Raised By Wolves

SPG

SPG

Soldato
Binged this over the weekend. First few episodes were great, nice story building in the middle but then what on earth was episode 10?!

The scene with the baby in episode 5 was :eek:

Either very very clever or just trash...

I am going with trash, it started off really well and had a nice premise...

(The art-style while fun for a couple of episode's is bloody horrible, not being a astro-physicist but a sun that only emits light in the grey spectrum is very strange or the entire planet is England in January.

Associate
Hmmm. I really enjoyed it until the last episode.

I thought that a mystical creature moved away from the Science and into the realms of fantasy.
Yes, I know people heard voices etc but that could have been down to chemicals making them high as opposed to magic.

It will be interesting to see where Season 2 takes it

Soldato
Just started watching this. Seen the first 3 episodes and have enjoyed it so far. I think I am most curious about the history behind the necromancers rather than anything happening in the present so far!

Soldato
Finally finished this....yeh it went down hill about half way through and then had a big WTF ending. Disappointed really as it seemed very interesting at first

Soldato
OP
Finally got round to starting this....the pilot was awesome, I'd almost forgotten what good TV is like after regrettably sampling some of the dirge on Netflix again recently.

Pacing, intrigue, action, characters that show a semblance of character, actors that can act.

Hopefully it doesn't go too off the rails....the pilot is pretty straightforward and easy to follow, I was worried it might be a bit too wilfully obscure.

Soldato
OP
Pretty wild that last episode....not quite sure what to make of it! Definitely went in a bit of a different direction than I was expecting.

Overall I really enjoyed the first series, looking forward to the second to see where they take it.

it's almost....part of the Alien universe. The flying dragon stuff was pretty wild, but we've had those conspicuous skeletons knocking around all series so not a huge surprise to see that side explored more.

Was just a bit of a surprise it went down that road, after focusing mostly on the relationships between the characters for most of it.

Soldato
A bit late to the party.

Well I enjoyed it even through to the end of Season 1. Interesting blend of fantasy, horror and sci fi. I liked many of the concept choices, the andriods, being on a another planet, theological war etc. The choice of an alternate history where there appears to be only one monotheistic religion and an opposed aethiesim was good. Quite smart too if thats the story device you want to use avoids any baggae of real monotheistic religions.

In the middle of the series I had wondered if the other creatures were humans who had deliberately genetically modified themselves to survive on the harsh planet. Now I guess that theory is blown, the kind of neo pagan or idol worship thing going on at the end was an interesting curve ball.

Overall it's well enough made and acted, even if the writing has a few holes, that it will keep me watching. It is in that category of "is this well thought high concept TV or is this high concept trash where no one has a plan and is making it up as they go along". I'm hoping the former but the latter is far too common in US TV.

Back
Top Bottom