LG 48CX OLED - 4K 120 Hz

Soldato
Just to add to this. My problem with HDR in windows is related I believe to me being stuck on 8bit colour depth in Radeon settings. There is no 10 bit 4:4:4: So if any help welcome.
Hard to say whats going on here, before my 6800 I was using a vega 56 with a hdmi cable I borrowed from my ps4 and had no problem enabling hdr in windows

Soldato
Just to add to this. My problem with HDR in windows is related I believe to me being stuck on 8bit colour depth in Radeon settings. There is no 10 bit 4:4:4: So if any help welcome.

You won't get it via HDMI 2.0 connection only the display port connection can do that but obviously the LG does not have one. You would need to upgrade to one of the newer HDMI 2.1 graphics cards.

Soldato
You won't get it via HDMI 2.0 connection only the display port connection can do that but obviously the LG does not have one. You would need to upgrade to one of the newer HDMI 2.1 graphics cards.

I just find it strange as Hdr worked fine in so much as I could toggle on and off in Windows settings using Samsung Q70R. I was at 1440p 120hz on that tv. Does anyone with an AMD card get to select 10 bit colour using the 55" CX.

some games still pop up HDR logo in top right corner though even though not switched on in Windows control panel. Forza horizon 4 is bugging me as it says no get display detected. Doom eternal has hdr on however. I will grab a new card when stock levels allow though. Just annoying and I'm convinced it's a setting in tv somehow and somewhere.

Soldato
I just find it strange as Hdr worked fine in so much as I could toggle on and off in Windows settings using Samsung Q70R. I was at 1440p 120hz on that tv. Does anyone with an AMD card get to select 10 bit colour using the 55" CX.

some games still pop up HDR logo in top right corner though even though not switched on in Windows control panel. Forza horizon 4 is bugging me as it says no get display detected. Doom eternal has hdr on however. I will grab a new card when stock levels allow though. Just annoying and I'm convinced it's a setting in tv somehow and somewhere.
Although this guy uses nvidia I pretty much copied his settings

https://youtu.be/1HKla9AVtJA

Soldato
So after much stress I uninstalled Radeons latest driver doing a DDU and tried one from way back in september. Now im pleased to say I have HDR enabled in windows @ 1440p 120hz. still only 8bpc with dithering but not 10 wich i suspect hdmi 2.0 is culprit. However I now have RGB 4:4:4: in both standard pc and studio. So yeah probably another AMD driver mess up.

Associate
I have the chance to pick up a 55 inch BX tonight for £850, still sealed. I realise it's a decent deal but what I was aiming for really was a 48 inch CX. The TV would mainly be for when I want to kick back with a controller on my pc, will be keeping my monitor for multiplayer and other m/k games that I play. If in my shoes what would you do? Any advice? Is it really worth me spending 650 more on the CX?

Man of Honour
I got my sons setup all built up and installed. I needn't have worried about the larger 49" screen size - it fits in perfect :)

50761837883_d114db55ed_b.jpg

50762680362_8c03387e90_b.jpg
That must singe his eyes off surely!

How deep do desks need to be to view this comfortably? A full metre?

edit - just went that close to my TV... owww! Much too much for me! I think children are better at dealing with that much in front of them though so I guess if it works for him....!

Soldato
Have to say im having an absolute mare with this tv and windows. Now as soon as instant game mode appears i get a black screen. only way to recover is hitting windows key. I have zero problems using Xbox Series X. Ive tried 2 cables, now im gonna try the cable from my xbox SX into pc as i know thats a decent cable. I will also try my other pc to see if its something to do with windows or other. I recently changed cpu and ram in this pc.

Soldato
Ok an update. I'm happy and relived also to say that I tested on my second pc and everything works perfectly. No issues, so it's something pc related. Tv is fine. So looks like a fresh install of Windows is on the cards again. What fun. Means 're installing gigs of games again. But I'll be happy to sort this out.

Associate
I have the chance to pick up a 55 inch BX tonight for £850, still sealed. I realise it's a decent deal but what I was aiming for really was a 48 inch CX. The TV would mainly be for when I want to kick back with a controller on my pc, will be keeping my monitor for multiplayer and other m/k games that I play. If in my shoes what would you do? Any advice? Is it really worth me spending 650 more on the CX?

Thats a great price, I hope you went for it

Permabanned
CX just updated to latest firmware 03.21.09 what did they fix?
first thing i notice is the picture went darker like i need to bump the Oled Light Settings

Soldato
CX just updated to latest firmware 03.21.09 what did they fix?
first thing i notice is the picture went darker like i need to bump the Oled Light Settings

Apparently it fixes the following issues.

Fixes: Raised blacks in HDR/Dolby Vision
Fixes: Raised blacks with VRR (unconfirmed)
Fixes: eARC related issues

Not available for me yet i just checked and nothing.

Back
Top Bottom