Gigabyte X570 Aorus Master Owners

Soldato
So, I have this board and just wondering something.

Sometime next year I will be getting 3 M.2 sticks, and if I understand the manual correctly, if I use a M.2 SATA SSD in the lower socket, then the normal SATA sockets will all be good to use ?? In the two above I can either use M.2 SATA or PCIe SSD cards, right ? Also, since I have no clue really, is there much difference between a M.2 SATA and M.2 PCIe card ?

Associate
So, I have this board and just wondering something.

Sometime next year I will be getting 3 M.2 sticks, and if I understand the manual correctly, if I use a M.2 SATA SSD in the lower socket, then the normal SATA sockets will all be good to use ?? In the two above I can either use M.2 SATA or PCIe SSD cards, right ? Also, since I have no clue really, is there much difference between a M.2 SATA and M.2 PCIe card ?

Hi , says it shares bandwidth with sata ports 4 and 5 if the bottom slot M2C_socket is used ! but then shows an X in the table, so bit confusing !!

Quote " Gen4 PCIe x4 NVMe M.2 SSD uses Gen4 PCIe technology with blazing fast sequential read speeds of up to 4,950MB/s and sequential write speeds of up to 4,250MB/s "

so faster than most conventional raid arrays using a single drive as long as you get the pcie Gen4 drive

Soldato
Hi , says it shares bandwidth with sata ports 4 and 5 if the bottom slot M2C_socket is used ! but then shows an X in the table, so bit confusing !!

Quote " Gen4 PCIe x4 NVMe M.2 SSD uses Gen4 PCIe technology with blazing fast sequential read speeds of up to 4,950MB/s and sequential write speeds of up to 4,250MB/s "

so faster than most conventional raid arrays using a single drive as long as you get the pcie Gen4 drive

Yes, I noticed that as well. But if I'm reading this table correctly, seems if if using a M.2 SATA SSD in the M2C_Socket, which is the one at the bottom. The 'ticks' seems to suggest that SATA3 4 and 5 will be available, and the X would suggest they wont be is using the M.2 PCIe SSD.

PrPOuFF.jpg

But since I'm not 100% sure if that's correct, I thought I ask here.

Associate
Hi and welcome to the forums . you could try dropping them a webnote and ask them , be interested in the answer also as i have 4x 8 gig sticks of Trident royal F4-3600C16-8GTRG and on the xmp profile sometimes wont boot.

edit _ I sent them a web note and asked the question on current stock
Good idea, thanks!

My kit is F4-3600C16D-64GTRS. As these are high density modules, I'd rather pick a board with really good memory hardware to try and get it to 4000Mhz when 2000Mhz FCLK is supported on zen 3.

Associate
Hi guys, I am looking to get this board. Is there a way to make sure one gets the latest revision? I appreciate that there is a revision 1.0, 1.1 and 1.2 now... are they actually slightly different in terms of hardware components or are the revisions Software based? I.e. if I upgrade the Firmware/Bios to the latest version I can bring a revision 1.0 board to 1.2?

Associate
Good idea, thanks!

My kit is F4-3600C16D-64GTRS. As these are high density modules, I'd rather pick a board with really good memory hardware to try and get it to 4000Mhz when 2000Mhz FCLK is supported on zen 3.
Had a note back from OcUk support saying they cant verify rev numbers unless stated in the product description , as they get them from different suppliers

So pot luck it seems at the minute

Associate
Hi guys, I am looking to get this board. Is there a way to make sure one gets the latest revision? I appreciate that there is a revision 1.0, 1.1 and 1.2 now... are they actually slightly different in terms of hardware components or are the revisions Software based? I.e. if I upgrade the Firmware/Bios to the latest version I can bring a revision 1.0 board to 1.2?
Hi looks like hardware around memory support must be different , never noticed before today but he memory support list in terms of frequency is higher on the rev 1.1 and 1.2 boards compared to the rev 1.0 board

Associate
Indeed, the memory hardware is improved on the newer revisions. The traces are hidden, there's better shielding basically.

Associate
Indeed, the memory hardware is improved on the newer revisions. The traces are hidden, there's better shielding basically.

I am going to contact Gigabyte UK and ask if the rev 1 boards warrant an RMA being as it is marketed an extreme overclock board !

when i have tried to increase the multiplier on mine just modestly , it corrupts the Operating system and that cant be right

Associate
Did you try to increase the multiplier or the actual fclk frequency?

I heard upping the fclk too much can corrupt PCIE-4.0 drives (I think it was in a recent buildzoid mobo roundup, take it with a grain of salt)

Edit : this isn't specific to the GB X570 Aorus Master or any specific board for that matter.

Associate
I had corruption by just increasing the multiplier by 1 !

haven't had any issue where i have had to remove the cmos for any reason and i have loaded all new bios on release

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom