• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Some very strange Issues - 5600X

Soldato
Ok the GPU looks ok.

run memtest86 for ram and Aida64 system stability for CPU (need to leave it for a couple of hours). Watch out for CPU and MOSFET or VRM temps.

If all those passes then individual components are ok. And then last run would be to load 3D mark at the same time as CPU stress test like prime or Aida64 or occt. Basically this will load your computer up to its max thermal to see where the issue is. If that causes the problem it could you your PSU or something is not taking the heat in your pc out quick enough. So you can play around with fan settings first and check those temps. If that doesn’t help then PSU is the problem.

Soldato
That artifacting looks like gpu core issue. Vram result in stretched polygons or checkered patterns and lines across screen.
Id be really surprised if it was cpu issue.
Dunno if your bios has SAM feature if so try and disable it and then test again.

Soldato
I would still put the issue at GPU as above. If there is another card you can test the game with then it might help. Also try a different pcie slot.

Associate
OP
Couldn't Find SAM in my Bios. Did find resizable BAR support, im gonna test that now to see if its changed anything

I've Tested a Different 1060 and it still happened. Didn't try the 2nd PCIE slot though

Associate
OP
After installing an old Radeon I noticed that the issue went away, I also noticed that CSM was on (OR the Radeon turned it on). So I disabled this and it appears to have stopped the issue

So either CSM has always been on with this Motherboard or the Radeon Switched it on, Seems me turning it off has reset some UEFI pathways

Caporegime
try turning shader cache off and seeing it if still happens, then turn it back on. either way.
assuming that would clear the shader cache for the gpu.
it'a setting in the nvda panel somewhere

Associate
OP
try turning shader cache off and seeing it if still happens, then turn it back on. either way.
assuming that would clear the shader cache for the gpu.
it'a setting in the nvda panel somewhere
Its been fixed, it was a CPU issue, Super edge case it seems as it was fine during stress testing and most other games.

Back
Top Bottom