Winter 2020/2021

Soldato
The forecast for snow tomorrow has all but gone now for here. 30% chance at 7am and that's it.
At least it's dryer weather this next week.

Man of Honour
Yesterday forecast for my drive home tonight was -1C and snow showers, now 1C and sleet. Still could be dicey if it gets close to freezing after all the rain we had last night and still around today.

Soldato
Got snowed on a little bit walking on the Moor today, and was glad I got some all season tyres as I drove home on a slightly slushy road passing a sports car in a ditch and a BMW spinning its big fat rear tyres trying to get up the hill (to no avail).

There are some videos of proper snowy roads this evening on a Facebook group called 'North Yorkshire Weather Updates'.

Soldato
So my son was due to play in a Christmas footy tournament today - really looking forward to it but then it snows so it’s cancelled :(:(
On the plus side - I get to try out 4 wheel drive electric power :)

50770230722_b1c3a78920_b.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
Have a bit more than that (North Staffs) 3-4 inches coverage this morning, more than double that where its blown. Looks really picturesque, it's clinging to the trees and walls, decent stuff for snowballing and snowmen. Not so much as a mention on the news. If it had been London 2-3 flakes and they'd have called in the army to man the snow ploughs. Not ideal if you have to journey to work.

Soldato
We must be the only ones here in north shropshire with no snow - well there was 1mm on the grass this morning but that's it.
We seem to miss all the bad weather here.

Yes it will be interesting to see how 4 wheel drive electric fares. Keep us posted

Soldato
Weathers been all over the place lately first hurricane force winds the other day and last night thunder lightning and hail.

Sleet/snow falling on to wet ground in east Southampton, might have a chance of sticking up around Old Winchester Hill and Butser Hill.

Bah it always happens wherever I'm not around and its just more bleddy rain here. Two days of dry weather xmas/xmas eve and that was it. I'm supposed to be heading out this afternoon.

Associate
GFS Ens mean showing cold out to January 11th. A couple of ensemble members in fantasy land going for -14c uppers whilst a few also go for HP and +5c uppers.

Overall a positive outlook into the new year and we haven't yet seen the how next weeks SSW (Sudden Stratospheric Warming) will shake things up.

Soldato
GFS Ens mean showing cold out to January 11th. A couple of ensemble members in fantasy land going for -14c uppers whilst a few also go for HP and +5c uppers.

Overall a positive outlook into the new year and we haven't yet seen the how next weeks SSW (Sudden Stratospheric Warming) will shake things up.
Yep, January is shaping up cold, the SSW could give us a very cold 2nd half.

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

Have a bit more than that (North Staffs) 3-4 inches coverage this morning, more than double that where its blown. Looks really picturesque, it's clinging to the trees and walls, decent stuff for snowballing and snowmen. Not so much as a mention on the news. If it had been London 2-3 flakes and they'd have called in the army to man the snow ploughs. Not ideal if you have to journey to work.

Eh?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-stoke-staffordshire-55465164

Back
Top Bottom