NR200 Owner's Thread

Associate
@benparker running a 5900x and Cryorig h7 here with TG panel. Idle temps in the high 30s. If you are running epic game launcher in the background that makes it run like 10-15°c warmer. Mine used to idle at high 40s/low 50s. Then saw an article about Epic Game launcher making AMD ryzen chips run warmer.

While playing Control 5900x didnt break 70. But while playing CP2077 it is usually around 72-74.
That's really decent temps. What GPU are you using?

Associate
Hello everyone, I have a problem with the top-fan near the io.. sometimes it makes a rattling noise and I think it's the tool less mounting. (it's sitting pretty tight and secure)
Any possibility to get red of that and mount the fan with screws?
Any kind of help would be much appreciated <3

Soldato
Hello everyone, I have a problem with the top-fan near the io.. sometimes it makes a rattling noise and I think it's the tool less mounting. (it's sitting pretty tight and secure)
Any possibility to get red of that and mount the fan with screws?
Any kind of help would be much appreciated <3
You can remove the top metal grill. Bend the clips back and then you can secure it with screws.

Associate
Hello again :)
I also have the following question, alongside a 280mm aio (side mounted) for the CPU I was thinking of getting a hybrid cooled RTX 3080 but I'm not so sure that's even possible in the NR200.
Not sure if there is enough space for a 240mm bottom mounted rad? with A12x15 slim fans maybe?
I was thinking of the RTX 3080 Aorus Xtreme Waterforce or the EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra Hybrid.

Soldato
I don’t think so, there is about 28-30mm with a 2 slot GPU installed. You may be able to fit 2 120mm rads on the side panel though-not sure if that has been tried.

Then again I’m not why you’d bother, you aren’t going to get a meaningful increase in performance out of that card vs the lease expensive version. Certainly not given the price difference.

If you really want to water cool is suggest getting a bigger case designed for it like the O-11 dynamic mini.

Associate
Thought of those hybrid cards because of the drama of waiting forever for a normal 3080 like the Asus TUF 3080 (non-oc) ordered 2 december and to check today and seeing that I'm on the waiting list with my position being 576. Estimated to be delivered summer 2021.
I really don't want to change my case.

So I did some measuring and I have about 39mm clearance on the bottom with 2 slot card installed +/-1mm so minus the 15mm fans I'm left with 24mm of rad thickness and tbh I have no idea how thick those radiators are and can't seem to find out either

Associate
Thought of those hybrid cards because of the drama of waiting forever for a normal 3080 like the Asus TUF 3080 (non-oc) ordered 2 december and to check today and seeing that I'm on the waiting list with my position being 576. Estimated to be delivered summer 2021.
I really don't want to change my case.

So I did some measuring and I have about 39mm clearance on the bottom with 2 slot card installed +/-1mm so minus the 15mm fans I'm left with 24mm of rad thickness and tbh I have no idea how thick those radiators are and can't seem to find out either

Those hybrids are quite expensive though, so you might as well get scalped and get a normal one that can actually fit in the case.

Associate
sVnPHdT

The first piece to my Nr200 build. 6900xt
https://ibb.co/sVnPHdT

Associate
I have the choice between a zotac twin Edge oc 3070 and a msi 3060ti trio. I'm a bit concerned that the zotac seems to be fairly noisy whilst the trio seems to be the quietest you can get. Does anyone have any real world experience of the zotac?

Soldato
Just awaiting dispatch of my AIO from OcUK a new GPU now! Currently making do with my 970.

I may be needing the use of SATA power, but I don't really want to plug in the SATA power cable to have three spare connectors unused. I assume single connectors are available, but is there anything I need to know before sourcing one?

Associate
Are you saying the 2 fan setup is loud? Would an undervolt help? Keep temps lower so lower fan speed?

To be honest it didn't sound to bad once I got it going so think the issue was over stated. Stupidly I had plugged the front power block into the wrong pins and it took me a few minutes to figure out why it wasn't turning on then I realised it had a 2x5 row instead of a 2x4 row on the mobo.
The only annoying thing is the white top plate on the cooler doesn't fit with the tg panel.
Have not had time to undervolt but was planning on doing that anyway as it seems it improves things all round.

Associate
So I've got 5 p12s coming what's the best cooling set up?
2 below gpu as intake, 2 on top as exhaust and two one the cooler blowing to the rear vent or 2 on the cooler pulling air in from the rear?

Back
Top Bottom