And Lewis Hamilton wins his 8th Championship!

Soldato
Because seeing his driving skill on show is more entertaining. He’s an excellent driver, no question - he also has an excellent car, as shown by George. Racing wise, that’s dull to watch in my opinion. Stick him in the (statistically) worst car in the field and I’d enjoy watching him use that skill to carve through them and win.

Ha, didn't work out like that for Alonso!

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Driving talent alone can’t drag a back marker team to a win. You high or something?

If McLaren don’t balls up the aero then we could see another team challenging for a win (once they get the Merc power unit that is). It would mix it up nicely to see Lando and Danny Ric tussling with Crashtappen and Lewis for the win.

It’s about time McLaren stopped languishing in the midfield and got on the podium with some sort of regularity. I’d like Williams to do something and get off the back of the grid but that seems less likely :(

Associate
Development is mostly frozen for next year due to covid delaying the new rules that were due and witj red bull having caught up and won on pure pace last week it's not a forgone conclusion.

Soldato
Hats off to Lewis.
Love to see Verstappen in Mercedes.Better yet a competitive ferria.

Really hoping that Ferrari will be stronger next season. Missed having the red team up front!

Really looking forward to the Charles and Carlos battles. I think Carlos is going surprise a few people next year

Soldato
Really hoping that Ferrari will be stronger next season. Missed having the red team up front!
Hope so, but I'm not confident Ferrari will be able to catch Red Bull or McLaren, or even overhaul Racing Point or Renault. I don't expect Ferrari to finish higher than 5th in the constructors in 2021.

Soldato
Hope so, but I'm not confident Ferrari will be able to catch Red Bull or McLaren, or even overhaul Racing Point or Renault. I don't expect Ferrari to finish higher than 5th in the constructors in 2021.

They should be doing better than this year though, right? They wont have such a gimped engine next year

Soldato
He needs more competition. At the moment there is nothing, so he's walking the championships.

He is undoubtably a brilliant driver, one of if not the best ever, but he does lose it sometimes under competition. Not in terms of raw pace I don't think anyone on the grid including Max and Fernando would be him, but in terms of gamesmanship he can be beaten.

Really looking forward to the Charles and Carlos battles. I think Carlos is going surprise a few people next year

Who is he going to surprise? Pretty much everyone ought to rate him be now if not he first entered into F1.

Soldato
Who is he going to surprise? Pretty much everyone ought to rate him be now if not he first entered into F1.

A lot of people assume he is just going to be Charles back up dancer where I rate Carlos a lot higher than that. I think it'll be an exciting intra-team battle between the two

Certainly think it'll be closer than Charles and Seb were

Associate
2021 will be his last chance I think. It's all going to change in 2022 and I suspect he won't be on top anymore.
Maybe. It all changed in 2017 also when they changed the rules to make the cars lap 5 seconds faster, outcome was still the same.

Man of Honour
Hamilton has been knighted a 2nd time, as he already has an MBE. Weird.

MBE isn't a knighthood. It's an honor, but it's almost the lowest that can be presented.

BEM is below the MBE, which is below an OBE, which is below a CBE, which is below a Knighthood...

Back
Top Bottom