• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Stormforce Onyx AMD Ryzen 5 3400

Associate
Hi, I got my son a Stormforce Onyx AMD Ryzen 5 3400 for Christmas, all he wants to do is play Rust. After setting it up on Christmas day we found that the graphics card that is integrated isn't good enough to play rust on and now I need to buy a graphics card to install. I know absolutely nothing about computers and have no clue where to start. Someone please help me. Thanks

Soldato
Would £250 be enough??

Something like a Radeon RX 5500 XT would play Rust and lots of other titles well enough, and would fit well within your budget.You could buy second hand and get a wider choice of cards for less but it’s a more risky proposition. You have no guarantee over warranty, and unless you know what you are looking for specifically, it’s probably best avoided.

Soldato
I’m afraid we can’t mention competitors on this website. If you Google the card I mentioned you should be able to locate one in stock elsewhere (I don’t believe overclockers have any currently).

The motherboard will take it just fine (that’s the large bird all the components a lot in to). My only concern is the power supply. If you take the side off can you see what details are on the power supply? It’s the unit the power lead plugs in to. It should have a rating in watts, and a brand name.

Associate
OP
Ok I'm struggling to post a pic but
On +12v1 and +12v2 the power is 456w max
The make is a FSP Group INC and the model number is
FSP500-60AHBC
Would the Radeon RX 5500 XT 4gb for £170 be good enough to play Rust on or should I get a better one. Thanks everyone

Last edited by a moderator:
Associate
Ok I'm struggling to post a pic but
On +12v1 and +12v2 the power is 456w max
The make is a FSP Group INC and the model number is
FSP500-60AHBC
Would the Radeon RX 5500 XT 4gb in for £170 be good enough to play Rust on or should I get a better one. Thanks everyone

Upload image to imgur, resize to 1280 or resize to 1280 before upload.

Copy the BBCode (message boards & forums) from imgur and post it here.

If it really says 456W on the 12V rail then it will be able to power the 5500 XT or the 5600 XT.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom