Controlling Case Fan Speeds In Windows 10?

Associate
Hi,

Is it possible to control the case fans in Windows 10 (not via the BIOS), because I am after turning down/off the two case fans, when the computer isn't getting heavy use (so when browsing the net etc).

I've had a quick Google on this and most sites seem to suggest the SpeedFan program. But upon installing it, it looks like it doesn't support my current hardware.

My current spec is:

- Corsair Carbide Series 300R case
- AMD Ryzen 5 1600 Desktop CPU
- ARCTIC Alpine AM4 Passive CPU Cooler
- ASUS PRIME B350-PLUS
- EVGA SuperNOVA 650W PSU
- 64GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4 2400 MHz
- ASRock Radeon RX 5500 XT Challenger 8GB OC GPU
- 480GB SanDisk Ultra II Performance SSD
- 1TB SanDisk SSD PLUS
- 3x SATA HDD's
- Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit

Associate
Yes Argus System monitor should do that and it has a free trial. Otherwise $20 per year but often has multi year discounts.

Associate
Not sure, Speedfan is often recommended as free option but not good for you as you mentioned, I don't rate Speedfan much either. I got an Argus offer that was about $20 for three years so the cost is barely noticeable.

It's not just fan control, it offers all kinds of system monitoring, very useful software overall, you could always check the free trial without signup or payment.

Permabanned
It is so bad even the Asus Rog Forum Mods recommend you get rid of it and link you to a tool to remove it.

1st time I used it was 2001.

Soldato
It is so bad even the Asus Rog Forum Mods recommend you get rid of it and link you to a tool to remove it.

1st time I used it was 2001.

I've used it for many years on different PCs, and while it does have it's idiosyncrasies, I've found it a good tool that is very useful for certain things such as fan control. It's certainly worth the OP trying it if they want a free fan control app for their Asus motherboard.

Permabanned
Getting rid of it is the issue, so not my ideal choice.

FYI I do not use that free app in above link I pay for ArgusMonitor since SpeedFan went down the pan.

Soldato
I find the msi bios fan control to be very good. Can set fan voltage and link to a temperature source, very nice. Why not take time to configure your bios fan control. No extra software to run then

Permabanned
Normally Black Fri deals but this is best for now:

promo-action-header.png

Soldato
can vouch for argus monitor, been using for around 6 months and its brilliant.

Considering paying for the 3 year licence even though im still on the freeware version which btw still works fine, no issues.

Permabanned
I have paid or it for years now, AFAIR its slightly less to renew for existing customers esp. if you take the 3 years.

Support is good also, only had a quick question for them twice (nothing major) and they got back to me within 24hours both times with an answer.

Back
Top Bottom