Votes: 104 11.7%
  • Not interested

Votes: 230 26.0%
  • Both

Votes: 22 2.5%

• Total voters
Soldato
struggling to see what is awful about it...works well and is super quick now

I think the difficulty is in trying to create an efficient and aesthetically pleasing interface whilst dealing with a billion features on offer. That said, like other posters have said, many spend as little time looking at it as possible (I'm one of them), so I probably don't know all the tricks on how best to navigate it. Case in point, it takes me eight button presses to change the headset volume lol. Personally I'm not a fan of the basic squares with ms paint style icons in the middle.....but that's me, and everyone has their own take on good UI design. Personal preference and all that.

Maybe it's because I'm so used to the playstation and switch interfaces, so obviously it's going to take time to adjust.

I'm a big fan of the xbox and games in general though....so no, I won't be selling it just because the dashbaord is a bit crap ;) I mean it's not THAT bad.

Excuse the cables, I'm mid transition :D

fig1oes.jpg

Soldato
I don't understand the argument against the dashboard. You can set it how you want it and then you're good to go? I hardly had any games on the PS4 in comparison to my Xbox, but I could see how that UI style could quickly become messy unless you sat and categorised everything or moved stuff around. Something I don't need to do with Xbox. Once you know where it is, there's no issue and can be lazy with it too.

Soldato
I’ve had similar strange behaviour after updates, restarts etc. The X rarely restarts correctly for me, it usually dies and requires a main button hold to get it to fire up again. I always panic and think it’s borked.

I still have what feels broken behaviour when instant on is enabled, but on energy saving mode it is fine.

Soldato
Game pass is genius TBF from a lifelong PlayStation fan.

My kid has 30 games downloading on his Series S I'd have spent a fortune on games without it. Happy as a pig in muck.

Soldato
Question on External storage. I have Sea of Thieves installed on external USB SSD and the Series S seems to the running it from that external SSD instead of the internal? I though this couldn't happen with Optimised for X/S titles?

Soldato
Question on External storage. I have Sea of Thieves installed on external USB SSD and the Series S seems to the running it from that external SSD instead of the internal? I though this couldn't happen with Optimised for X/S titles?

Officially, Optimised games need to be installed on the internal storage. But a small few don't actually need to be. Alongside Sea of Thieves, there's MCC, We Happy Few, Vermintide II (and possibly more).

Man of Honour
Officially, Optimised games need to be installed on the internal storage. But a small few don't actually need to be. Alongside Sea of Thieves, there's MCC, We Happy Few, Vermintide II (and possibly more).

There is no options for games built using the GDK as they are forced to run from the internal/expansion drives.

Games built using the old XDK and just patched to use some of the power of the series consoles can run from any drive.

Associate
Been mentioned before I'm sure.. I was getting a bit annoyed with how washed out Cyberpunk 2077 was looking. Now that I've turned HDR off it's looks fantastic. Way to go devs:p

Man of Honour

It can for a few. Depends which optimisations they have. They warn you now before moving them.

Tetris Effect? I'm a big tetris fan, and loved Tetris 99 on the switch. I'm not sold on Tetris Effect yet unfortunately.

Yes, that’s the one I think, the game pass optimised version.

Soldato
good news, I expect most of you know this anyway but just incase some dont.

Attaching a usb cable, puts the controller in wired mode, it is not just for charging. So in effect you could use duracell batteries (or maybe none at all), and then just play wired if you sit close to the console, but the main reason I have connected it right now, is I am doing auto farming in tales of vesperia (leave running when asleep), and I tried it last night, woke up the controller is disconnected message with the game paused lol. Then I plugged in my phone charging cable (my only usb type a to usb type c cable, since one isnt supplied with console), and it is now in wired mode.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
I am considering selling mine. Played some D2 and Fenyx, but it just isn’t clicking for me. It’s a general issue I have with games, they just don’t hold my interest.

Good news is I can get back what I paid and sell as a bundle. Will mull it over.

Back
Top Bottom