NFL 2020 Season

Soldato
you were saying ? :mad::mad:

just have no words for that rams performance, goff was shocking yet again, but there was no one on the team that earned their pay

Looks like we’ll have Sam Darnold for a while longer. Can’t blame him for the way the team have been playing this season though, much bigger problems than just one player.

Soldato
Another impressive performance from the Steelers :rolleyes: Feel like I am done with this team. Sick of hearing the same excuses week after week.

seen a few comments about the offence which shows the struggles, also wondering about the play calling as they listed some stats for the wide receivers (targets/catches/drops) and they make no sense.

is ben carrying an injury ?

Soldato
seen a few comments about the offence which shows the struggles, also wondering about the play calling as they listed some stats for the wide receivers (targets/catches/drops) and they make no sense.

is ben carrying an injury ?

The play calling is pretty bad for the most part, but the blame is on the players as they are just not performing at a high enough level. We lead the league in dropped passes :o

I seem to remember seeing a Knee injury listed against Ben a couple of weeks ago, although the report said 'DNP' Not injury related/Knee. He has definitely been missing a lot of passes either by under throwing or over throwing. The last play against the Bengals was a good example of a poorly executed throw. The ball sailed way over the receivers head.

The way they are playing they will lose the last two games, and go out in the 1st playoff game. We won't get the no1 seed anyway, so if it was me I would sit Ben out for the last two weeks of the regular season. Gives him a chance to rest up if he is carrying an injury.

Soldato
Won my fantasy superbowl :D

On another note so glad to see Haskins flaming out after his sneering draft performance about DJ being picked ahead of him. Don't get me wrong Jones isn't a quality starter but Haskins is a straight up bum.

Rather disappointed with Bengals winning :p we won't get Sewell now, can see Dolphins (I think is) with the Texans pick taking him which is really disappointing with how bad our line is.

Associate
I personally think the more likely scenario is the Bears lose out.

Our record against the Packers since 2010 is something like 4 wins out of 22 games. Tbh if you go back to the 90's it isn't great either. So I think as they want that no.1 seed they should beat us. That should help the Rams and Cards.

Part of the reason the Bears are on a 3 game winning streak and the so called offense doesn't look garbage is because we've played 3 terrible defenses (and Detroit before).

Associate
Interesting weekend, lots of big scores. Great finish to the Titans/Texans game.

Unfortunately a bit of a downer with the pre-game news that Ryan Pace's 1-year 'silent' extension was likely true (runs until 2022 then). Once reporters like Rapoport started reporting Nagy was returning for 2021 it feels like confirmation. Bears thoroughly outclassed.

I feel like we'll be running through the motions on Pace/Nagy next year.

Soldato
Pretty sure I've aged about 10 years today, what with Everton scraping a win and the Bills only just holding on! A fairly dubious decision at the end by the refs as well, no idea how it wasn't given as a fumble..

Last edited:
Soldato
Thought old man Rivers was going to do it for the Colts at the death. Josh Allen didn’t exactly finish the game strongly, but Rivers really laboured over the final drive. That was definitely a fumble. Not sure what took the officials so long to come to the wrong conclusion?! Congrats to the Bills though!

Soldato
I was working until 9pm last night, so watch the Bills Colts on catch up, skipping ads. It was a good game I thought. Went to bed around 11:30 and up around 6am and just watched Buccs WFT.

The result was about what I thought it would be and respectable enough. I thought our D might keep us within a score, but that's where it would end. I was quite impressed by Heinicke though. I would assume we will still draft a new QB, but with Smith and Heinicke on the books, the offence might have half a chance next year. Interesting I think the stat was WFT are 5-1 with Smith as the starter this year...

I heard the result of the Seahawks Rams, did I miss anything particular?

Soldato
Wow, last night seemed to be the night of the imploding team. Chicago just kept giving the Saints first downs on penalties, and of course that dropped TD...

Then the Steelers... wow... Kind of impressive they managed to be that bad!

The Ravens and Titans was a good game. I think I rather liked they got to dance on the Titans midfield logo... I don't mind teams/players being cocky (I used to be) but you need to either back it up, or accept the cockiness coming back at you!

As you would expect, they all could be good games next weekend. Lets hope COVID doesn't ruin any. I think the only upset I could see might be the Buccs winning though.

Soldato
After the Bills defence looking shaky last week, they've upped their game this week! I was just getting a bit nervous and Johnson ran a 101 yard TD from an interception to take the pressure off. :D

Soldato
Johnson ran a 101 yard TD from an interception to take the pressure off. :D

bit that got me about that was jackson giving up on the chase back, players with johnson didn't even have to offer up anything to stop him.

packers deserved what they got, mcvay got out coached in another big game then sounded like a spoilt child with his comments about it being a shame donald wasn't 100%, wasn't his fault the big plays got through.

Back
Top Bottom