• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

30xx Series Founders Edition

Soldato
4.6.3 beta 4 was fully released yesterday I think, based on the Guru3D link I found.

Beta 2 didn’t recognise my custom fan curve but 4 does. Neither of them allow zero RPM though.

Caporegime
Do you have the power slider at 109%? That should give you a slightly higher score too and hopefully push you over 14k :)

The cpu temp seems high and could be throttling too. Are you using the wraith stealth?
Yes the slider is at 109. I'll run it again later to check the scores.

I'm using the stock CPU cooler so if that's the Stealth, then yes.

Soldato
Yes the slider is at 109. I'll run it again later to check the scores.

I'm using the stock CPU cooler so if that's the Stealth, then yes.
Could be the cooler that’s holding you back a bit then. I have the wraith prism and whilst it is a little noisy it keeps my 1600AF nice and cool.

It might also be worth thinking about a custom fan curve for the GPU as the temps inhibit boost if they’re a bit high.

Associate
I've had my 3070 installed for a good week now with no issues - can play hours of Warzone at a time and it flies through Timespy without a hitch; thought I'd give Hell Let Loose a try and after 5 minutes the PC shuts down completely, it won't power back up until I've removed the Power cable from the PSU and reinserted it.

Decided to try another more demanding game in Squad and the same thing happens - hard shutdown; temps for the card seem okay with it hovering around 71 in-game - CPU temps are very good, tried with PBO off but no difference.

I'm using a 550W Seasonic Focus Plus, which I know is below Nvidia's 'official' 650W recommendation but the general consensus seemed to be that this was excessive - is it worth me trying to undervolt the card or is a new PSU required do we think? :confused:

HRL

HRL

Soldato
Try a 90% power limit and see if it’s stable.

If so, best get yourself a new PSU.

I recently donated my old 2080Ti to my kids and that’s running on a 550W PSU but I’m keeping a close eye on it for now. Quite a light system aside from the 2080Ti though.

Associate
Get yourself a power meter/monitor and plug/measure your power at the wall, I have yet to see over 490W at the wall with a 3600 @ 4.4GHz and a 3080 FE overclocked/undervolted

Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
I'm using a 550W Seasonic Focus Plus, which I know is below Nvidia's 'official' 650W recommendation but the general consensus seemed to be that this was excessive - is it worth me trying to undervolt the card or is a new PSU required do we think? :confused:

Undervolt the card and to see if the hard resets go away drop the core some so that it consumes about 50w less. If you cannot get it to hard shutdown when you have the GPU dialled back (you should not experience much fps drop doing this btw) you know it is something to do with the spikes triggering your PSU as it must be generating a ripple of noise on the line which kicks in the safety feature.

Associate
On the note of PSU’s, ignore the 650W recommendation from Nvidia. If you have a decent 550W PSU, it’s fine.

I’m running a R5 3600, 3070 FE, X570 Mobo, 16GB PC3600, with a Corsair RMx 550W Gold and the absolute max power usage I’ve seen at the wall is 353W.

That is one peak measurement and generally the power usage is much lower than that

Caporegime
I've had my 3070 installed for a good week now with no issues - can play hours of Warzone at a time and it flies through Timespy without a hitch; thought I'd give Hell Let Loose a try and after 5 minutes the PC shuts down completely, it won't power back up until I've removed the Power cable from the PSU and reinserted it.

Decided to try another more demanding game in Squad and the same thing happens - hard shutdown; temps for the card seem okay with it hovering around 71 in-game - CPU temps are very good, tried with PBO off but no difference.

I'm running a Corsair HX 520W to power my 3600 and 3070 FE, both overclocked as far as they'll go with stock coolers, and have no crashing or any other issues in any applications.

I did have an issue with Flight Sim crashing in ultra mode, but that was resolved my taking my 3600 back to 4.1GHz all core from its previous 4.2.

Associate
@Swinbag how old is your seasonic focus plus, as there were problems with that model and certain graphics cards causing shutdowns under heavy loads.
I think they resolved the issue in 2018.
Just type "seasonic focus plus graphics card problems" into google to find out more.

I think Seasonic will replace the power supply if still under warranty and you have the receipt,
it's worth looking into.

Last edited:
Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
Do we know if there is going to be another 3070 / 3080 FE drop soon?

Well they were staggered weekly. Places had to close over xmas so the notifications will be back shortly I imagine.

Also they found that container that went 'missing' which had 500k worth of cards in it. Surely that will help if it was one bound for europe?

Caporegime
Yup suspect come Monday, we'll see a lot more alerts for stock when everyone/most people are back to work.

Rather amusing as I am signed up to discord bots for alerting me when either the 6800 or 3080 comes in stock.... with the 3080, there is a steady enough stream each day, where as with the amd 6800, only had like 3 alerts since signing up, nvidias stock is **** but AMDs stock situation is really **** poor.

Back
Top Bottom