Postage prices to Europe sky rocketed?

Associate
That wouldn't work. If the person received a copy you could sell the items for 10% of the full RRP cost and still make a profit because it's a copy and you still have the original. :D

As long as you sold it to 10 people that is.

I'm more thinking along the lines of Star Trek transporters as opposed to sending details to a 3D printer to make a copy.

Soldato
Jesus knew the Brexit brigade would be out. I bet that would add on 1%. The rest is probably covid related (workers sick, plus loads of people ordering = high demand), the issues relating to Dover port back log, holiday period, pre-brexit nerves (purchasing more)... Supply less than demand means high price. Give it a month and I bet it's similar pricing again (so long as covid 3.0 doesnt come about).

Soldato
This is true, with my 3 contract i can use my phone normally in a lot of countries before and after Brexit. But now that there is no rules enforcing this it's only a matter of time before costs start to creep up. If they see ways of making money out of it why wouldn't they.

Doubt it because we already have free roam in non EU countries such as the US.

Man of Honour
Yup the cost of doing business with/in Europe will go up.

I read yesterday the mobile phone providers aren't going to put roaming charges back up, but in the long run we all know they will. There's too much money to be made.
They already are, and I would expect more like this :

Just to let you know about a change we’re making to our acceptable use policy for using your phone abroad (roaming).

As you’ve spent a long period using your phone abroad in the last 12 months, you may be affected by this change.

Why are you making a change?

In line with European Union roaming regulations, your plan comes with inclusive roaming. However, under these regulations, this is only meant for temporary, occasional periods abroad such as holidays and short trips – if usage abroad exceeds this, additional charges are applicable.

Up until now, we’ve only monitored usage abroad and not applied extra charges to customers who use their phone abroad for long periods of time (or even permanently).

However, unfortunately we now need to apply charges if you use your phone abroad for a prolonged period of time.

What is considered a prolonged period of time?

From 18 January 2021, if you use your phone abroad in any of your plan’s inclusive roaming destinations for 62 or more days in a four month period, and your usage in those destinations is more than your usage in the UK we’ll send you a warning email or text to let you know when this happens.

When will I be charged and how much will it cost?

If after 14 days of us sending you a warning message your roaming usage continues, you may be charged the following extra charges to use your phone in your inclusive roaming destinations:
• Calls: 3.3p a minute

• Texts: 1p each
• Data: £3.13 for each 1GB
Just to note, these rates are set under the European Union roaming regulations.

You can find out more information about these charges by clicking here.

Rest assured, you’ll still be able to receive calls and texts while abroad in your inclusive roaming destinations at no extra cost.

Will I be charged this forever?
No, once the majority of your usage over the previous four months has been in the UK or outside of your inclusive roaming destinations, we’ll stop charging you these extra charges

Soldato
Just checked prices for a medium sized parcel to Italy on various price comparison sites and seems prices have rocketed with very few services compared to only a week or so ago.

Used to be about between £10-£25 with plenty of different couriers. Now everything is £80 plus.

Same with eBay GSP, not even offering services to mainland europe today anyway, shipped a couple of parcels to France just last week but cant seem to see any services right now with GSP.

Have i missed something or brexit?

https://www.sushisushi.co.uk/pages/eu-delivery-rates

Soldato
Just checked prices for a medium sized parcel to Italy on various price comparison sites and seems prices have rocketed with very few services compared to only a week or so ago.

Used to be about between £10-£25 with plenty of different couriers. Now everything is £80 plus.

Same with eBay GSP, not even offering services to mainland europe today anyway, shipped a couple of parcels to France just last week but cant seem to see any services right now with GSP.

Have i missed something or brexit?

Well, that explains why someone in France couldn't buy something I had GSP enabled for. Stupid.

Soldato
They already are, and I would expect more like this :

Just to let you know about a change we’re making to our acceptable use policy for using your phone abroad (roaming).

As you’ve spent a long period using your phone abroad in the last 12 months, you may be affected by this change.

Why are you making a change?

In line with European Union roaming regulations, your plan comes with inclusive roaming. However, under these regulations, this is only meant for temporary, occasional periods abroad such as holidays and short trips – if usage abroad exceeds this, additional charges are applicable.

Up until now, we’ve only monitored usage abroad and not applied extra charges to customers who use their phone abroad for long periods of time (or even permanently).

However, unfortunately we now need to apply charges if you use your phone abroad for a prolonged period of time.

What is considered a prolonged period of time?

From 18 January 2021, if you use your phone abroad in any of your plan’s inclusive roaming destinations for 62 or more days in a four month period, and your usage in those destinations is more than your usage in the UK we’ll send you a warning email or text to let you know when this happens.

When will I be charged and how much will it cost?

If after 14 days of us sending you a warning message your roaming usage continues, you may be charged the following extra charges to use your phone in your inclusive roaming destinations:
• Calls: 3.3p a minute

• Texts: 1p each
• Data: £3.13 for each 1GB
Just to note, these rates are set under the European Union roaming regulations.

You can find out more information about these charges by clicking here.

Rest assured, you’ll still be able to receive calls and texts while abroad in your inclusive roaming destinations at no extra cost.

Will I be charged this forever?
No, once the majority of your usage over the previous four months has been in the UK or outside of your inclusive roaming destinations, we’ll stop charging you these extra charges

No surprise its Vodafone doing this. They were one of the last to introduce free roaming and they are the first to jump off it.

There are a junk mobile phone provider and the worse for being so expensive.

SPG

SPG

Soldato
Freight has shot up due to Covid, supply and demand oh and captilism working as intended.

I.e

Skank the crap out of everyone as we need to increase profits for no other reason than increasing profits. Wages can remain the same as I am a major shareholder and I need some new champagne flutes for 3rd holiday home.

Soldato
It's been like this since covid. Nothing to do with brexit.

Shipping crates from Asia is like 3x more expensive at the moment.

Teleportation would solve all this issues. Immediately beam it to your destination.

Teleportation tax, because reasons.

Back
Top Bottom