The nervous wait to exchange....

Man of Honour
I like online ones as you get a portal you can log into and see where the case is, rather than having to rely on someone calling you back or actually answering the phone.

Caporegime
I Cant believe it was year ago I was doing this.

Its been a long year. But at same time not much has happened.

It's weird watching from the other side people going through the same stuff

Soldato
Luckily for me my house sale and purchase was completed in 3 months with no hassle. Accepted offer on my property on 5th Sep and offered on another around 15th Sep and all completed on 4th Dec :D

Soldato
Offer accepted on new house Dec 7th and we have to complete before 24th Feb as that's when our mortgage deal expires. No chain involved as we are first time buyers and the sellers are moving into a rental. They want to move as quickly as possible as do we.

Existing mortgage offer amended subject to valuation. Draft contract already received by our solicitor. Building survey booked for 12th Jan. As soon as the valuation comes back, hopefully in the next few days, we pay for the local authority searches.

It's going to be tight with lots of anxiety ahead, but I believe it's possible. Fingers crossed!

Valuation completed yesterday - no issues. New mortgage offer issued and it came as a bit of a surprise as the validity period has been extended for the full 6 months, rather than maintaining the end date of our original offer. Our main worry was having to complete before 24th Feb, but now that worry has gone! :D

Last edited:
Soldato
Valuation completed yesterday - no issues. New mortgage offer issued and it came as a bit of a surprise but the validity period has been extended for the full 6 months, rather than maintaining the end date of our original offer. Our main worry was having to complete before 24th Feb, but now that worry has gone! :D

Have you booked the home survey yet? Heard there is a backlog on this and LA searches although mine was only 2 weeks.

Soldato
Still waiting to hear about our mortgage, don't think it will be before Christmas now. But struggling to have a decent night's sleep due to worry about it.
A couple of interested parties for our house but the estate agent have said they've gone quiet across the board. If it was me I wouldn't be listing just now but our arm was twisted a bit by a surprise offer being accepted.

Man of Honour
When is the best time to arrange a survey? Should I wait until the vendor has had an offer accepted on down the chain? I don’t want to spend money on one then it falls down because they can’t find anywhere.

Soldato
When is the best time to arrange a survey? Should I wait until the vendor has had an offer accepted on down the chain? I don’t want to spend money on one then it falls down because they can’t find anywhere.
Seems sensible to me. I postponed mine as i hadn't yet recieved the searches, and no point in expending for my building survey (around £1100) until the rest of the chain is ready.

Soldato
Finally had the Lease/Service details updated by the purchasers solicitors - took them 6 weeks and werent even going to do it until i pointed it out after they both tried to invoice me. The lease stipulated that it must be done within 4 weeks of purchasing the property off me - good for them to breach before they really had their feet in the door. Just reinforces my opinion the purchasers solicitors were trash.

Had the report on my purchase come through today too. Mostly looks OK other than mispelling my surname on the report... fingers crossed we're on target to be in by the end of January

- GP

Caporegime
Amazing, my two bed just cost that :D haha

P.S you could have tidied your cables you monster

Well, moved in on December 17th, various problems already, fantastic eh.

I'm also extremely picky which doesn't help...however I'd have expected the house to be cleaned and the dishwasher to have been checked prior to us moving in!

Back
Top Bottom