Poll: Poll : Are you waiting to buy Cyberpunk 2077?

Will you be waiting until it’s semi fixed?

• 1. Yes

Votes: 92 47.9%
  • 2. No

Votes: 59 30.7%
  • 3. Not buying it!

Votes: 41 21.4%

• Total voters
Caporegime
No, I’m playing it and enjoying it. I don’t know if I’ve been lucky but apart from the odd graphical glitch it runs smoothly.
This.

78 hours and it's easily the the best game I have played in the last couple of years of what has been a **** show for gaming!

- performance could be better
- only bugs I have encountered has been some floating objects, subtitles coming on even though they are disabled
- levelling seems a bit out of touch i.e. either severely under powered or now way too OP
- HDR broke
- NPCs AI could be better

+ not had any crashes
+ Stunning graphics (even if the default effects have been downgraded a ton to make RTX look better than what it really is but I digress....)
+ Stunning open world/city design, if a fan of blade runner, fifth element or/and dredd, this is the first game to really give that atmosphere/world in a game
+ no pointless waffling with every single NPC you encounter every 15 minutes for 30 minutes..... *cough* witcher 3 *cough*
+ great likeable characters
+ great story on the whole except the ending and the side quests are very good too
+ loads to do

Will replay a different life path once it has been patched and HDR is fixed.

Soldato
Voted not buying it, it looks very mediocre to me, I knew it would be totally over-hyped so I never took a minute's interest in its development, and lo and behold, it's buggy, nothing ground-breaking in its execution and has had a lot of features cut, and the AI is laughable. It does looks great though.

All that said, when it's patched, finished and a tenner i'll probably give it a whirl.

Caporegime
Voted not buying it, it looks very mediocre to me, I knew it would be totally over-hyped so I never took a minute's interest in its development, and lo and behold, it's buggy, nothing ground-breaking in its execution and has had a lot of features cut, and the AI is laughable. It does looks great though.

All that said, when it's patched, finished and a tenner i'll probably give it a whirl.

This, probably get a new gpu at the end of next year. So I'll wait till then, got more than enough to get through.

Soldato
This, probably get a new gpu at the end of next year. So I'll wait till then, got more than enough to get through.

Tbh it's not just CP77, this my approach to every game these days, i'll take the completed and patched version for 80% off thanks. Yep tons to play through, I really want Horizon ZD, but not until they're practically giving it away.

Soldato
No, I’m playing it and enjoying it. I don’t know if I’ve been lucky but apart from the odd graphical glitch it runs smoothly.
This. It's got it's flaws and could be better in many areas, but it still has me hooked. Suspect that like with Skyrim (only other RPG I've sunk lots of time into) I'll probably complete it then play it through again after the DLCs come out and mod support expands the game (assuming modding is going to be a proper thing here?)

Soldato
Absolutely waiting. The world is completely static, no matter how good it looks, and from what I played at a friend's the meaningful choices are far and in between, both of which are completely opposite of what was promised. Not to mention all the hilarious bugs I've seen that make early access titles look like gold-status games.
And it baffles me that people can defend this sort of pre-2000 AI and physics in 2020 because it's supposed to be an "RPG". Well, an RPG with very little choices and life paths that are a complete joke but whatever. It's not even an RPG, TBH.

I can see a good game in this once they iron out the bugs and the atmosphere is very good but I'm in no rush to play it. I'm currently replaying Human Revolution and Mankind Divided and I'm pretty sure I'm getting a deeper experience for dirt cheap. RDR2 kills this when it comes to actual believable world, AI, interactions and physics.
I will complete it once it drops in price but I can't see myself being blown away by the story either, there have been some brilliant storylines in gaming so far and some of my friends who completed CP say it's nothing special but the quests are mostly good.

Soldato
As much as I would like to not give CDPR any money I'll probably get it in a sale. I never expected it to be the great game some did tbh. It was always a shooter marketed as an RPG.

I expect I'll quite enjoy it. Nothing more.

Associate
I'll buy it when it's finished.

The main story is okay but it felt short, you can play through it in a couple of days, lots of it feels padded out ... the side quests are mostly rubbish, and the open world feels lifeless and fake.

Needs another year, it's basically a repeat of No Man's Sky... Hoping they put the time in to fix the mess they released.

Last edited:
Soldato
Yes.

But not because of the problems. I never intended to get the game this year, as it simply didn't excite me that much. It's something I want to play, eventually. But I wasn't ever in any rush.

Soldato
Looking forward to it when it’s fixed, if the most ardent fan can’t help but admit it’s buggy you know it’s ahem (very) buggy!

100% buy for me once the beta testing is complete.

Associate
Already bought. Me and the wife have put about 100 hours into it so got our monies worth.

having great fun.

not as buggy as the click bait would have you believe.

Soldato
Yes, I was really tempted to buy/pre-order until I saw I basically wouldn't be able to play it... GTX1070 + 1440p = nope :p

I've tried to read up a fair bit whilst avoiding spoilers and not sure I'm missing out as such. No idea when I'll be able to upgrade, and even then I may not bother buying it immediately, feels like waiting not just for all the bugs to be fixed but the inevitable DLC/GOTY edition.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
+1

Now approaching 70 hours played. Sure had some bugs, but easy to overlook when having so much fun. Looking forward to the expansion.

Back
Top Bottom