• Series S

Votes: 104 11.7%
  • Not interested

Votes: 230 26.0%
  • Both

Votes: 22 2.5%

• Total voters
Soldato
My PS3 pad still charges and works fine... although it's been barely used i admit. All my PS4 pads fine. Just seems a money making trick to get me to buy a play and charge kit

ljt

ljt

Soldato
My PS3 pad still charges and works fine... although it's been barely used i admit. All my PS4 pads fine. Just seems a money making trick to get me to buy a play and charge kit

Nah, I much prefer the way M/S do it, my PS4 pad hardly holds charge any more, just get some eneloops and your away, you don't have to buy a play and charge kit

Soldato
Wii U controller (the controller not the horrid tablet thing) got it right. Must get 6 months out of that minimum. But just googled will invest in some eneloops

Soldato
Well I should give my first thoughts...

Size of series s is amazing fits under my TV where the NUC used to sit.. Lack of any true launch gamees obviosuly a slight dissapointment but does seem a next gen experience. Had an old copy of Gears of War 2 in my digital library and quick resume is just amazing. Mainly got for game pass and at some point when stock improves sure a series x will fit in somewhere (currently have a PS4 pro downstairs and a PS4 OG in bedroom; I can soon see this being replaced by series s and series x)

Soldato
I took auto grinding too far, I did autogrind last night, played game some more without rebooting console, then did same today, got tied up in some other stuff so was left for circa 20 hours, and when I checked console it was on dashboard so game must have crashed. The game was restarted before the 2nd autogrind, but it seems a console reboot every day or so is good to be on the safe side.

Caporegime
Because if the battery inside is none serviceable, and ends up becoming knackered you don't have to bin the controller.

You can now get some high capacity rechargeables and never have to worry about throwing a working pad away again just because the battery is shot
Exactly and it’s one thing that worries me about my elite controller ver2. It has a built in battery, so far it’s been excellent but at some point it will lose its charge then I’ll have to shell out for another one.
But so far I get around 3 days average game time and I game for 3-4 hrs a night usually.

Man of Honour
Because if the battery inside is none serviceable, and ends up becoming knackered you don't have to bin the controller.

You can now get some high capacity rechargeables and never have to worry about throwing a working pad away again just because the battery is shot

I swear I never charge my eneloops, they last for ages. I always have two ready to go. It’s a great approach - if someone wants an internal solution buy a charge kit.

ljt

ljt

Soldato
Exactly and it’s one thing that worries me about my elite controller ver2. It has a built in battery, so far it’s been excellent but at some point it will lose its charge then I’ll have to shell out for another one.
But so far I get around 3 days average game time and I game for 3-4 hrs a night usually.

Oh wow I didn't know the elite controllers were using built in batteries! Think I'll stick to the standard pad, I'm not pro enough to require the extra features of the elite series!

Soldato

I have probably spent 2/3 the cost of a new (xbox) controller on batteries and charger combined.

I think they should have included a usb cable at least if they dont want the manufacturing expense of built in battery.

Caporegime
Arrived tonight at 8:30. Seems the driver was just delivering xboxes.

Not expecting much over my Xbox one X yet but YOLO. Left it downloading games etc now. Thought about trying to get £600 for it but then figured it wasn’t worth the faff.

Didnt unwrap the controller as I have an elite v2 and going to shift that on

Caporegime
Oh wow I didn't know the elite controllers were using built in batteries! Think I'll stick to the standard pad, I'm not pro enough to require the extra features of the elite series!
Only the most recent version does, the ver1 didn’t have a built in battery. But the ver2 has one, it’s not that bad actually and the case it comes with has a charging dock inside it so it gets charged when I put it there.
I’m no pro gamer lol so it’s nothing to do with being a pro gamer. It’s just much more nicer to have paddles to map certain functions to.

Man of Honour

The Elite 1 is like the normal controller, yet another thing that makes it far superior to the 2nd one.

Soldato
Replacement batteries will come out if they haven't already just like they have for the DS4.. Though the Elite controller will most probably die of mechanical failure long before the battery dies.

Man of Honour
Replacement batteries will come out if they haven't already just like they have for the DS4.. Though the Elite controller will most probably die of mechanical failure long before the battery dies.

It’s very hard to take the elite 2 controller apart without breaking it.

Associate
My Microsoft-supplied pad batteries finally died last night, prolly got 20 hours from them or so!

My bundle came with the Venom single dock charging unit, which handily is powered by a usb socket on the X and I rarely play for more than 2 or 3 hours at a time, as I'm able to then leave my page in the dock when not using it it's always charged!

Doubly handy is that it has a built-in usb plug to charge my wireless headset as well, so thats also always plugged in when not being used.

Caporegime
Is HDR diff on the Xbox series X vs a Xbox X as I’m struggling to get colours right now. I haven’t really changed anything as the monitor is in HDR400 so only brightness is adjustable. (Acer Vg271U running 1440p120). Maybe it’s diff colours at higher frequencies?

Man of Honour
Is HDR diff on the Xbox series X vs a Xbox X as I’m struggling to get colours right now. I haven’t really changed anything as the monitor is in HDR400 so only brightness is adjustable. (Acer Vg271U running 1440p120). Maybe it’s diff colours at higher frequencies?

Auto HDR is flawed for most games. If you only have HDR 400 I’d just turn off HDR for everything.

Back
Top Bottom