*** OcUK Secret Santa UnWrap Thread 2020 ***

Soldato
Ahhh i'm chuffed you liked the bits mate! I ordered something way back in November which is still to arrive! So when it comes i'll get it sent and you can have something else for that big gaming table! ;)

Merry Christmas mate, hope you've had a good one :)

Already overjoyed with what I've got so anything else is a huge plus so thank you again in advance.

Hope you have/had an excellent one too :)

Soldato
THANK YOU VERY VERY MUCH TO MY Secret Santa - @LuckyBenski

loPeseu.png

bOckFkB.png

You have no idea how awesome that all is.

The book will be cherished and will be a well thumbed resource for many years to come.

Food science has always intrigued me so this will go a long way to helping me understand why I need to do something instead of just doing it and hopefully make me a better cook in the process.

And I also got a game too.. https://www.overclockers.co.uk/forums/posts/34382797

Merry Christmas, happy new year :D

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Thanks very much nitefly, the sauce is excellent! really good effort i'll put more in next year!

5EIXToK.jpg

GCOjXMF.jpg
No worries buddy - thought I had to get you the filters :D

Skull is an absolutely phenomenal (and short) game - if you can get 4 people to understand the nuances of the rules and know how to bluff it is one of the great social game experiences IMO.

In a nutshell, you have 4 beer mats each, 3 with flowers on one side and one with a skull. You put down beer mats face down and then ‘bet’ how many mats you can turnover without revealing a skull. The snag is that you have to turnover your own mats first... so if you’ve put down a skull you’re stuffed... so you can always bluff and make people bid higher :D

Really, really, really good game IMO - hope you get a chance to play it at some point :)

It’s even fun to play not intending to win and just to cause chaos and be a nob (i.e. religiously always put down a skull) :D

Soldato
Thank you @neoglow :D

The signs are already hanging up in the garage :)

Merry Christmas everyone!

You’re most welcome, you were tough to stalk! With most posts related to Mercs, I figured these would go nicely in your garage but I had to assume you had a garage for your nice motor. If you didn’t, the signs would look good in the downstairs loo ;)

Soldato
Got a message ahead of time not to open the main packages til Christmas, so been staring at these for a week or two:

mFRIL3q.jpg

Got a bumper bag of OcUK's favourite sweets :D and a couple of pressies!

Yo67IJD.jpg

First was a really nice wooden beard comb and leather holster. At present I'm 14 months into growing a beard so my little 3cm one is no longer adequate, this is way better :p

74Yjyx2.jpg

And some memory foam shoe inserts. I don't know if I've said something on here to show I'd like them, maybe talking about keeping Dr Marten shoes alive. Either way they're appreciated as my main house shoes are getting pretty worn!

eBDCBm7.jpg

Thank you Santa, merry Christmas everyone and as ever thanks Cainer for putting it all together :)

Don
Presents arrived, girlfriend looked to make sure they were wrapped, then put them into a black bag:

PXYqpbK.jpg
pressies out of the bag:
DhgMBEU.jpg
A little note - it's true, I am hard to find much about - I work in IT Security, so tend to lock down most of my online presence:
moG0q4M.jpg

And pictures of the final haul:
teC9xSf.jpg

Thanks for organising Cainer, hope you enjoyed your gifts! Well done Diddums too,

And thank you Booyaka for the lovely gifts, you did well!! :D

Soldato
Right sorry for the slow post but an absolute massive thanks to @mushtafa absolutely smashed it this year.

I probably gave him a heart attack when I changed my sig on posting day to a different car but this car will always have a special place in my heart and will likely buy one in a few years again...

This is my absolute go-to mug now.

5Ou5xYZl.jpg

And then a handy dandy pen which is now sat on my desk and a pub quiz game that came in useful over Christmas!

ZDWhlvyl.jpg

Honestly can't thank you enough you've absolutely smashed it! :)

Oh there was also some chocolates, I didn't want to give you a worry but the postie stuck the box hidden away and it got absolutely soaked as we didn't notice it for at least a day, everything stayed dry thankfully... somehow, though when we opened the chocolates were discovered and they got obliterated way before Christmas day :p

Back
Top Bottom