New ITX Case - SSUPD Meshilicious

Associate
What a brilliant case design. I hope its for sale here and not an import. The price is really good.
The web site states it come with a glass panel for right side, which is odd as its going to affect the GPU air flow. I imagine they can get after sales for the mesh panel, which should be the default option.

Associate
OP
What a brilliant case design. I hope its for sale here and not an import. The price is really good.
The web site states it come with a glass panel for right side, which is odd as its going to affect the GPU air flow. I imagine they can get after sales for the mesh panel, which should be the default option.

Won't the GPU be facing the mesh?

Also will the opposite side show ram etc for TG?

Associate
Just watched the vid, you beat me to the punch, looks really nice. The company already has various after market panels planned for the case

Associate
Won't the GPU be facing the mesh?

Also will the opposite side show ram etc for TG?
Yes the GPU should face the mesh (if you have that panel type), but they are listing on their site that it will come with a glass panel for GPU side, so they are making a similar mistake that NZXT made with the H1.
I image the other mesh panels will help with the glass side, but I hope they change their minds and go all mesh on the right.
On the other side, you will see the mobo through the mesh.

Associate
OP
I think it was because it is a vertical case, so he showed it against the H1 and Shift 2. The Ncase was included as this case was designed by the person who did the Ncase M1 and FormD T1 for context.

True but he did say it will be the mainstream itx case to beat in 2021.

Soldato
He did comment on the NR200 in thermal testing. SSU Mesh is significantly better for CPU thermals using a 280mm AIO, but worse for GPU.

Size wise, imagine an NR200 stood on its front panel. Now reduce depth by 3cm and width by 2cm. That's the Meshilicious. The size difference isn't anything crazy, really. Especially when you consider that the NR200 has way better CPU air cooler support.

It's the orientation that's the draw here; footprint is only 408cm² vs 696cm² for NR200. I've got a pretty small desk, so my attention has definitely been caught :p

Last edited:
Associate
Having to choose between optimising cpu or gpu temp depending on radiator fan orientation is a little annoying.

if the case was about an inch taller with a couple of exhaust fans in the roof you could probably have both cpu and gpu intaking fresh air.

case would be perfect then

Associate
OP
From Reddit

Main takeaways from the video:

• Hates the name
    • Ali calls it a collab between Lian Li and NCASE, but /u/NCASEdesign has confirmed they are not involved, so really it's a collab between Lian Li and /u/W360MOD, who is both the FormD creator and has worked with NCASE.
    • Ali calls it the "Mesh-i-licious" but the official name is "Mesh-licious"
    • He says all panels come as mesh but the official specs currently say the left panel is mesh and the right panel comes as tempered glass. (Confirmed by W360MOD on the forums, majority of people prefer glass on GPU side and it actually costs more to make the mesh panel)
    • Riser (included) is 3.0 and is bent 45 90 degrees in order to enable the mobo IO to be at the back, which is better than the evolv shift/H1
    • Display cables need to be 90 degrees to fit in the bottom. Comes with one HDMI 1.4 90 degree cable.
    • About 65mm of AIO space with a standard setup. Official FAQ says NZXT AIOs do not fit (fixed, they mistook 80mm width for 80mm height), but Ali has installed a Z63 just fine.
    • With a ATX PSU you have too long cables and no room for a large AIO. (Possible with bendy custom cables I guess)
    • SFX-L fits fine but some SFX cables may actually be too short
    • GPU height of ~140mm is with power connectors. GPU's as large or larger than a MSI Gaming X Trio will not fit
    • Does not recommend FE cards (but not tested), and no mention of being able to offset the riser itself to add space between the GPU and spine (like the T1 can)
    • Using a short (<215mm with front fans) or very short (<180mm with AIO) GPU mounted horizontally allows space for 2/4 3.5/2.5 drives at the bottom.
    • 4 Slot mode means CPU cooler height is limited to 52mm (No mention of PSU fit).
    • Suspects no room for a proper reservoir but suspects this barrow block will work well.
    • Best CPU thermals in his tested SFF cases by far (7C better than NR200 with 280mm AIO, at 4dB less when 1400RPM, or 5C better at 3dB less when fans at 1100RPM positive pressure)
    • Average GPU thermals comparable to M1
    • Good VRM thermals
    • No major cons (in his opinion)

Back
Top Bottom