What have you done to your car today?

Soldato
Probably got a NIP on the way that’s what I’ve done this week.

Either for being slightly over limit or red light which changed as I was crossing...Don’t think I was speeding but misjudged light tbf don’t really remember the circumstances but do recall what seemed like a flash.

Whether it was for my car or the someones behind will have to wait and see.

Hoping I get a course and a fine or somehow it just never gets actioned.

Should I get points just concerned how much my insurance will rise by being a relatively new driver.

How new is new? I was a relatively new driver and did a speed awareness course, it was actually very interesting, contrary to popular belief.

Associate
How new is new? I was a relatively new driver and did a speed awareness course, it was actually very interesting, contrary to popular belief.
It’ll be a year next month.

Insurance due in a few months so hopefully I get the awareness course if I did get flashed.

Don’t fancy getting points just before my renewal.

Can’t really complain I guess hold my hands up I misjudged and will likely have a NIP on the way but yeah here’s hoping for awareness course option if I do receive a letter.

Don
Insurance due in a few months so hopefully I get the awareness course if I did get flashed.

Don’t fancy getting points just before my renewal.

Can’t really complain I guess hold my hands up I misjudged and will likely have a NIP on the way but yeah here’s hoping for awareness course option if I do receive a letter.

Technically you still need to declare a speed awareness course if they specifically ask

Man of Honour
It is my daughters 17th birthday today. One of her presents was to start driving lessons today. I booked it months ago to make sure that she got a lesson on her actual birthday. But last weekend we entered tier 4 and the instructor had to cancel it.

She was quite disappointed. So I put her on my insurance this morning and started teaching her myself today. I will still get her proper lessons when all this mess is eased. But she loved it and the smile on her face was lovely to see.

Soldato
Had a little slide on some black ice this morning which means a new bumper.

Any idea how of where to look? eBay has loads but only facelifted models and none for mine. Have no idea if they’d be compatible but I’m guessing not and don’t need the extra hassle of changing grilles etc.

Cars a 2012 Mercedes B Class with the “sport” bumpers.

Caporegime
Had a little slide on some black ice this morning which means a new bumper.

Any idea how of where to look? eBay has loads but only facelifted models and none for mine. Have no idea if they’d be compatible but I’m guessing not and don’t need the extra hassle of changing grilles etc.

Cars a 2012 Mercedes B Class with the “sport” bumpers.

Just have to wait until you see the right one come up, or trawl breakers yards, call breakers, etc.

How bad is it? Can't be repaired?

Soldato
I took it to a body shop round the corner and he said any repair wouldn’t hold and would just break again with plastic welding.

There’s a thin section under the DRL that’s broke all the way through.

Will just set an alert up and see what comes up. There’s one on there in the right colour but has a small crack itself.

Soldato
Replaced the PCV hoses on the audi tt 225 bam engine, very common apparently but done well considering they look original (18 year old). Ripped them out, and put in a catch can system instead, much neater, and will make the breathing system a lot cleaner :) Power has been restored, quicker spool now.

Will be an oil change with the oil pickup pipe, and inlet manifold seals next on the list to do (Again, something common apparently)

Man of Honour
I took it to a body shop round the corner and he said any repair wouldn’t hold and would just break again with plastic welding.

Yeah - not the bumper itself but I smacked the lower air spoiler on my truck trying to get around someone on a single lane width road :( plastic welding held up for... about 10 miles - fortunately the dealer replaced the whole thing for about £50 all in parts and labour which was surprising (albeit they did it while it was in for other stuff so that took the labour cost down) - would have cost me about £90 to do myself or indies wanted £200.

Soldato
Replaced the PCV hoses on the audi tt 225 bam engine, very common apparently but done well considering they look original (18 year old). Ripped them out, and put in a catch can system instead, much neater, and will make the breathing system a lot cleaner :) Power has been restored, quicker spool now.

Will be an oil change with the oil pickup pipe, and inlet manifold seals next on the list to do (Again, something common apparently)

Not a bad little job to do if you get the inlet manifold off which is about 15mins extra work. I replaced all the vacuum pipes in mine with silicon items, Inc the PCV system etc. The number of collapsed/split pipes I find was ridiculous. Such a massive weak spot. But now it's done, it's fairly rapid!

Soldato
It is my daughters 17th birthday today. One of her presents was to start driving lessons today. I booked it months ago to make sure that she got a lesson on her actual birthday. But last weekend we entered tier 4 and the instructor had to cancel it.

She was quite disappointed. So I put her on my insurance this morning and started teaching her myself today. I will still get her proper lessons when all this mess is eased. But she loved it and the smile on her face was lovely to see.

Lockdown has been a nightmare for things like that! :( My Step-sister has been learning for a while, she had her test booked, done a few lessons in that week in preparation and one on the morning of her test and it ended up being cancelled.

Soldato
Not a bad little job to do if you get the inlet manifold off which is about 15mins extra work. I replaced all the vacuum pipes in mine with silicon items, Inc the PCV system etc. The number of collapsed/split pipes I find was ridiculous. Such a massive weak spot. But now it's done, it's fairly rapid!
That’s it. I was just going to replace them too with silicone hoses, but the cost involved meant fitting a catch can system from cloude9customs was cheaper.

I managed to do mine without removing the inlet manifold. Was thinking about changing the charge pipe for a de baffled one, but adds no performance or change in noise, so just leaving it. Going to change few intercooler hoses for silicone ones, and might change the coil packs for some fresh ones (car is on 120k miles)

Soldato
Just went for a 100 mile blast to keep the battery charged & in good condition ;) Great road conditions almost totally clear very little traffic & some mist & fog in places creating plenty of stunning countryside scenery :D

Soldato
A couple of days ago technically but I serviced my wifes Polo. Used my Pela oil extractor as usual and was talking to my neighbour who was saying how it was much easier than getting under the car. "Yeah, I haven't found a car yet that I can't get pretty much all the oil out using this." ...then the thing started sucking air with just 2L in the container :rolleyes: Talked that one up didn't I! The car was then awkwardly placed without enough oil to be able to start it and move it. My oil extractor has been used for all sort over the last 10 years so I wasn't about to pour it back in.

Managed to get it up on stands and finish the job though and at least I know for next time.

Back
Top Bottom