YouTube Bingeing?

Soldato
Anyone have any good leads on content?

I currently follow:
JayEmm - more thorough and serious car reviewer
Harrys Garge - just easy watching and nice to hear about his collection. Seems very down to Earth
Carwow/Matt Watson - for low-brain power watching and he's local
Bad Obsession Motorsport/Project Binky - I'm 5 years into this journey now...!
Goonzquad - More about house repairs now... but easy watching
Alexs Rebuilds - Much lower than before but his repairs were quite entertaining
Tavarish - The McLaren rebuild is interesting and Cartrek is reasonable entertaining...
Car Wizard - For when I'm desperate. He's knowledgeable but very righteous
Bisimoto - The guys voice is dreamy. His electric collection and fundamental car knowledge is super interesting
Jay Leno - the staple car video diet
M539 Restorations - a few interesting V12 rebuilds. A bit 'ASMR'ish
Ratarossa - Not super keen and on reflection when you have watched his videos, not much has happened
Shmee150 - Meh...
1320video/ Cleatus McFarland - normally some shenanigans that are kind of interesting. Fair play on this guy buying a racetrack with his earnings
Doug DeMuro - a mini/lite Jay Leno
Gas Monkey - Not keen on the main guy but some of the builds are interesting
Vinwiki - Not keen
Hoovies Garage - Can take it or leave it
Home Built by Jeff - His Alferrari is a very cool build to follow
Throttle House - Another take on the car review format. Easy watch
Manny Koshbin - Seems like a super cool dude and his collection is insane
Savage Garage - Can take it or leave it
vTuned - Epic young guy doing pretty ambitious repairs
DriveTribe - the 2l v10 and the Mondeo refurb have been the only really entertaining videos but the James May content is pretty good, too

Bonus/non-car... Linus Tech Tips, the B1M, NileRed, Frankie McDonald :))), Lock Picking Lawyer, MKBHD, the 8-Bit Guy (real guilty pleasure here), ElectroBoom, Mrwhosetheboss, Colinfurze

Surprised myself with how many notable YouTubers come to mind. Any major ones I am missing?

Associate
Adding a few to the above that have good content:
Carfection
Camber and Combustion
Stapleton42
Westen Champlin
Retropowercars
PapadakisRacing
Finnegan's Garage
KSR Performance & Fabrication
Fasterproms
Driftworks
19Bozzy92

Last edited:
Soldato
mightycarmods has to be up there, always doing something interesting and some of their 'feature films' are pretty good too

Associate
I watch a few of the ones mentioned so far but these haven't been said yet:

Car Throttle - Cheap car challenges & podcasts sometimes featuring interesting car guests. They seem to have rapport between them which makes it pretty easy to watch.
ChrisDrift - Amateur drifter. Worked his way from practice days through drift cup and then into British Drift Championship. Currently building his new 370z up to be ready for the next season.

Soldato
Savagegeese I quite like. Tends to put cars up on ramp to talk about the underside too. Opened my eyes to how well engineered the MX-5 during one of their videos.. Also did a bit on the Tesla M3 recently which I quite enjoyed. He gets quite technical

Associate
ViceGripGarage
AutoAuctionRebuilds
Weirdbeard
SouthMainAuto
PineHollowAutoDiagnostics
WatchJRGo

All have some good content.

Man of Honour
Shmee150 - Meh...

A frequent guest on his channel and/or vice versa Misha Charoudin has some interesting stuff - mostly based around the Nurburgring - not one I'd bother to watch every upload but some good videos. I have nothing against Shmee but I don't find his videos easy watching.

Soldato
Tyrell's Classic Workshop - a must if you like Harry's Garage.
SOUP Classic Motoring - Stop motion animated car restoration. Amazing to watch.
Restore It - Young guy who started off doing detailed videos of complete bar metal restorations of individual parts, but is working on a BMW E30 as a long term project.
Everyday Driver - some good content on here in the form of shootout style reviews.
The Late Brake Show - Previously called Car Pervert, hosted by Jonny Smith. Fantastic content. Definitely listen to the Smith & Sniff podcast with him and Richard Porter (of Sniff Petrol fame). Just those two talking about car related stuff, but it's bloody hilarious.
The Smoking Tire - The One Take videos are a nice format, short, sharp car reviews, usually on decent roads.
Tedward Drives - been watching a bit of this lately. He does PoV drives with binaural audio, and although they aren't always that thrilling, some of them are interesting.

Last edited:
Soldato
Big Clive - Takes apart chinesse electronics
8Bit Guy, Nostalgia Nerd, LGR - Retro computer channels
Mikes electric stuff - Builds custom LED lighting displays, but high on technical content and sometimes looses me
Colin Furze - Builds strange vehiles
AVE - General fabrication workshop stuff from canada

I've just realised this is motors rather than GD, oh well, some are relevant here!

Associate
I'm enjoying EvilGT at the moment, two guys (by their own admission) dont know a huge amount about the technical/mechanical side of things but have some solid banter, it also helps that I enjoy the modding side of car ownership.

Associate
Nori Yaro - Aussie in Japan covering drift/car scenes
Car Throttle - Alex and co, amusing japery
Rob Dahm - Rotary maniac
The Skid Factory - Al and Woody (oft seen in MCM)
Benny's Custom Works - Benny (oft seen in MCM)
Obsessed Garage - More detailing, but plenty of modifying going on
Angel Motorsports - Vargas bros, rotary stuff
Finnegans Garage - Finnegan from Roadkill
PFI Speed - Brent and Co; Honda
Regular Cars - The best review channel
The Lab - Kiwi guy, has put a GTR drivetrain in a Nissan March (Micra) does other cool stuff
Gingium - Builds weird things like a ej20 rally mx5, turbo mx5, LS Volvo
Hoonigan - Cali based, lots of different projects on the go from all the members, currently building a 10 second donk...
Motive Video - Aussie Skyline shop
Roads Untraveled - Canadian (i think) review channel

Back
Top Bottom