Quest 2 accessories - recommendations, reviews etc

Soldato
Can anyone recommend a good solution for an audio upgrade? Coming from the rift the difference in audio quality is huge. Something similar to the rift would be ideal.

Soldato
Can anyone recommend a good solution for an audio upgrade? Coming from the rift the difference in audio quality is huge. Something similar to the rift would be ideal.

Koss KSC75 clip on earphones. Very similar to the Rift headphones. There are also mods to attach them like the rift ones.

Soldato
Koss KSC75 clip on earphones. Very similar to the Rift headphones. There are also mods to attach them like the rift ones.

Quality headphones. I use these, the cable is very long and gets in the way so it's worth soldering on a new jack or tie the cable up with cable ties.
Audio quality is excellent and far far superior to the inbuilt

Soldato

Thank you for the suggestion.

Quality headphones. I use these, the cable is very long and gets in the way so it's worth soldering on a new jack or tie the cable up with cable ties.
Audio quality is excellent and far far superior to the inbuilt

How do you have yours mounted? Any links for the mod to attach the headphones to the quest?

Soldato
OP
Finally got the battery pack for my mvhstudios headstrap. Combined with using the top strap from the original quest strap, it's really great, takes the weight of the headset off really nicely. Narrow facial interface is probably the last thing I need I guess, so if anyone has a spare one going, let me know :D.

Soldato
OP
2DZEoTxebMc5tEkLknIq9N1e1hk2s3j8sgX30w-ZBwhJxMdqGk-FteoY1pII1L5Krd5uScDbcU2g_-ef7JI-BUFO-tRx0eupOrfb5eEMJypts17lOJ3m5EmYsA03VmA7BDBgp74BwAOu5Ura8bYJEpmMAhSeUfMrC1yFrYb4-FRKFU_WMoTEP0_Oe9viKWFJKDKVGzfEo-6D2f1CXYNoJag6R2PiA8qU1IcfV4u9uyEVqvpw0z0hHdU0aVfAjHmnTEGb3jEth2wa83wbLflJVofjfl37rAOE7wpY7mu8YZJ6KRDu37NDoD7Cs0hi-jD2_xFiQ2gWtwxtc03OxzOHMWYhz61cM6AKqmEwLY17bTvxKWmtN1FbjpXfFrs6bif2Unfl0em37LyvB6dRH_yv5oTWBE17BeBV9fsNH3YGJXwsxp2YYvl5ZuxnuCoryHOzc8Lnh5Mdr2WqZ3Rv5FGhxRhs8HK0lX0sx20yQMpwRoQzz2zU0Ksqu406FGfFKHU-OqLbCs5StS80hs9NZCZphU2EmqJpd1n2lq6CND2Mg4wgY5Ltb_s1O84grI9H0upte232egVF2WO0TtttRPT2ccGXWO_af24jX66guXz2OFnUPs2x2EYcK7jdZsgTAHfY3YPLVT1phv_Qm-2ufKTyByVvQL9N-aIKR-3zh90tYp65kqQQNrFNyFTsyaAFtjY=w1289-h967-no

Not the prettiest wiring setup atm (it's unplugged too since I' was charging the powerbank).

Really nice to take the weight off the front, the top strap helps with that, but previously I had it slightly too tight and it was taking the weight more than the rest, so a small adjustment and now it's really nice. Just got the left right wobble, which I'd think a narrower interface may help with. Might just try and get some padding on the lenses so it's not bouncing off the bridge of my nose on quick turns.

Soldato
OP
looks good, i know it may look uncomfortable

but that looks like it would be a lot more comfier than the standard strap and my halo strap

The battery also really helps with the angle of where the pressure comes from of the rear piece of the strap, brings it in at a nice angle at the base of my skull.

Soldato
So it's official, my vr cover is lost in the post.
Also been informed that they are no longer shipping to the UK due to the new corona strain.
Joy :/

Anyone know of any decent clones or something?

Soldato
Do you get charged any import tax or handling charges when ordering the GOMRVR Halo strap? Never ordered from AliExpress before.

Maybe.

Gifts worth up to £39 don't attract VAT. Nor do other goods up to £15. So it'll depend on how much you're paying, how they mark the package, or whether you get lucky (i.e. nobody checks).

Associate

I took this advice and whilst I’ve only tried them for about 2 minutes, what a difference. You can actually here the notes being hit in Beat Sabre clearly.

Caporegime
Maybe.

Gifts worth up to £39 don't attract VAT. Nor do other goods up to £15. So it'll depend on how much you're paying, how they mark the package, or whether you get lucky (i.e. nobody checks).

I've gone for the Elite Strap, is the GOMVR better? It doesn't seem worth the saving for all the hassle if its not.

Back
Top Bottom