• Digital Only Version

Votes: 171 16.1%
  • UHD Optical Version

Votes: 660 62.3%
  • Unlikely to buy either

Votes: 228 21.5%

• Total voters
Soldato
Just had a strange thing happen in miles moralis and I can't correct it even with a restart.

It started when I did a fast travel and walked out of the subway.

Now the world around me is moving fine, but the Spiderman animation just feels like the framerate has dropped to sub 20fps and it's not moving right.

Started a new game and it's fine but loading up the other save and it's crap again.

Anyone else had this and know a fix? Don't fancy starting ask this from the beginning again

Soldato
I think it depended on the fan etc that was included with your PS4.

Mine was super duper loud, would ramp up even on graphically subpar games and would annoy the misses when she was watching tv in the same room. I read up about it and checked my fan which was supposedly the loudest one, bought the different version on amazon and installed and redid all the thermal paste and now it's whisper quiet.

Think the loud one was a delta fan, other one was something else but the difference in noise was night and day.
Quoting the wrong person I think.

Soldato
Not like this, I still think due to Covid and factories all over the world closing it's had a big knock on effect to production.
I'm not so sure. I remember checking stock informer for way into the new year trying to buy a PS4 after it released. From what Sony have said the demand for the PS5 is even higher than it was for the PS4 so it's the same old situation. Demand outstripping supply.

Soldato
I'm not so sure. I remember checking stock informer for way into the new year trying to buy a PS4 after it released. From what Sony have said the demand for the PS5 is even higher than it was for the PS4 so it's the same old situation. Demand outstripping supply.

Didn't realize that it was that bad with the PS4, had mine delivered day one and again with the PS4 Pro and didn't hear of the issues that we are having now.

PS5 is definitely more in demand, I cancelled my DE edition and have been unable to source the disc version since it was released. Thinking now I'll wait it out and hope a black version comes out next year that I can purchase to match my setup.

I still think COVID will have caused production issue and this time with more people wanting it the scalpers are snapping them all up which isn't helping either.

Associate
What is the price of a 3D Pulse Headset? I see so many that are being sold on Amazon by sellers (when they are available) but some are £130, is that the going price? Or should it be a lot less

Not been able to find a retail Pulse 3d for weeks now - worse than the console itself - at least that gets restocked now and again.

Associate
Not been able to find a retail Pulse 3d for weeks now - worse than the console itself - at least that gets restocked now and again.

The only way I was able to get one was by setting up post notifications on Twitter for my local GAME store. Phoned them up when they had two in stock and they were kind enough to put it aside for me.

It was more hassle to get a hold of a Pulse 3D and official docking station than it was the bloody console! :D

Associate
just an update for you guys :- ps5 replacement has been dispatched back to me today via DPD, im guessing from France. it says it will arrive within 5 days. but at the moment who knows :D very happy with the turn around so far.. its definitely a replacement as the serial no is different on the email..i just hope its been tested and tested and tested first before i get it :D

Soldato
just an update for you guys :- ps5 replacement has been dispatched back to me today via DPD, im guessing from France. it says it will arrive within 5 days. but at the moment who knows :D very happy with the turn around so far.. its definitely a replacement as the serial no is different on the email..i just hope its been tested and tested and tested first before i get it :D
That’s a really good turnaround. Good to know how quick and painless that was. Out of interest, did you have to provide them with proof of purchase etc, or was the serial number enough?

Soldato
I've basically come to terms with the fact that i'm going to wait several months until they're more available and I can get one without making it a massive pre-order mission. At least by then they'll be loads more games out and some of them will be discounted / readily available at decent prices second hand. I've got my ps4 pro with a hell of a lot of pretty much untouched games to keep me going as and when i feel the need!

Caporegime
I've basically come to terms with the fact that i'm going to wait several months until they're more available and I can get one without making it a massive pre-order mission. At least by then they'll be loads more games out and some of them will be discounted / readily available at decent prices second hand. I've got my ps4 pro with a hell of a lot of pretty much untouched games to keep me going as and when i feel the need!

I'm the same, not looking until August really. Having just got an Xbox at Christmas, that should make the time fly by.

Associate
That’s a really good turnaround. Good to know how quick and painless that was. Out of interest, did you have to provide them with proof of purchase etc, or was the serial number enough?
nope they never asked for proof of purchase which was surprising. i emailed them to ask if they needed it i could provide it but they never asked. just needed the exact serial no on the console. the B looks like an 8 near the begining but it is a B usually :)
and dpd still havnt collected the console yet :(

Soldato
nope they never asked for proof of purchase which was surprising. i emailed them to ask if they needed it i could provide it but they never asked. just needed the exact serial no on the console. the B looks like an 8 near the begining but it is a B usually :)
and dpd still havnt collected the console yet :(
That’s good to know! Thought maybe they’d only want a serial number, given that the console is newly released, but then some companies can be really awkward about proof of purchase.

Sorry to hear about DPD, hopefully the delay is short lived!

Associate
Keep checking youre local argos, i was checking most days then gave up. Then just before Christmas the missus was going to pick up some stuff and I checked and was a few in stock.

Soldato
Associate
Had first couple of lock ups today in Spider-Man. First one game just froze and went back to Home Screen, second console locked up completely and powered off.

Are there still issues with rest mode or have these been sorted now?

Back
Top Bottom