Wonder Woman 2

Soldato
Just finished watching it, shocking film. Way too long and very forgettable. Would have got absolutely panned at the cinema.

I liked the first one, just a bad plot for the second.

Kyo

Kyo

Soldato
Absolute mess tbh. The pacing was all over the place and the story was ludicrous. Some touching moments but over all pretty disappointing.

I have no idea what that was but it was bad.

Last edited:
Soldato
Couldn't stop laughing it's utter garbage:2/10 I'm being generous lol
Nope its not just you :( I thought it was utter garbage as well! 2/10 is all its worth. Chris Pine was just about the only good thing in it. No wonder WB did not bother releasing in cinemas first it flopped hard in China last week (they loved the first movie). This is just more woke Hollywood garbage with a massive advertising budget & little else to sustain it.
How its even rated PG13 instead of U is a mystery its a comic book fairyland fantasy designed for 5-7 year old girls with virtually zero violence or onscreen deaths just a load of rainbow unicorn candyland the world is such a great place preachy messages instead of a plausible screenplay :rolleyes::(

Kyo

Kyo

Soldato
Patty Jenkins must have been off her rocker to come.up.wirh such disappointing nonesense..A lot of the things that happen to Diana is canon but it made no sense or explanation how they got there..it's just happened which is inconsistent to the events after 84. It reminded me of the Richard Donner Superman movies with the made up powers which obviously came from someone unfamiliar with the source material. It's bewildering how they thought this would work. Audiences are intelligent they won't accept any old garbage you start shovelling. How could they get it so wrong. The opening scene with young Diana was impressive and got my attention but soon fell pretty flat and then it just got silly and stupid.

Things I had a problem with. Don't click if you haven't seen it ** major spoilers**
rule in the movie. Everyone got one wish but then suddenly you can get 2.??
Wishes need physical touch but then all of a sudden it didn't.
The whole armour thing was pointless
Flight? Erm Steve shows her how to fly???
Power of Love ..... Erm wtf??
Invisibility???
Lasso clouds and lightning???

Last edited:
Soldato
From what ive read many are saying ho wbad the CGI is, didnt they have like, 7 extra months on this?...WB need the DC IP taken off them now.

Soldato
It was watchable, but nowhere near as good as the first one. The Golden armour was wasted, she is supposed to be invulnerable in that and capable of taking on actual Gods and winning - a feral cat would pose no risk and would be swatted aside like a ragdoll. And as for the invisible plane, don't get me started on a Tornado having side by side seats and just sitting there at a museum with enough fuel to fly from DC to Cairo when the max range is only about 800 miles. WW has always had an invisible plane so why they thought they'd screw it up just to show that Steve can pilot anything is beyond me.

Last edited:

Kyo

Kyo

Soldato
From what ive read many are saying ho wbad the CGI is, didnt they have like, 7 extra months on this?...WB need the DC IP taken off them now.

It wasn't so much the effects for me but the whole thing was messy. Clearly didn't build on the success of the first and was badly put together and the storyline just didn't make sense with lots of holes imo. It was all over the place. Suspect it was producer interfering with the creative aspect or the production team was high or lazy with the screenplay. Think they tried to copy Thor Ragnarok or something but ended up executing it really badly. Felt sorry for the actors. They can only go based on what's been given to them.

Soldato
The rumours were that Patty Jenkins had a lot of help in the first film from Zack Snyder. Based on the performance of the first film, she was allowed to do her own thing, but the first version of the 1984 film was... not good. There were massive reshoots (rarely a good sign), and what we've got now is also a poor film.

If you look at her directing credits, she's had one big hit in Monster (due to Charlize Theron's acting), Wonder Woman (with Zack Snyder overseeing), and that's pretty much it, so I wonder if she's been promoted beyond her abilities, but the optics of a female director for Wonder Woman are obvious.

Soldato
One thing is certain if WB do not change their approach quickly they will go bust or be taken over by another studio. Their upcoming 2021 movies all sound like the same woke garbage as WW84 until these woke films constantly fail financially they will keep making more & ramming that PC message down your throat!

Soldato
Well that was worse than I was hoping for. Other than the onscreen chemistry between Gadot and Pine which is still fantastic, literally nothing else in the film worked for me. Terrible story, poor acting due to poor script, awful CGI in so very many places (literally youtube channels like Corridor Crew have done better work), Zimmerman's music falling flat (maybe a first?) and around 30 mins too long. There are a few scenes which are good, but 5-10 minutes of good can't undo so much poor work for me - considering the year delay to polish things it's amazing to me that this film is still so shoddy looking.

The post credit scene with the wink was a nice touch however :)

As an aside regarding the ending (spoilers) and the later Justice League film -

I've no idea how the events of WW "talking" to everyone in 1984 are seemingly forgotten about by the time of the Justice League as there was no MIB style world wide memory wipe so thats odd, unless I've misunderstood how the "why did people renounce" part (they could hear WW's speech through Pascal's televised character)?

Last edited:
Soldato
I thought it was alright, after christmas dinner and way too much chocolate, as something to chill and watch for a few hours it was perfectly acceptable.

The opening sequence felt a little on the long side but other than that it was ok. The baddy was a bit underwhelming, but gadot and pine still worked well togeather. Wiig was also a good character although let down by the end sequence which just didn't seem to fit well.

Back
Top Bottom