Iiyama GB3461WQSU-B1 - Flat 34" 1440 144HZ 1MS IPS Freesync for <£400

Caporegime
OP
Sounds like your monitor is faulty or not set up correctly as all the good reviewers rate it as being one of the best IPS monitors for gaming responsiveness.

If you want a more yellow image too (if the monitor OSD settings aren't meeting your requirements) you can always adjust the colour temperature through your GPU driver control panel.

Soldato
Having read through this thread, it seems the fault/return rate is crazy. How can the company make any money at all if a significant proportion have issues that need an RMA? Surely just one RMA cycle knocks out most/all of the profit.

Is it just that the 98% of happy customers don't post on forums like this?

For the money this looks good - but I really don't want the hassle of multiple returns.

I did pick this up in the end, an absolute bargain at £325. No significant black light bleed, one grey pixel in a bottom corner of no consequence. I've got no issues with the colour or lag - but I'm coming from an old 60Hz TN and it's far superior to that. It's a keeper.

Associate
Question for the owners, what's the response time like? I did a quick test with mine were I was dragging a window across the screen and trying to read the text in it. It looked no different than my current 75hz screen (couldn't read the text). Although the movement was noticeably smoother.

Caporegime
OP
Question for the owners, what's the response time like? I did a quick test with mine were I was dragging a window across the screen and trying to read the text in it. It looked no different than my current 75hz screen (couldn't read the text). Although the movement was noticeably smoother.

Make sure you have windows set to 144HZ and overdrive on +1 or +2.

Compared to my oled, motion clarity is ****, but that's to be expected.

Actually no, the input lag in this monitor is a known flaw: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qm4Pg73IIRw&t=205

Sounds like a flaw with the test setup/settings and potentially a problem with CS:GO or something with not using the default res.???

https://nl.hardware.info/artikel/99...e-prijsknaller-gaming-responstijd-en-inputlag

https://www.prad.de/testberichte/te...tiger-gaming-monitor-ueberzeugt/5/#Latenzzeit

Input lag is definitely not 20+ms when I'm gaming at 3440x1440 144hz DP (having compared it to other monitors and tvs running at 120hz etc.)

Associate
Sounds like a flaw with the test setup/settings and potentially a problem with CS:GO or something with not using the default res.???

https://nl.hardware.info/artikel/99...e-prijsknaller-gaming-responstijd-en-inputlag

https://www.prad.de/testberichte/te...tiger-gaming-monitor-ueberzeugt/5/#Latenzzeit

Input lag is definitely not 20+ms when I'm gaming at 3440x1440 144hz DP (having compared it to other monitors and tvs running at 120hz etc.)

I guess an early model could have been on that youtube test (my stand doesn't wobble like that one for sure), but I've seen it mentioned in other places.

Do those Dutch links have anything on color settings? :) I'm still not fully satisfied with mine. I got a decent .icm from another website but I can't say I notice any diferences.

Caporegime
OP
I guess an early model could have been on that youtube test (my stand doesn't wobble like that one for sure), but I've seen it mentioned in other places.

Do those Dutch links have anything on color settings? :) I'm still not fully satisfied with mine. I got a decent .icm from another website but I can't say I notice any diferences.
My one was one of the first, still have the half screen issue (but extremely rare for me). Sounds like it could just be down to the connection and config. which is causing the high input lag readings.

They do but both are slightly different settings. Personally I don't bother with .icm files as they always get reset or don't apply with some games. 13% brightness, 50% contrast and user colour preset is what I use.

Associate
Strange problem with mine. Randomly I see a flash of pixelated pixels about 2 inches in the middle of the screen. It appears very a split second and goes again. Real hard to explain but its really off putting in games and just a pain in the behind at desktop. Do you think its DP cable related? I have an open return for it - not purchased from OcUK.

Associate
Strange problem with mine. Randomly I see a flash of pixelated pixels about 2 inches in the middle of the screen. It appears very a split second and goes again. Real hard to explain but its really off putting in games and just a pain in the behind at desktop. Do you think its DP cable related? I have an open return for it - not purchased from OcUK.

Doesn't sound like a DP issue, but, as usual, I'd recommend having a VESA certified DP cable to eliminate that possibility

Associate
Doesn't sound like a DP issue, but, as usual, I'd recommend having a VESA certified DP cable to eliminate that possibility

Well. I just changed it to a spar, cheapo I had and the funkyness has gone away. I've ordered a kabelDirekt do 1.4 cable that should be with me tomorrow.

Strange I know but I lucked in with all other aspects with this screen so if a 20 quid cable solves the problem then I'm a happy bunny

Associate
Well. I just changed it to a spar, cheapo I had and the funkyness has gone away. I've ordered a kabelDirekt do 1.4 cable that should be with me tomorrow.

Strange I know but I lucked in with all other aspects with this screen so if a 20 quid cable solves the problem then I'm a happy bunny

That is great news. :) I use KabelDirekt on both my monitors and couldn't be happier.

Soldato
Got mine recently, love it! came from 2x 27" 1440p Dell monitors, and it took a little while to get used to this but it's great.

PXL-20201230-204605198.jpg

PXL-20201230-204625658.jpg

Back
Top Bottom