Greenlizard0 PL & Championship Football Thread ** spoilers ** [28th - 30th Dec 2020]

Soldato
As it wasn't a head injury the ref isn't required to blow up and you shouldn't just play the ball out if an opponent is down as so many play act, but not sure what you mean by Frank 'The Code' Lampard, has he done something previously that I've missed?

I don't blame Villa for not putting the ball out why should they, I blame the ref as I believe Grealish fouled Christenson but they 100% shouldn't be playing the ball out unless it was clear he was in some real problems which he wasn't.

I'm neither a Villa or Chelsea fan but the blame for that goal rests entirely with Christensen. It doesn't matter what Grealish did or didn't do, you play to the whistle and it's clear as day the ref felt he had committed the foul and was giving Villa the advantage. Yet he decides to roll around on the floor in either an attempt to sway the decision in his favour or to get Villa to put the ball out.

He wasn't injured at all and how could he be? Grealish made the slightest of contact to draw the foul, nobody went in over the ball studs up and he didn't land awkwardly. He should have got up and back into position.

Associate
Both player left a leg in to cheat the ref and get a free kick. Then one of them doubles down the feign of injury and the other gets up and contributes to the goal. Seems to me like the diving scourge is coming to its logical conclusion where players now don’t believe others who are staying down and you continue playing to the whistle.

Soldato
Looks like Fabinho and Rhys Williams at centre back for Liverpool, who've conceded to WBA, Fulham and Midtjyland so far this month, I feel confident enough that not only they won’t concede against Newcastle they will also allow fewer than 3 shots on goal

Caporegime
Plenty of time to learn his trade but we're not winning anything with Williams in defence this season. He's slower than Lovren and even worse positionally, at the moment. Doesn't make the same rash challenges but he can't hold the line and keeps leaving his position to win balls in midfield that aren't his.

Our attack should be enough to put Newcastle away and Southampton have got a few injuries but United on the counter will punish us if Williams plays. If Thiago's back and Matip hasn't recovered, I'd be looking to play Henderson at CB rather than Williams.

Last edited:
Soldato
Plenty of time to learn his trade but we're not winning anything with Williams in defence this season. He's slower than Lovren and even worse positionally, at the moment. Doesn't make the same rash challenges but he can't hold the line and keeps leaving his position to win balls in midfield that aren't his.

Our attack should be enough to put Newcastle away and Southampton have got a few injuries but United on the counter will punish us if Williams plays. If Thiago's back and Matip hasn't recovered, I'd be looking to play Henderson at CB rather than Williams.
Half a team should be enough to put Newcastle away TBH

Soldato

Id play Hendo there personally with AOC and Thiago back.

Back
Top Bottom