Pizza Shop Garlic Sauce...

Associate
I mean the stuff you get in the North East pizza shops, as I know you soft Southerners tend to go for chilli sauce on your kebabs :p

Clearly they use garlic granules, but is it added to mayonnaise or natural yoghurt?

Man of Honour
Pffffttt, we go for it all. Chilli, garlic mayo and in my fav kebab shop, mint sauce as well. Throw some raw onions and picked chilis on top and we're done.

Depends on the takeaway, does it taste like mayo or yoghurt. If you are the mayo one, I saw in the local tesco in the world food isle they had garlic mayo in the big trucker cafe type bottles, along with ketchup and other stuff, I bet that would taste like most mayo type takeaway places.

Associate
OP
Ive tried all of the shop bought premade ones and they dont taste the same, which is why In thinking possibly natural yoghurt. I can easy give it a whirl at home mind.

Just spent £18 at Doninoes and still went two doors down to the dirty local takeaway for a tub of theirs :D admittedly Dominoes garlic and herb isnt bad, just a little too thin. This stuff I get is the consistency of mayo but doesnt taste as heavy, despite it still being creamy.

Associate
There's a kebab place near us called Caspian, they do a garlic sauce that is quite different to garlic mayonnaise, it's a pinkish/reddish colour, it's amazing. Wish i could find out where to get some, though its quite possible that they make it in-house.

Permabanned
I mean the stuff you get in the North East pizza shops, as I know you soft Southerners tend to go for chilli sauce on your kebabs :p

Clearly they use garlic granules, but is it added to mayonnaise or natural yoghurt?

The ones round here use garlic powder, salt, mayo and water.
The garlic powder is available from the cash and carrys pizza shops use (there is specific ones and its pretty damn cheap) if you live in the Middlesbrough area I can give you the number for them.

Dont think adding water will make it too thin either as long as you dont add too much.

Associate
Would love the name and number of this cash and carry

The ones round here use garlic powder, salt, mayo and water.
The garlic powder is available from the cash and carrys pizza shops use (there is specific ones and its pretty damn cheap) if you live in the Middlesbrough area I can give you the number for them.

Dont think adding water will make it too thin either as long as you dont add too much.

Permabanned

Since you are from North East it might be something else added to your garlic sauce to make it taste funky.

Edit: checked dates, why you bumping this from 2013 @Garlicsauce1234 you troll!

Associate
OP
Since you are from North East it might be something else added to your garlic sauce to make it taste funky.

Edit: checked dates, why you bumping this from 2013 @Garlicsauce1234 you troll!

Wow, necro! :D

Well whilst I'm here...on the odd occasion I do make garlic mayo I just grate 1 clove in to some Heinz mayo. Maybe a little parsley for aesthetics. But yes, being in the dark depths of the North East there may also be a magic ingredient, maybe being sat in a display window for 4 weeks for it to mature...

Permabanned
Wow, necro! :D

Well whilst I'm here...on the odd occasion I do make garlic mayo I just grate 1 clove in to some Heinz mayo. Maybe a little parsley for aesthetics. But yes, being in the dark depths of the North East there may also be a magic ingredient, maybe being sat in a display window for 4 weeks for it to mature...

You don't happen to work for BT do you? doing broadband installs?

Soldato
I've had a lot of kebabs in the north east and the garlic sauce varies quite a lot from kebab shop to kebab shop and even varies on different nights. Unfortunately. :(

Soldato
That's because each one of our shops uses their own vintage garlic sauce. The £2/litre bottle needs to ferment in the open for a fixed time first... :p

I like the Crucials Garlic Mayo. Quite peppery and seems to work on a range of things.

Back
Top Bottom