Brand new s20 FE 5G is faulty

Soldato
Just an update for anyone that may be interested. Contacted Samsung support again this morning and although for the first time since I’d been in correspondence with them they have admitted there is an issue they still claim it’s software and not hardware related, which for my money is nonsense.
They wouldn’t entertain a replacement/refund and insisted it would need to be inspected by an engineer again. Even when I pointed out that didn’t do much good the last time they wouldn’t budge.
I even highlighted that I’d received no paperwork to say what (if anything) was repaired they said the repair notes at their end stated the ‘octo’ was replaced :rolleyes:, is that even a thing??
Anyhow I had to play along and given the holiday period is looming I wouldn’t expect a refund any time soon anyway so I opted for the doorstep repair which I wasn’t offered the last time. At least I might get to actually speak to the engineer.
Luckily the money is on PayPal credit with instalments so I don’t need it back right now but the battle continues...

Soldato
Just an update for anyone that may be interested. Contacted Samsung support again this morning and although for the first time since I’d been in correspondence with them they have admitted there is an issue they still claim it’s software and not hardware related, which for my money is nonsense.
They wouldn’t entertain a replacement/refund and insisted it would need to be inspected by an engineer again. Even when I pointed out that didn’t do much good the last time they wouldn’t budge.
I even highlighted that I’d received no paperwork to say what (if anything) was repaired they said the repair notes at their end stated the ‘octo’ was replaced :rolleyes:, is that even a thing??
Anyhow I had to play along and given the holiday period is looming I wouldn’t expect a refund any time soon anyway so I opted for the doorstep repair which I wasn’t offered the last time. At least I might get to actually speak to the engineer.
Luckily the money is on PayPal credit with instalments so I don’t need it back right now but the battle continues...

Spoke to a friend who used to work in a location Samsung use for depot repairs.
He reckons “Octo” relates to the processor therefore a logic board replacement.

Back
Top Bottom