Anyone watercooling an RX 6800 or 6800 XT yet?

Associate
I have an RX 6800 in its box here, but I'm hesitant to actually slap my EK waterblock on it when it arrives in a week. I'm swapping out a 2080 ti because I need HDMI 2.1 for my OLED-screen, but a performance increase would be good too. I'm pretty sure the little 6800 won't do much better in most games. My 2080 ti scores just over 10.000 in port royal.

Maybe someone out there has already put their 6800/6800 XT under water and can share some stats: Temps, deltas, benchmarks, etc?

Associate
I have a 6800XT ordered, and I am curious about this too. I see that some EK blocks are on pre-order now. Any idea when these are expected to land?

Associate
OP
I have a 6800XT ordered, and I am curious about this too. I see that some EK blocks are on pre-order now. Any idea when these are expected to land?

Mine was said to be in stock at EK. Ordered directly. They did warn about long delivery times. Mine is expected in about ten days.

Associate
Mine was said to be in stock at EK. Ordered directly. They did warn about long delivery times. Mine is expected in about ten days.

I did see that they were available on EK's website. Which did you opt for? I have always been a sucker for Plexi blocks, so was looking at the Copper + Plexi one. It's a bit odd that they offer only the Plexi + nickel block with the RGB option, but I digress.

Associate
OP
I did see that they were available on EK's website. Which did you opt for? I have always been a sucker for Plexi blocks, so was looking at the Copper + Plexi one. It's a bit odd that they offer only the Plexi + nickel block with the RGB option, but I digress.

I went for the Radeon Edition-one. I think it will fit nicely with my setup in all red and black. I think the plexi-blocks look great, and kind of changed my mind last second here. I wasn't impressed by the black ones at first, but now I feel like they are more unique than a lot of other blocks. And I'm also hoping they perform better (for some reason :D).

AFouOZ94Sdkoy7C3.jpg

Associate
My EK Plexi 6800XT Block is here. Missed the first wave due to uncertain card order status on AMD but got in for the second dispatch. Ordered on the 25th and it was due to arrive after the 13th but here it is on my desk today. Thank you EK :)

Will update when I've installed this weekend. :)

Associate
Wish I had the cash lol :D

Although I can't complain about my 6800XT - it's serving me really well in the games I like to play
The 6800XT seems competitive outside of ray tracing. If I were buying for just gaming and didn’t care about RT I would grab the 6800XT for sure. Stock permitting ofc.

I really love the look of the EK block. On the other hand I do think it is expensive.

Pet Northerner
Don
The 6800XT seems competitive outside of ray tracing. If I were buying for just gaming and didn’t care about RT I would grab the 6800XT for sure. Stock permitting ofc.

I really love the look of the EK block. On the other hand I do think it is expensive.

RT isn't quite there yet for me (outside of CP2077) and I probably have about a year or twos worth of backlog to get through that will never get RT.

Associate
Finally done it - AMD Reference 6800XT under water. Full load doesn't break a sweat at around 50c with my max OC. I can get too 2.6Ghz/2100Mhz Ram. Can probably tweak it some more but im happy with it at stock for the games I play and the resolution I run. Stock temps don't go above 45c. Obviously creeps as water equalises and as the room gets warmer.

Done for another good year or so but still might tinker with some hard tubing ideas. :)

Heres the build on EKWB Facebook Page which was a shared post from EKWB International page. :)

https://www.facebook.com/groups/EKWBFANS/permalink/3494096564044298/

3EepGD9.png

BHjFKJg.png

sXLnTLE.png

R91TKY0.png

rGm2TFZ.png

Shil

Associate
I'm planning on doing the same to my 6800 .

@Shilz is your 6800XT on a riser cable? Did that work no problems? I read a lot of people had issues.

Yes, a cheap PCI3.0 riser bought a year or so ago when I fitted the 5700XT its been perfectly stable and running great with hours of gaming and benching on the new card.

Just to note the BIOS setting under PCIe needs to be set to GEN3 before you do the upgrade.

I'm waiting on a Link-up PCI4.0 Riser which should be here in the next few weeks will let you know how it goes. :)

Back
Top Bottom