• Unlikely to buy either

Votes: 228 21.5%

• Total voters
Soldato
I’ve got too much to get through already on mine:

Days gone
Assassins creed Valhalla
Miles morales

Anyone played the PSN collection game Until Dawn? Any good?

Until dawn is excellent. I had no idea what kind of game it was before I played it.
It's kinda like the david cage games, heavy rain etc.

Caporegime
I was reading an interesting technical article earlier which goes some way to explaining what we've seen so far with PS5 holding slightly higher resolutions in games like AC.

I hadn't really looked past marketing which we all know focuses almost entirely on compute performance (TFLOPS), what the marketing doesn't say though is both GPU's have 64 ROP's for pixel rendering which is what helps most with resolution and because the PS5 GPU is clocked significantly higher (2200mhz v 1800mhz) it means that PS5 has a higher pixel fill-rate.

Associate
I was reading an interesting technical article earlier which goes some way to explaining what we've seen so far with PS5 holding slightly higher resolutions in games like AC.

I hadn't really looked past marketing which we all know focuses almost entirely on compute performance (TFLOPS), what the marketing doesn't say though is both GPU's have 64 ROP's for pixel rendering which is what helps most with resolution and because the PS5 GPU is clocked significantly higher (2200mhz v 1800mhz) it means that PS5 has a higher pixel fill-rate.

This is a interesting read and explains things nicely.

https://www.briscoegames.com/post/xbox-explained-why-the-series-x-isn-t-performing

Caporegime
Yep that's the article I was referring to it's very interesting, I originally just assumed with XSX having more 'units' it meant it would have more of everything but when it comes to pushing raw pixels PS5 is actually better.

The split RAM pools on the XBX must be a bit of a headache for developers as well.

Associate
Anyone else had the internal spring break for the R2 trigger break on their controller.
It seems a fairly common issue and I'm quite disappointed given that I do look after my gear so it's broken under little usage.
I've got little faith it wouldn't happen again so I'm even tempted to return the console and wait for a new revision

Associate
Well typical that on receiving my PS5 with Miles Morales Ultimate Edition along with God of War, Horizon and Last of Us (which never having a PS4 missed out on), I had no time to play it. So really looking forward to spending next week getting lost in some cracking games.

Anyone know of any offers on PS+? Looked round on CD Keys etc but can’t seem to find it that cheap, can usually pick up things like Xbox Live with a good ten quid or more off it.

Soldato
Well typical that on receiving my PS5 with Miles Morales Ultimate Edition along with God of War, Horizon and Last of Us (which never having a PS4 missed out on), I had no time to play it. So really looking forward to spending next week getting lost in some cracking games.

Anyone know of any offers on PS+? Looked round on CD Keys etc but can’t seem to find it that cheap, can usually pick up things like Xbox Live with a good ten quid or more off it.
Edit as below...

Caporegime
Anyone else had the internal spring break for the R2 trigger break on their controller.
It seems a fairly common issue and I'm quite disappointed given that I do look after my gear so it's broken under little usage.
I've got little faith it wouldn't happen again so I'm even tempted to return the console and wait for a new revision

I was hoping this wouldn't be a thing this time around. It was the same on the DS4, I broke two without much use at all due to holding them down in FIFA to sprint :(

Soldato
I was hoping this wouldn't be a thing this time around. It was the same on the DS4, I broke two without much use at all due to holding them down in FIFA to sprint :(
I’m wondering is this more of a result of the new haptic feature on PS5? I know my young lad was complaining about the pressure when players were tired in FIFA, so much so that he turned the haptics off.

Caporegime

Well CD keys is £36, that’s £14 off normal price.

Soldato
Just started playing Miles. Just got a question about the triggers.

There appears to be some tension added right at the bottom of the press however when you squeeze the trigger halfway it still triggers the web swing. Any idea why the tension has been added? as I can't work out if it does anything different at the moment

Soldato
Just started playing Miles. Just got a question about the triggers.

There appears to be some tension added right at the bottom of the press however when you squeeze the trigger halfway it still triggers the web swing. Any idea why the tension has been added? as I can't work out if it does anything different at the moment

Can't answer sorry but there is a similar poor implementation in AC Valhalla. The bow is at max power prior to the tension so there is no point to press further.

Back
Top Bottom