Asus ROG X570 Crosshair Dark Hero Release? *** NO Competitor Talk ***

Associate
Check that the m.2 heatspreader isn’t causing the m.2 drive to flex. I swear I read about another user that had this issue and had to replace the thermal pads but for the life of me I can’t find the source. I thought it was Reddit, but it may have been elsewhere. I’ll keep looking.

I'm not the person you may or may not have read about, but I observed that the lower M.2 heatsink caused the drive to bend. I solved that by simply not tightening the screws completely, rather than replacing the thermal pad.

Good enough for me. Search is over. :)

Thanks a lot for your replies all, really appriciated. I will check when I'm back but if you've experienced the above also then I assume that's the problem. I also did a wiggle of the heatsink yesterday and that would also cause it not to show in the BIOS or Windows. But ever since I lightly screwed the heatsink in lightly, it's been fine. Will of course check again tonight. For reference I also screwed the SSD in with the standoff and screw on the bottom m.2 slot.

Associate
Thanks for your reply, just checking as you mentioned you're using the top one only, was that washer missing on the bottom one for you also?

I didn't bother removing the bottom one so not sure, I guess there's only one washer as only one side touches the m.2, other side's straight into board

Associate
Dynamic OC is working a treat, PBO is being super iffy for me though. With PBO all the auto settings work get 4.825ghz max however having c-states enabled can cause it to crash setting windows power option minimum cpu 5%-8% seems to stabilize it when c-states are enabled., adjusting any setting off auto just causes crashes so need to spend some more time toying and looking into it at some point

Currently just running a light 4.25ghz all core oc using dynamic oc when it goes >70A, set it to 1.1v but seems to be running at 1v according to HWInfo. Get just over 11,000 in R20 with it, just using PBO with R20 was around 10,000 and they run at the same temperature which is 63c

Associate
Currently I am still on the stock 2503 bios but when armoury crate checks if there is any new it says that I am on the latest. I am still preoccupied with meddling around with other things but does this happen to anyone else? is it known for the software to just not check this properly?

Associate
Currently I am still on the stock 2503 bios but when armoury crate checks if there is any new it says that I am on the latest. I am still preoccupied with meddling around with other things but does this happen to anyone else? is it known for the software to just not check this properly?
Does armory crate still automatically install itself unless toggled off in bios?

Associate
There wasn't a washer on the top m.2 slot on my board.
Anyone else or just me?
Is the silver washer attached to the heatsink, if so I do have one?

It was attached to the left screw for me, didn't come off so I only noticed when I checked to see if the screws came all the way off which they didn't seem too

Associate
Hi guys. Before fitting the cpu 5900. Do i need to do something before that?
Cheers in advance
you'll need to update the bios, if you arlready have a 3xxx series, you can install run the board and update, otherwise you will have to flash the bios without a chip in. easy to do, download the bios from the asus site, use the tool to rename the bios, put bios file onto usb stick. put usb stick into BIOS USB slot at back of board. hold bios flash button for 3 seconds and then wait around 5 minutes for bios to update. IIRC the light flashes while bios is updating then when it goes off you can install the 5900. I did this for my board and all worked perfectly and was easy to do.

You'll of course need to connect the motherboard to the power for both power inputs to do this, but don't need to install memory, gfx card etc.

Associate
you'll need to update the bios, if you arlready have a 3xxx series, you can install run the board and update, otherwise you will have to flash the bios without a chip in. easy to do, download the bios from the asus site, use the tool to rename the bios, put bios file onto usb stick. put usb stick into BIOS USB slot at back of board. hold bios flash button for 3 seconds and then wait around 5 minutes for bios to update. IIRC the light flashes while bios is updating then when it goes off you can install the 5900. I did this for my board and all worked perfectly and was easy to do.

You'll of course need to connect the motherboard to the power for both power inputs to do this, but don't need to install memory, gfx card etc.

Dark Hero supports Zen 3 out of the box, you don't need to update the bios.

Back
Top Bottom