• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Cyberpunk 2077 Ultra performance

Soldato
Because they make your performance 0fps by not-working. How about stop trying to dictate what people can talk about and if it doesn't interest you, don't read it? ^_^

there is a specific thread for this game in the pc games section. You can discuss all the bugs to your heart’s content.

this thread is in the graphics card section. It’s supposed to be a thread to discuss the game’s performance in ultra mode on different graphics cards.

clearly game breaking bugs etc. Are completely irrelevant to the normal game performance GPU wise.

I want to read the thread but I'm concerned off topic chat will spoil the game.

Soldato
Jim makes Karl Marx look far right these days though... he's gone a bit looney, especially this year - I think the lockdown's gotten to him with only twitterati folk to interact with. I don't doubt CP2077 has done at least 10mil net, I don't even think the refunds are anywhere near as much as the media would have you believe - we all know they just deal in outrage and try to blow everything way out of proportion.

Mens sana in corpore sano, as the saying goes. So then it's not unusual to see the opposite manifest as well, with this guy being a prime example. I think being "too online" and on the internet as opposed to going out more also has a deleterious effect on the psyche. It's easy to fall into bubbles where everyone thinks & speaks the same, it gets weird quickly.

Soldato
there is a specific thread for this game in the pc games section. You can discuss all the bugs to your heart’s content.

this thread is in the graphics card section. It’s supposed to be a thread to discuss the game’s performance in ultra mode on different graphics cards.

clearly game breaking bugs etc. Are completely irrelevant to the normal game performance GPU wise.

I want to read the thread but I'm concerned off topic chat will spoil the game.

And if the thread devolves into spoiler territory - then I'll join you with the protesting ;)

Soldato
there’s already been mention of in game events

Like I said, if it devolves into spoiler territory - I'll support you in your protest. There's been nothing even close - and I'm sure the members here are very aware of what they're posting to avoid spoiling it for others - this is OCUK, not Twitter -- we're nice people here ;)

Associate
Anyone tried the Cinematic Mode as described here?

I can't quite work out if it looks better or not... running 3080 @ 4k Balanced DLSS with DF settings; I'd like to think it looks better but it could just be a placibo effect (I normally run without RTX @ DLSS Quality as I don't like the blurryness of the performance modes).

Soldato
Anyone tried the Cinematic Mode as described here?

I can't quite work out if it looks better or not... running 3080 @ 4k Balanced DLSS with DF settings; I'd like to think it looks better but it could just be a placibo effect (I normally run without RTX @ DLSS Quality as I don't like the blurryness of the performance modes).
Tomshardware couldn't even be bothered to link to the orginal forum post.
https://www.nexusmods.com/cyberpunk2077/mods/428?tab=description

https://imgsli.com/MzQ1NDQ

@weldon855 Looking through the comparison images above this seems to increase the LOD for the game. Maybe you can test the cinematic parameter and see how it performs for you?

Associate
Tomshardware couldn't even be bothered to link to the orginal forum post.
https://www.nexusmods.com/cyberpunk2077/mods/428?tab=description

@weldon855 Looking through the comparison images above this seems to increase the LOD for the game. Maybe you can test the cinematic parameter and see how it performs for you?
See that on one of the screenshots alright
quick test, this alone fixed the scaling lod but does not stop items dissappearing I think.

link to original post detailing the lod distance.https://www.overclockers.co.uk/foru...ra-performance.18910855/page-33#post-34345549
@jaminben
I'm on a different GPU now but settings are the ultra with no Ray tracing.(actually I think the command forces ray tracing on)
extreme difference on the concrete steps.
before
DS1dZ4s.png
and with cinematic combined with distanceboost
IEbGFJz.jpeg

below probably highlights the concrete better
14Rmrjt.jpg
h8J24u4.jpg
slider link below but I was slighly off on 2nd position
https://imgsli.com/MzQ4MDA

Last edited:
Associate
I get between 50 and 65 FPS, Ultra RTX with quality DLSS on 1440p. It’s visually stunning and darn smooth.

R7 5800X
ASUS RTX 3070 TUF OC
2075 boost core / 16GHz mem ingame

Soldato
Ive just tried the cinematic mode and compared screenshots and except for a slightly better distance LoD i dont think its worth the 5-10 fps drop. It used an Extra 1.5 GB vRam but only peaked at 8.3GB so the 3080 would have still been fine if it wasn't for the frame rate drop.

Tried a few of the other options. The GeForce now and nextgenconsoleUltra appear to turn off ray tracing reflections at least if not RT totally and my FPS was 100+ instead of my steady 55-65 on my 3440x1440p.

Soldato
I've been playing for a few hours on my Vega64 and I've been running with HBCC Memory Segment enabled to increase the VRAM over 8GB. With the logging enabled in the AMD software RAM Utilisation is reporting at 9.6GB. I'm seeing, with a blend of High and Medium settings at 1440P with FidelityFX CAS at 90% static, around 40-50FPS and it seems great.

Soldato
I've been playing for a few hours on my Vega64 and I've been running with HBCC Memory Segment enabled to increase the VRAM over 8GB. With the logging enabled in the AMD software RAM Utilisation is reporting at 9.6GB. I'm seeing, with a blend of High and Medium settings at 1440P with FidelityFX CAS at 90% static, around 40-50FPS and it seems great.

With an RTX 3070 and a mix of high/ultra @1440p, no DLSS, I'm seeing around 6.7gigs without RT and borderline 8gigs(7.7-7.9) with RT enabled. At the moment i'm looking at upgrading my 3600 as it seems to bottleneck the GPU a bit in CP2077. Getting hold of an R5 5600x is difficult though without paying a heavy scalper tax.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
With an RTX 3070 and a mix of high/ultra @1440p, no DLSS, I'm seeing around 6.7gigs without RT and borderline 8gigs(7.7-7.9) with RT enabled. At the moment i'm looking at upgrading my 3600 as it seems to bottleneck the GPU a bit in CP2077. Getting hold of an R5 5600x is difficult though without paying a heavy scalper tax.
I will be waiting to see what Zen 4 brings, if it is a nice jump, then I may get on the new platform, if not then by then I can pick up a nicely discounted 5900X on member’s market :D

Associate
Been using static FidelityFX CAS at 80% on vega 56 at 1440p, now getting framerate high enough for my freesync to always be on. bit of a revelation for me and really not a huge impact on graphics for me on a 32inch monitor. Its not perfect but as I cannot find a 6800Xt for love nor money its a good compromise :)

Associate
Haven't seen the video yet but one thing I've noticed was that my RTX 3070 feels awful sub 60 fps whereas my rx5700 felt fine down to around 50-55(low fps is still low but it felt way better than what i have now).

I experience the same thing with my 3080... my thoughts are that it's still a Ryzen SMT issue that was supposedly fixed in the latest patches or not a problem for CPU's with 8 cores or more (3700X here). I can be running @ 55fps but it feels more like 25fps; once back up over 60fps it's fine.

Back
Top Bottom