• Series S

Votes: 104 11.8%
  • Not interested

Votes: 230 26.0%
  • Both

Votes: 22 2.5%

• Total voters
Soldato
Campaign looks amazing, but like every Gears game that's gone before it's looks over any substance and never stacks up against any similar games when released. It's a terrible terrible game unless you just want to show off graphics to your mates.

I played it through to completion last week and I really enjoyed it, it perhaps got a touch stale in the middle around the skif in the snow, but other than that I thought it was good?

Associate
How does series s handles gears of war. Only game I’m interested in on Xbox

Playing this on my Series S atm (about 4 hours in) and it runs very well. Have read that it's 1080p 60 fps in the campaign and 120 fps online (but haven't tried this yet). It generally feels really smooth, but you can feel it dropping down some frames in certain areas (very minor). It's also very pleasing on the eye IMO.

Having never played a Gears game before, I'm enjoying it so far. The pacing is good with some nice cutscenes breaking up the gunfights, and I'm even interested in the story :D. Found the controls a bit tricky at times, but I'm getting used to them.

I'm loving this little Series S though! It's such a slick looking bit of tech and seems to have the power for ~1080p 60fps if the developers optimise, which is excellent for the price. It's also nice and quiet (so far) compared to how loud my Pro gets in some games :D. I think that I prefer the feel of the new controller to that of the One too.

Soldato
Question: how many of you bought your XSX consoles from eBay at £600-£700 or more?

I wonder how long this stupid scalping is going to go on.

All the stock is instantly bought up by the scalpers, even when using multiple Discord alerts, etc. In the time it takes to click the link bots have already bought everything.

So I'm guessing most people here bought from eBay resellers..

I think all of the discord announcements are delayed, I expect paid services get exclusive minutes to get orders in.

Soldato
Hopefully the scalpers get left with loads of stock they cant shift, I thought they were passing a law that bots cant be used.

any law needs to be on the retailers not the buyers, otherwise retailers will just say "not my problem boss". It is clear retailers can do a "lot" more but just dont seem motivated, I seen one uk retailer do invite only for ps5 consoles, and not any other retailer has took initiative instead just happy to use random drop systems which the scalpers are thriving on.

Soldato
I think the retailers and the manufacturers love the resellers.

Why? Because it invalidates the warranty.

Neither the retailer not the manufacturer has to care if any of these resold units breaks, even within the first month or the first week or the first day.

And as the resellers are not businesses, they don't have to care either.

In short, the buyer (from the reseller) waives all their rights and accepts all the risk.

This is a retailers and manufacturer's dream, no?

it gets retailers off the hook, not so much the manufacturer, one could e.g. buy it unopened of ebay, then register it on the manufacturer website and have manufacturer warranty.

Caporegime
OP
I'm loving this little Series S though! It's such a slick looking bit of tech and seems to have the power for ~1080p 60fps if the developers optimise, which is excellent for the price. It's also nice and quiet (so far) compared to how loud my Pro gets in some games :D. I think that I prefer the feel of the new controller to that of the One too.

As a 4K whore, I thought I'd be peed off at playing 1080p or below on my Series S but I'm actually loving it. Even if the games are the formerly-janky Xbone S versions, they perform really well with the extra grunt on the new console. The loading times are fantastic and the new controller is the best I've ever used. Very pleased.

Caporegime
Anyone else got an email from Amazon asking to provide a password on delivery to the driver? (password being given by email tomorrow ).

delivery address and name is diff to the main account address so it’s prob that

Caporegime
As a 4K whore, I thought I'd be peed off at playing 1080p or below on my Series S but I'm actually loving it. Even if the games are the formerly-janky Xbone S versions, they perform really well with the extra grunt on the new console. The loading times are fantastic and the new controller is the best I've ever used. Very pleased.
Is there much extra grunt over the Xbone on the GPU side? CPU side, sure. I thought the GPU in the S was about equal with the Xbone?

Caporegime
Series S is about the same GPU power as a Xbox one X. Xbox one is no where near
Sorry that's what I meant. Keep forgetting there was another Xbone before the XBX.

MS really do love the letter X, don't they. Looking forwards to the Xbox Xeries XXXXXXX when they refresh this gen.

Soldato
Anyone else got an email from Amazon asking to provide a password on delivery to the driver? (password being given by email tomorrow ).

delivery address and name is diff to the main account address so it’s prob that

I got the same, coming tomorrow hopefully. I’ve never had it before, might be a new thing?

Back
Top Bottom