Rocket League players

Soldato
I only found this game recently and with it being free to download and also free to play online, it got me playing and very quickly hooked.

I've since been on YouTube and seen the pro's play, absolutely insane.

Anyone else play this?
Anyone up for some games?

Soldato
Still play this a decent amount, been playing on and off since it originally came out free on PS+.

I'd be up for playing at some point, although i'd probably stick to casual matchmaking as my ranked I hover around Plat 3 in 3's and Diamond in 2's and don't want to mess my ranks up.

I'm on PS4 but I think it's crossplay between all systems. ItzMeDak is my PSN.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
It's cross platform, I'm on ps4 and I play now and again with mates on pc and xbox.

How long have you guys been playing and do you have any sort of aerial game at all? I have none. The learning curve seems ridiculously steep yet at the same time you can be a complete novice and just pick up and have a blast. Wish I'd discovered the game sooner tbh because it frustrates me at times, I know what I want to do but I can't do it...

Soldato
OP
Sorry I missed your invite adz was afk , I'd be keen on a team or something .. becoming hugely frustrating just playing with randoms

Good games mate, think it finished around 5 - 1 in the end, glad I managed one win!! Whilst the game was on the ground I always felt in it, soon as you're off up a wall or I'm waiting for the ball to drop in a 50 50 situation I know I'm screwed. Also, you were just more clinical.

How long have you been playing? I don't think there's any way to speed up learning the aerial part of the game is there, it's just gonna take time.

Associate
I honestly think you'll pick it up pretty quickly mate , I forgot to ask you what camera settings you're using it can make a huge difference.. enjoyed that good fun looking forward to playing some 2s or 3s on the same team

Soldato
There is no way to speed it up learning aerials, some people naturally just pick it up and others need to work hard to get to the same level.

I've been playing on and off since release and i'm still only decent at aerials and can't do a lot of the stuff pro's do.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Thanks for the games Dak, I don't like typing with the controller hence why I just said gg. I mistakenly went into competitive first and very quickly realised I was way out of my depth! I was wondering wtf is going on here :p :|

Even in the 1v1 later I could tell I had absolutely no chance. What controls do you use and does it make any difference? I've set my boost to L1.

Soldato
L2 Reverse, R2 Accelerate, L1 Left Roll, R1 Right Roll, X Jump and O Boost.

Yeah you were practically in late Plat to early Diamond playlists. Would have been way outside your comfort zone!

Soldato
OP
If we get a few more in here who want to play, we could just set up private server for 2v2 or 3v3 and do a first to 5 or something. I'm on most evenings ~10/11pm.

If we pair a noob up with a pro on each team it might be fun.

Soldato
What you playing on Russ?

PS5. My ID is the same as my username here.

Just added those here, and was already friends with daka. If you see me online feel free to sling me an invite! Might be a bit rusty mind :D. No headset until I get my hands on a Pulse either, but I know the drill.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom