GameMax F15M Gaming Case (Budget Cooler Master H500M)

Associate
I have now bought 6 of this case and haven't noticed any clicking noise yet

The remote control is very good indeed. The only downside is the fans are running all the time so not so energy efficient.

I prefer the mesh version for airflow
Wow! 6??? that eases my concerns quite a lot! :D

Thanks for the reply :)

Associate
I've noticed a few people mention the 200mm fans making a clicking noise, is this a fault or something that could be fixed with rubber fan mounts?

Probably getting the MSI X470 Gaming Plus Max board but it doesn't have compatible RGB headers, is just using the remote control sufficient enough? any downsides?

Finally is the mesh version the one to go for? only thing that concerns me is dust coming in but i understand there is a front filter provided?
One more query, on hard drive space, will 1x 2.5" and 2x 3.5" drives fit okay?

Thanks! :)

Associate
Spec I've just seen says it fits 5 x 2.5" drives or 4 3.5" drives so what you've said should fit no problem.

God, yeah - TONS of room

Thanks to you both, that's good to hear.

Now i have a problem, the other case i had my eye on has just been reduced to £60, the ThermalTake S300, not sure i can resist those big 200mm fans though!

Soldato
Thinking of getting this case and I got a quick question. Can the fan speed and RGB be controlled by the motherboard?

My mobo has rgb headers but I want to control both the fan speed and rgb from my mobo so I can set the fans to 0 spin at idle.

Soldato
I don't think it can but can't be 100%

Mikes unboxing does a decent review on youtube it will probably tell you on there.
Thinking of getting this case and I got a quick question. Can the fan speed and RGB be controlled by the motherboard?

My mobo has rgb headers but I want to control both the fan speed and rgb from my mobo so I can set the fans to 0 spin at idle.

Soldato
Does anyone know which model the included 120mm fan is? I'm looking to get a matching one for the CPU cooler, but I see Gamemax do more than one version. Thanks.

Soldato
Grabbed one of these and set up a build in it today. Very surprised tbh. Nice case, lots of space. Especially at the top.

Only thing I wish it had was rubber grommets for the holes on the mobo tray.

I Installed some game max velocity argb fans on the roof too and a light strip, all fitted into the included fan controller. Works perfect.

My son uses a P400A dgrb so wanted to try something different. Tried to get a lancool mesh 2 or lancool 215 but wow no stock what so ever.

Looks good with the leds on

Soldato
Grabbed one of these and set up a build in it today. Very surprised tbh. Nice case, lots of space. Especially at the top.

Only thing I wish it had was rubber grommets for the holes on the mobo tray.

I Installed some game max velocity argb fans on the roof too and a light strip, all fitted into the included fan controller. Works perfect.

My son uses a P400A dgrb so wanted to try something different. Tried to get a lancool mesh 2 or lancool 215 but wow no stock what so ever.

Looks good with the leds on

Which light strip did you go for? My son has an old one in his current case, but I'm not sure if it will work on the new case and controller. Thanks

I also bought a GameMax Razor Extreme Dual-Ring ARGB 120mm Fan to replace the plain black one in his CPU cooler.

Soldato
Which light strip did you go for? My son has an old one in his current case, but I'm not sure if it will work on the new case and controller. Thanks

I also bought a GameMax Razor Extreme Dual-Ring ARGB 120mm Fan to replace the plain black one in his CPU cooler.

Search for GameMax ARGB 3 In 1 Kit. I used the fans from this and the strip. Plug and play into the fan hub on the case.

The hub and the remote in the kit is essentially spare.

Soldato
Do like this case for the money. I got mine early November for £64. Few niggles with some things
but c'mon the price and all, I'll let the issues slide.
Highly recommended although the fans running on the included hub are not silent because it'll only has 2 fan speeds from it.

Last edited:

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
OP
Do like this case for the money. I got mine early November for £64. Few niggles with some things
but c'mon the price and and all I'll let that slide.
Highly recommended although the fans running on the included hub are not silent because it'll only has 2 fan speeds from it.
Pretty much my thoughts also. Not the best fans in terms of acoustics, but otherwise for the money it really is a great case.

Associate
Hi, just ordered this case, quick question, I've seen mentions of vertical GPU mount, but can't see how this works from the photos of the case, do I need to buy a separate mounting kit or does it come with one?

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
OP
Hi, just ordered this case, quick question, I've seen mentions of vertical GPU mount, but can't see how this works from the photos of the case, do I need to buy a separate mounting kit or does it come with one?
Not used mine. But all you will need is the riser cable.

Associate
Not used mine. But all you will need is the riser cable.
Thanks, delivered today and see what you mean, I really like the case for the price. One additional question, is the dust filter inside the case a spare or does it need to be fitted somewhere, there are no instructions included and the website online ones don't mention the filters at all, appreciate any help.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
OP
Thanks, delivered today and see what you mean, I really like the case for the price. One additional question, is the dust filter inside the case a spare or does it need to be fitted somewhere, there are no instructions included and the website online ones don't mention the filters at all, appreciate any help.
Fitted I think. One is for the top and one for front.

If a tiny one, not sure but maybe bottom for psu? Forgot already.

Associate
Thanks, there are filters already fitted on top and under PSU so I guess I'll have to pull the front off and try fitting there, thanks for the heads up

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
OP
Thanks, there are filters already fitted on top and under PSU so I guess I'll have to pull the front off and try fitting there, thanks for the heads up
No worries. Enjoy your new case :)

I actually did not install mine I think. Better airflow then and as my office is not that dusty it has help up well.

Back
Top Bottom