The Tesla Thread

Soldato
I heard you don't need service a model 3 , is this true?

What are running costs like, apart from tyres and MOT , what other costs are there?

Soldato
I heard you don't need service a model 3 , is this true?

What are running costs like, apart from tyres and MOT , what other costs are there?

There is no routine servicing schedule other than replacing the cabin pollen filter (which you can do yourself) and they recommend that you change the brake fluid at 2 years. Other than that it’s fix it if it breaks.

Soldato
I doubt it, they’ll all be under warranty for some time (4 years/50k) unless they’ve done very high miles.

The drivetrain has an 8 year/100k warranty.

The oldest Model 3 you’ll find is on a 19 plate.

Soldato
Just been on my first long trip in the etron and managed 145 miles with 32 miles of range left.

It was constant motorway....very boring.

Not bad considering it was cold and had the wipers on for the entire trip both ways.

Tried to use regen as much as I could on the return leg, forgot about it to begin with.

Man of Honour
Just been on my first long trip in the etron and managed 145 miles with 32 miles of range left.

Not bad considering it was cold and had the wipers on for the entire trip both ways.

Tried to use regen as much as I could on the return leg, forgot about it to begin with.

145 miles with 32 left? That’s it? On a motorway?

Soldato

Do you have a 50 or 55?

Soldato
Sorry if I’ve offended you. I was just shocked by the lack of range.

That is what happens when you shoehorn BEV technology into an ICE designed car, with no care for anything but selling to the luxury market, they are lovely places to sit it (totally silent), but you'd never buy one, only lease on the cheap.

Probably in the garage more regularly than an annual service then.

Yes, most people would park them in the garage if they have the choice. ;)

Soldato
Probably in the garage more regularly than an annual service then.

While they have a shocking reputation for new-build delivery fit and finish (paint is especially prone to issues on delivery), mechanically not much goes wrong with the Model 3 because there is very little to go wrong. The batteries, motor(s) and inverter(s) are bulletproof - I've never heard of one failing, the BMS and control software are very robust and the steering, brakes and suspension are sourced from the same people the German manufacturers source their components from. So good for 3-10 years depending on use.

Soldato
That is what happens when you shoehorn BEV technology into an ICE designed car, with no care for anything but selling to the luxury market, they are lovely places to sit it (totally silent), but you'd never buy one, only lease on the cheap.

Actually, the eTron platform is a ground-up EV. It's just not a very efficient EV. They purposely didn't make it aero because they wanted something that looked like a 'normal' Audi Qn model. And they used crappy battery technology, the BMS is out of the ark and the motors aren't the best.

Soldato
Actually the e-tron 50/55 are both MLB Evo platform heavily adapted to fit the BEV electronics, battery etc.

Not the same as a converted ICE platform though. There is no ICE or hybrid eTron. It’s not like an MG ZS, or a Kona or even an Ioniq. They didn’t take an existing car and retrofit anything. The entire eTron family are ground-up BEVs and only available as BEV vehicles.

Soldato
Not the same as a converted ICE platform though.

What? :confused::confused::confused:

It is the MLB platform, been in use since 2012 in almost all VW Group SUV style cars, the isn't MEB or PPE, it is MLB, and entirely ICE designed platform, with the BEV guts shoved it in, which it was never designed for, end of conversation. Ok?

Back
Top Bottom