Wireless IEMS

Man of Honour
After putting my Samsung Buds through the washing machine (doh!) I've just ordered a pair of Melomania's. Am I correct in saying they come with a set of foam buds as well as the rubber ones, or do I need to purchase the £10 set. Didn't order with the headphones as I see there are 2 different sizes so want to see what the fit is like first.

I think there is one pair.

Associate
Been given a choice of either Melomania 1's or a set of the original Galaxy Buds (not the + version).

Any views on these as a comparison? I've seen loads of good reviews for the melos but reviews on the Galaxy buds are a bit of a mixed bag.. any help is appreciated.. if it helps I listen to synth pop mainly, stuff like Chvrches, though I do like plenty of other genres..

Associate
They are spot on mate, connect literally straight away with my Mac Mini when I take them out of the case. Only issue is that I use Comfy foam tips so have to remove them when I have to charge but no biggie. Sound abit better than my old Soundmagics too :)

Soldato
They are spot on mate, connect literally straight away with my Mac Mini when I take them out of the case. Only issue is that I use Comfy foam tips so have to remove them when I have to charge but no biggie. Sound abit better than my old Soundmagics too :)

Nice one. They are a tad bassy but an eq sorts that.

Associate
Cambridge Audio Melomania Touch Pre-order available:)
I'm interested in those, but I'm going to wait for reviews as I'd like to know how well the mics work for calls and what the controls are like.
I wish they'd used QCC3040 instead of the older 3020 though.

[Edit] Has anyone heard of any buds coming that will use the QCC3056 chip?

Last edited:
Soldato
Soldato
Hi chaps

Deciding between LG Tone Free FN6 and Samsung Galaxy buds Live. Can effectively have either for hte same price.

Any thoughts?

Associate
Cambridge Audio Melomania Touch Pre-order available:)

My order arrived first thing on Tuesday and I spent most of the day trying to get them to work, the instructions are dire but I sussed it out eventually. If I didn't get a duff set Cambridge Audio are in trouble :/

Pairing success rate was about 30% but when paired there were a huge amounts of dropouts of one channel and a lot of dropouts of both channels, I don't think I got through a track without a fault. Moving my head was enough to cause a dropout, hopeless!

I got my RMA auth for a refund yesterday without question. A few hours after that I got an email explaining how to pair the buds, it was significantly more detailed than the instructions included in my delivery.

Very frustrating but I have finally learnt my lesson about being an early adopter, yeah right ;)

Man of Honour
My order arrived first thing on Tuesday and I spent most of the day trying to get them to work, the instructions are dire but I sussed it out eventually. If I didn't get a duff set Cambridge Audio are in trouble :/

Pairing success rate was about 30% but when paired there were a huge amounts of dropouts of one channel and a lot of dropouts of both channels, I don't think I got through a track without a fault. Moving my head was enough to cause a dropout, hopeless!

I got my RMA auth for a refund yesterday without question. A few hours after that I got an email explaining how to pair the buds, it was significantly more detailed than the instructions included in my delivery.

Very frustrating but I have finally learnt my lesson about being an early adopter, yeah right ;)

I was reading one of the magazine reviews and they pretty much said the same - they couldn't get them to stay paired.
Coming home tonight and concentrated more on the sound in my Melomania 1's and I really don't need to get better than them, they already sound awesome.

Soldato
I bought a pair of AirPod pros a couple of days ago. A tad underwhelmed to be honest given the price. Plus the left one has randomly started to disconnect then reconnect every 5-10 seconds. Tried repairing countless times. Looks like they are faulty.

Associate
I found a decent deal on Sennheiser Momentum 2s and ordered, I have a pair of HD800 on my home setup and really like the 'Sennheiser' sound.

The Momentums are too quiet as most reviews say but fitting comply foam tips made all the difference, very happy with them paired with my A&K KANN.

Happy for now ;)

Back
Top Bottom