Better 4g router to improve speed

Soldato
Hi. Due to particularly bad copper, I'm having to use 4g as our home WiFi. I get a decent signal, however the speed I get via the router provided by 3 (Huawei b535) is less than half of what I get if I use my mobile phone (p30 pro) in the exact same spot (both router and phone getting full signal).

I've read this may be down to the different categories of frequencies my phone and the router are able to receive.

Can anyone recommend a better router that will be able to receive the same speeds that my phone does.

Thanks in advance.

Associate
Are they both on the same network? I have the B818, and I get about 150Mbs on EE, maxing out about 200Mbps at night. I had the B535 on three and maxed out about 30, usually hovering around ten, with more or less the same signal stats. I think mast capacity is a much bigger driver than signal, unless you are rather far from the mast.

What are your signal stats like?

Soldato
OP
Yer, phone and router both on 3. When it arrives I'll report back if it improves the speeds.

The router reports that it has a good signal. I've got the router on the 2nd floor, so has line of sight to the mast.

Soldato
Hi. Due to particularly bad copper, I'm having to use 4g as our home WiFi. I get a decent signal, however the speed I get via the router provided by 3 (Huawei b535) is less than half of what I get if I use my mobile phone (p30 pro) in the exact same spot (both router and phone getting full signal).

I've read this may be down to the different categories of frequencies my phone and the router are able to receive.

Can anyone recommend a better router that will be able to receive the same speeds that my phone does.

Thanks in advance.
You can fit better aerials (indoor or outdoor for best signal) if it's the same router I'm thinking of.

Back
Top Bottom