Hairiest Moments

Soldato
Hey up mate <0/

Yeah I thought the same when I saw that, I remember going very sideways at a decent speed in my m3, couldn't wait to show the lads in the office my brush with death. It looked almost identical to MRK's gif, the 50p poo stain told a different story :eek:

Ay up bro, long time no natter :)

Nuts isn't it. I'll dig out that video of mine - it was a good quarter lock+ moment as well but it looks like a casual moment...

/edit

Associate
Black and round:D. I've also gone premium brand, it's really the only thing holding you on the road so why skimp:confused:.

Yeah, I never used to pay too much attention but when I got my 350z it had some ancient Avons on it which felt like they were made of hard plastic in the wet. They'd break away under modest power, and gave zero feel so you only really knew when stuff started moving sideways through your vision.

Man of Honour
Had a few hairy incidents in my 200SX, for example boost coming on as i pulled out to overtake, the back kept going so ended up facing them as i went past. Was lucky enough to catch it and just looked like a ****** rather than spinning out like and idiot.

Also had the snow day on the first day of owning my MX-5 so went round a roundabout sideways at about 10mph :rolleyes: not in in-self a problem but the police car sat behind me made it a little more of a but puckering moment!

Soldato
Quite a few tbh...

Started early with my first car (metro) showing off going round a 90 degree left too fast, losing it, catch it then sliding sidewise into a kerb. Bent the passenger front wheel in so badly if you let go of the steering wheel going straight it turned itself left then eventually the subframe collapsed.

Few years later in my 205 1.9 GTi managed to touch the grass on a central reservation and swapped ends and wound up sliding backwards up the grass banking with my eyes closed and hands off the wheel waiting for the impact which never came and just sloped off feeling sheepish with soiled trousers.

That was the "driving like a ****" business in the late 90s early 00s...

Few years later in my Mondeo ST24 hit I guess a patch of diesel coming off a roundabout not fast at all, armfulls of opposite lock and a good dose of luck later everything returned to normal but briefly like driving on ice with bald tyres.

Most recently (like 6 years ago) ended up pointing the wrong way on a roundabout in my 123d after being a little too enthusiastic with the traction off.

There was also the time I beeped at someone who pulled out in front of me who then proceeded to park up in the middle of the road and several very unpleasant looking folk got out for a remonstration I had no intention of participating in.

I guess fairly hairy was a mundane accident on the M5 about 15/20 years ago tapping someone on the boot in a contraflow when not paying attention/not quite stopping in time... no damage to speak of then being informed it was an unmarked police car and half of west mercia police turning up to measure EVERYTHING..

Back
Top Bottom