NR200 Owner's Thread

Associate
What are your temps when you're web browsing only and then load? Is the fan noise audible?
Motherboard and CPU both low 30s when browsing, no noticeable fan noise. Under load (Playing Control at 4k with ray tracing) temp is hitting mid 70s on the GPU and about 60ish on the cpu.

Note that I don't have any bottom fan (GPU too big and a single fan on top (stock fan won't fit with the Mugen 5). If you're concerned about temp, get a low profile cpu cooler and use the panel +side intake

Soldato
OP
Well, with this post the NR200 thread is now the longest case thread on this forum, finally overtaking the immortal Akasa Eclipse 62 thread, which has been running for 14 years!

Only two threads left to beat; "Desk and Room Gallery" (2,553 posts), which will likely fall some time in January, and "Show Us the Inside of your Case" (4,037 posts), which might take another 6 months. Amazing, given this thread is only 6 and a half months old. Been interesting seeing all the new members, many from around the globe, signing up here to discuss the NR200.

Last edited:
Associate
Hi All, could I get some advice on fan curves to setup in the Bios of the ASUS B550I Rog.
I'm using a Noctua U12A for cpu cooling and a 4 x Noctua NF-F12's as case fans. 2 top-mounted
and 2 bottom-mounted. Ideally, I want the pc to operate quietly unless under heavy load.

Thanks

Associate
Hi All, could I get some advice on fan curves to setup in the Bios of the ASUS B550I Rog.
I'm using a Noctua U12A for cpu cooling and a 4 x Noctua NF-F12's as case fans. 2 top-mounted
and 2 bottom-mounted. Ideally, I want the pc to operate quietly unless under heavy load.

Thanks

I have mine set at 40% PWM pretty much the whole way until 55 degrees, ramping up to 50% at 65 degrees then 60% at 80 degrees. Does the trick for me.

Associate
Thanks, is that just the case fans?

Case and CPU fans. The bottom case fans are slim, so I actually keep them on 40% for longer and max at 50% to keep the noise down.

Anyone swapped out the stock fans for the low profile Noctua nf-a12x15?
https://www.overclockers.co.uk/nf-a12x15-pwm-chromax-black-swap-fan-120mm-fg-07j-nc.html

I am using slim chromax fans on the bottom of the case. They do what they need to do, but you want to keep the RPM below 1000 if you want silent performance.

Associate
Is it easy to put the LCD on after a complete build, or do you have to do it when building from scratch?
Its easy enough to do it afterwards if you're just going to zip tie the screen on the shroud, but you probably get better result if you include the cables as part of your initial cable management. I ran a USB A-micro cable from the back of the case, along the top with the power cable extension towards the PSU shroud, and did the same with a HDMI cable from the bottom under the graphics card. Both cables are the flat variety that made them easier to bend. Also my LCD screen has the USB and HDMI on the right hand side, on retrospect it's probably easier to get one with the connection on the top or bottom instead.

Associate
Case and CPU fans. The bottom case fans are slim, so I actually keep them on 40% for longer and max at 50% to keep the noise down.

I am using slim chromax fans on the bottom of the case. They do what they need to do, but you want to keep the RPM below 1000 if you want silent performance.
Thanks! Might install two fans on the top to improve airflow

Associate
Have managed to snag a white rtx3070 whilst waiting to try and find a 3060ti, must be a sign. Though had ordered a like new 5500xt and 1660 super already as stop gaps so I might have a gpu addiction now. So now I need to try selling those. The case arrived yesterday but haven't taken it out yet hopefully the 3070 get here before the weekend.

Associate
Motherboard and CPU both low 30s when browsing, no noticeable fan noise. Under load (Playing Control at 4k with ray tracing) temp is hitting mid 70s on the GPU and about 60ish on the cpu.

Note that I don't have any bottom fan (GPU too big and a single fan on top (stock fan won't fit with the Mugen 5). If you're concerned about temp, get a low profile cpu cooler and use the panel +side intake

@benparker running a 5900x and Cryorig h7 here with TG panel. Idle temps in the high 30s. If you are running epic game launcher in the background that makes it run like 10-15°c warmer. Mine used to idle at high 40s/low 50s. Then saw an article about Epic Game launcher making AMD ryzen chips run warmer.

While playing Control 5900x didnt break 70. But while playing CP2077 it is usually around 72-74.

Back
Top Bottom