The anime thread sequel (it's still not as good as the Manga though),

Commissario
OP
I had what I assume is "Is it wrong..." season 2 arrive this morning, along with the biggest part (literally) of my ATA sale purchases after a few days of it being stuck with fed-ex.
I'm sort of wondering if I may have made a mistake ordering it, as it's much bigger than I'd expected*, and I'm short on room :p (I'll try and post a picture tomorrow).

*It's the biggest anime set I've ordered in size, by some margin.

Soldato
I had what I assume is "Is it wrong..." season 2 arrive this morning, along with the biggest part (literally) of my ATA sale purchases after a few days of it being stuck with fed-ex.
I'm sort of wondering if I may have made a mistake ordering it, as it's much bigger than I'd expected*, and I'm short on room :p (I'll try and post a picture tomorrow).

*It's the biggest anime set I've ordered in size, by some margin.

How big are we talking? I'd like to see it :)

Commissario
OP
Apologies for the quality of the pictures, they were taken in a hurry.
My ATA sale/Xmas releases so far.
blu202012a.jpg

blu202012a.jpg

www.werewolvesforhire.co.uk/images/ocuk/random/blurays202012/blu202012a.jpg
The big set is in the box, under the 6 blu-rays...

Hopefully the pictures will show, but you may need to click the links (there is something going on with chrome not showing "insecure" images so I need to work out how to get a cert for my site at some point).

[edit]
Finally got round to looking into it, and adding an ssl cert to my website only took ten minutes so my pics work!

Last edited:
Commissario
OP
Yup, it's the Bebop UE that ATA did, I've been lusting after it since they announced they were doing it, but couldn't justify £300, at £130 with a 15% discount I could just about justify it as a christmas present to myself ;) (I was still just about within my Christmas sale anime budget).

Re the photo's I've pretty much always used my own hosting space as it means stuff is there until I remove it, I've seen so many image hosts either go under, change the urls or do things like remove the pictures after a change in how long they'll store them.
It's been playing up on here since chrome decided everything had to be https, and i'd been putting off sorting it out expecting it to be a faff, but my hosting service had a one button "get an ssl cert free" thing:)

Last edited:
Associate
Finished Akudama Drive just now... great show, that I had really no expectations of going into it, the animation in the last episode was really fantastic, kinda sad it's over, but I suppose that's how it always goes then more shows take over next season.

Soldato
Yup, it's the Bebop UE that ATA did, I've been lusting after it since they announced they were doing it, but couldn't justify £300, at £130 with a 15% discount I could just about justify it as a christmas present to myself ;) (I was still just about within my Christmas sale anime budget).

Re the photo's I've pretty much always used my own hosting space as it means stuff is there until I remove it, I've seen so many image hosts either go under, change the urls or do things like remove the pictures after a change in how long they'll store them.
It's been playing up on here since chrome decided everything had to be https, and i'd been putting off sorting it out expecting it to be a faff, but my hosting service had a one button "get an ssl cert free" thing:)

Yeah £300 is a lot, and it's not a really long show either (24 eps or so I think?). If it was a really long show then it would command a higher price.

Doesn't look easy to store though!

Finished Akudama Drive just now... great show, that I had really no expectations of going into it, the animation in the last episode was really fantastic, kinda sad it's over, but I suppose that's how it always goes then more shows take over next season.

Is that the Cyberpunk genre one? sounded interesting, if it's finished I may get around to trying it myself. Is it a complete story or are there more seasons to follow potentially?

Commissario
OP
It's "normal" length for the time, but as you say expensive, in part I suspect due to the rights:) (I remember wanting the original US DVD box, which sold out back in the early 2000's and didn't cost much less!).
One of the reasons I wanted it was the OST's, and another was the artbook :)

I suspect I'm going to use the space inside it for storing the various anime goodies I've got in another box.

Soldato
It's "normal" length for the time, but as you say expensive, in part I suspect due to the rights:) (I remember wanting the original US DVD box, which sold out back in the early 2000's and didn't cost much less!).
One of the reasons I wanted it was the OST's, and another was the artbook :)

I suspect I'm going to use the space inside it for storing the various anime goodies I've got in another box.

I think the limited production run was a big factor in the pricing, plus the extra costs of shipping and storage.

Most DVDs were expensive when it was originally released. Lets just say I paid more for my 6 individual release of the US DVD than you did for this. :)

That case is a nice size for a Laserdisc collection. :D

Commissario
OP
Aye I'm amazed at how cheap modern anime is.

IIRC the GITS UE cost less than I paid for the original DVD's :p

And you can't fool me into starting a laser disc collection....
Mainly as I don't know where to get a laser disc player from:p

Associate
Is that the Cyberpunk genre one? sounded interesting, if it's finished I may get around to trying it myself. Is it a complete story or are there more seasons to follow potentially?

Err, I'm not sure if I'd call it cyberpunk, but it is in a dystopian mildly-futurey setting... my guess would be no more of it, it felt like a completed story but I guess they could show later on stuff, it's very hard to say without giving any sort of spoiler so I'll refrain from trying to say how final it felt.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
Just thought I’d drop in to the thread to say I’ve been watching Food Wars. Finished the first 2 seasons on Netflix, going to watch the other 3 seasons on Crunchyroll. Really enjoying it, more than I thought I would. It’s only the 2nd food based anime I’ve watched, the first was Yakitate!! Japan many many years ago.

Also finished watching One punch man, what a laugh that was.

Commissario
OP
Food Wars is definitely fun, I need to get round to getting/watching seasons 3-5 at some point, as I bought 1&2 on a whim and thoroughly enjoyed them.

I think the only other food related one I've seen so far was Ben-To, although does Princess Nine count? it has a lot of scenes set in the noodle shop.

Associate
I presume food wars is Shokugeki no Soma, and that I thought was alright early on, but by the time it got to the penultimate season I just wanted it to be over, then that season ended with something that felt like it should be the end of the show and then I saw they were doing another season of it and so I just decided that I'm going to ignore it and pretend it doesn't exist, haha.

I watched an episode or 2 of Shin Chuka Ichiban, but wasn't into it at all, it had a very similar vibe to Shokugeki, and I only realised afterwards it was the continuation of something.

Isekai Shokudou wasn't bad but I think that's mainly because I like fantasy stuff, and I'd not much care if there was another season of it or not.

Soldato
Err, I'm not sure if I'd call it cyberpunk, but it is in a dystopian mildly-futurey setting... my guess would be no more of it, it felt like a completed story but I guess they could show later on stuff, it's very hard to say without giving any sort of spoiler so I'll refrain from trying to say how final it felt.

No worries I don't like spoilers as well so happy to go in pretty blind, just want to avoid shows that are just serving to advertise the manga or don't have a proper ending necessarily where I can!

Associate
I presume food wars is Shokugeki no Soma, and that I thought was alright early on, but by the time it got to the penultimate season I just wanted it to be over, then that season ended with something that felt like it should be the end of the show and then I saw they were doing another season of it and so I just decided that I'm going to ignore it and pretend it doesn't exist, haha.

I watched an episode or 2 of Shin Chuka Ichiban, but wasn't into it at all, it had a very similar vibe to Shokugeki, and I only realised afterwards it was the continuation of something.

Isekai Shokudou wasn't bad but I think that's mainly because I like fantasy stuff, and I'd not much care if there was another season of it or not.

ISEKAI IZAKAYA is another food anime abit like Isekai Shokudou but the episodes are 15 mins long plus it has a live action series as well.

Associate
started watching season 2 of "The Irregular at Magic High School" and I'm already on episode X. because funimation did season 2 there a chance that they might have rights to season 1 so fingers cross they release the first season on blu-ray in the uk.

Soldato
Cant sleep so updated my watched list and i realised i've watched some truely great shows..... and a lot of trash too :D
Kantai Collection (Kancolle)
Kancolle: The Film
Girls und Panzer (Completed Inc Film)
Fate Zero
Fate Stay night
God Eaters
Black Lagoon
GATE
Erased
Re:Zero Season 1 , Films and OVA and 1st half season 2
Canaan
Chuunibyou demo Koi ga (s)hitai
Konsuba Season 1+2 Inc Films/ oOVA
Netoge no Yome wa Onnanoko ja Nai to Omotta
Flying Witch
Fuuka
Yamada-kun and the Seven Witches
Masamune-Kun's Revenge
Ghost in the shell stand alone complex
Miss Kobayashis dragon maid
Saga of Tanya the evil
A certain magical Index
A certain magical Index 2
A certain magical Index 3
A certain scientific Railgun
A certain scientific Railgun 2
A certain scientific Railgun 3
Akashic Records of ******* Magical Instructor
Worldend: what do you do at the end of the world? Are you busy? Will you save us (aka Sukasuka)
Sword Art Online (up to date)
Steins Gate/ Steins gate Zero
Akame ga Kill
Angel Beats
No Game No Life
Fairy Tail
Plastic Memories
Your Lie in April
A silent Voice
Weathering with you
Durarara Season 1
Attack on titan season 1, 2 and 1st half season 3
Sound Euphonium
Rising of the Shield Hero
The promised Neverland
Mysteria Friends
Kaguya Sama : love is War Season 1 and 2
SSSS Gridman
Rascal does not dream of bunny girl senpai
Zombie land Saga
Shirobako
Golden Kamuy
The Ancient Magus bride
Recovery of an MMO Junkie
New game season 1+2
Hundred
The Helpful Fox Senko
Your Name
Fruits Basket season 1 and 2
Demon Slayer
To the abandoned Sacred beasts
Lord El -Melloi II's Case files (follows a grown upWaver from the fate series)
Clannad
Beastars
Bakemonogatari
Spice and Wolf Season 1 and 2
Kemono Michi - Rise Up
Vinland Saga
Gleipnir
Beyond the Boundary
Kakushigoto
BOFURI: I Don't Want to Get Hurt, so I'll Max Out My Defense.
Dororo
My Little Monster
DECA-DENCE
Uzaki-chan Wants to Hang Out!
Wotakoi: Love is Hard for Otaku
Wandering Witch: The Journey of Elaina
Violet Evergarden + Film and OVA
Kabaneri of the iron fortress
Burn the Witch
Tower of God
That Time i got reincarnated as a slime Season 1
Iwakakeru Sports climbing girls