Are you working over Christmas?

Associate
12 hour night shift on Christmas and Boxing day. Management have added extra work to be done on Christmas 'as it will be quiet'. Work that literally can be done any of the 365 days of the year including normal office hours.

Just another **** you. Needless to say no managers will be working.

In 6 months time when I'm vaccinated and the world is a bit more normal I'm off.

Soldato
Yep. A&E Friday to Tuesday.

I have worked Christmas for 5 years running now

:( Hopefully isn't too busy. In my training years I managed to get away with it and only worked one Christmas Day that happened to be A&E. Was really calm until the evening then everyone decided to come in!

thanks kind of you.

Hopefully we will have a quiet one.

Surely by now you know not to say the q word!

This year, I actually put my name down to Work Boxing day, 27th and 28th in out of hours but didn't get any shifts. Will have a nice few days off.

apg

apg

Associate
15 days off for me (not using any holiday allowance), back 3rd January. Offered overtime over christmas but I enjoy the time off.

Consigliere
Offered to work Boxing Day for triple pay. Just 4 hours and chose an evening shift to work with a guy I get along with well. Soooo probably microphones on and drinks whilst we do our thing remotely.

Associate
OP
Morning all, and Merry Christmas :D Particularly to those at work today. I've been on duty since 0600.

I've enjoyed reading the replies to this thread, in awe of just how much time some of you have off, and equally sympathetic to those for whom it's not through choice, particularly where futures are uncertain.

Regardless of your circumstances, I hope you all have a fantastic day, whether you're at work, alone, with your family, or something else.

Take care and keep safe.

FB..

Caporegime
Just LOL if you're not smashing some ass, lifting some weights, but also taking the time to listen others when they a view which is different to yours and through discussion you can reach a mutually agreable outcome.

Noobs,

Associate
OP
Thought I'd necro this thread rather than create a new one.

Once again, I'm working over Christmas. I'm day shift 23rd/24th and night shift 25th/26th. Got a week off after that. At least I have Christmas Day to spend with my girls.

So, are you as unlucky as/unluckier than me? I've requested next Christmas off as leave. We'll see.

Soldato
I work a continuous nightshift rota for a well known large retailer in their distribution centre and over this coming festive period I am scheduled to be off on the 24th, 25th, 26th.

However industrial action is looming which could mean I am off over ten days instead - here's hoping!

Back
Top Bottom