• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Intel Core i7-11700K beats Ryzen 9 5950X by 8% in Geekbench 5 single-core benchmark

Soldato
OP
people do care, I care - Nvidia is forcing me to look into custom water loop because the heat is too much

Still going to be the same amount of heat output with water buddy.. Water will just remove the heat from the GPU faster than air. The room you're in will still heat up by the same amount.

Soldato
OP
More good news!

Intel Core i9-11900K “Rocket Lake-S” breaks CPU-Z barrier of 700 points with all cores at 5.2 GHz

Intel Core i9-11900K overclocked to 5.2 GHz
According to a new leak from Chiphell, Intel’s upcoming flagship, the Core i9-11900K was able to break the 706 points barrier in the single-thread CPU-Z benchmark when all cores were set to 5.2 GHz. This means that CPU has a slightly higher result (1.6%) from yesterday’s 695 points but also a much higher multi-threaded score of 7198, which is 10% higher than yesterday’s 6522 points.

Assuming these are the same price as the current 10900k, £450-470, these will be great value for the best gaming CPU, compared to the almost £900 5950X.

Excited to see what ST scores this will see with both an overclock and tuned/optimized memory.

V F

V F

Soldato
Caporegime
The price must have just came down. They weren't below £500 a month ago.

And the 5950X is not nearly £900, they're available for delivery next week at £820 and often available at their £750 MRP. The guys a total fantasist

If he keeps chanting "best gaming cpu*", maybe it'll come true.

* at 1080P, with a 3090, in CSGO, at 300W TDP.

Soldato
Lets hope Intel's newest parts don't sink like a Pb balloon then! :D ;)
:D I'll let Dave do that for me. It really is quite a terrible indictment of Intel that they find themselves snookered behind the cue ball this badly in the first place. On the hand it also shows how good their engineers were that my 9700K may still be the fastest CPU for my usage in Q1 2021. :)

Caporegime
i dont get why people are surprised intel has done this for many years. amd release on the end of intel chips so it makes them look superior then intel release new gen and well thats it.

V F

V F

Soldato
i dont get why people are surprised intel has done this for many years. amd release on the end of intel chips so it makes them look superior then intel release new gen and well thats it.

Nobody said that. I don't see anybody acting surprised. I do see somebody trying to rile up a bit of hype however.

Soldato
I wont bother with ryzen CPU's All the guys who I game online with have some issue with them be it crashing or other strange stuff going on. With intel you plumb it together and it works..

Associate
In 2019, Intel generated a record $33.1 billion cash from operations and $16.9 billion of free cash flow

For fiscal year 2019, the company reported revenue of $6.73 billion, operating income of $631 million
(amd)

I mean AMD fanboys are the most toxic, said that all fanboys are pretty much as stupid as it gets, however we need competition so you should all be happy AMD and Intel fights in the market.

Now said that just looking at money, Intel could eat AMD R&D in a second, fact is their 14nm node is way way way more efficient (not power efficient) so they fell behind when AMD took the lead with architectural change plus node change. Intel with 10nm will be the same all over again and surely enough that will too last a few years as efficiency wise is in par with 7nm from their competitor's manufacturer.

People should read more and stop buying into marketing from any corporate, Nvidia in primis with fancy name for underwhelming cards, Intel too and also AMD with nm nonsense... unless we talk about mobile where each W count, if you spend £2.5k on a PC I doubt you look at £100 per year more in electricity bill else you would not even look at shocking 350w GPU from Ngreedia :D

I welcome these new CPUs as AMD pricing is ridiculous, also intel makes their own stuff so they will have them for sales if they want to as they do not need to fight with Apple for a node.

Not saying that AMD doesn't deserve a premium but their platform isn't as mature to justify a £50 increase, let alone the inflated prices one sees now, just reading this very own forum is packed with people with issues that as someone stated up here you rarely (99% of cases you do not) get with Intel, was reading some threads right now as I was looking for a 5900x as I do a fair bit of 3D so extra cores would help.

It is all good for us ultimately whether one prefers the colour blue or red, eventually they both wants to rob you as much as Nvidia does (okay maybe not as much as Nvidia as they are a borderline scam) so let them fight for it so ultimately you get a better off deal....... :)

Last edited:

V F

V F

Soldato
I wont bother with ryzen CPU's All the guys who I game online with have some issue with them be it crashing or other strange stuff going on. With intel you plumb it together and it works..

I have been reading numerous BIOS issues for months across all manufacturers. Including quite a number with Creative cards in their Ryzen systems. Not everybody but there is a lot of issues. Some required new CPUs, some new motherboards or some new BIOS fixes months later.

The worst being so many has memory issues, some cannot run their memory at the advertised speeds without dropping the frequency to eradicate the errors. Which in turn falls back to BIOS issues.

(amd)

I mean AMD fanboys are the most toxic, said that all fanboys are pretty much as stupid as it gets, however we need competition so you should all be happy AMD and Intel fights in the market.

Now said that just looking at money, Intel could eat AMD R&D in a second, fact is their 14nm node is way way way more efficient (not power efficient) so they fell behind when AMD took the lead with architectural change plus node change. Intel with 10nm will be the same all over again and surely enough that will too last a few years as efficiency wise is in par with 7nm from their competitor's manufacturer.

People should read more and stop buying into marketing from any corporate, Nvidia in primis with fancy name for underwhelming cards, Intel too and also AMD with nm nonsense... unless we talk about mobile where each W count, if you spend £2.5k on a PC I doubt you look at £100 per year more in electricity bill else you would not even look at shocking 350w GPU from Ngreedia :D

I welcome these new CPUs as AMD pricing is ridiculous, also intel makes their own stuff so they will have them for sales if they want to as they do not need to fight with Apple for a node.

Not saying that AMD doesn't deserve a premium but their platform isn't as mature to justify a £50 increase, let alone the inflated prices one sees now, just reading this very own forum is packed with people with issues that as someone stated up here you rarely (99% of cases you do not) get with Intel, was reading some threads right now as I was looking for a 5900x as I do a fair bit of 3D so extra cores would help.

It is all good for us ultimately whether one prefers the colour blue or red, eventually they both wants to rob you as much as Nvidia does (okay maybe not as much as Nvidia as they are a borderline scam) so let them fight for it so ultimately you get a better off deal....... :)

Good luck with that. You should know the power of advertising. Hello Cyberpunk.

Caporegime
Nobody said that. I don't see anybody acting surprised. I do see somebody trying to rile up a bit of hype however.

no riling up the funny thing is i said months ago that amd loyal people will buy amd regardless of issues. which you can clearly see on the forums.

thing about intel cpus you drop em in they work. even last gen are as fast as new gen amd cpus which are over priced. no bait just truth. often from people who own amd cpus. this forum is pro amd also. so even when new intel cpus come out rinse amd cpus it will just be the normal defense.

Associate
Nothing, but when the metric used to measure that is "at 1080p with everything turned to minimum we can get 280FPS instead to the competition's 270" it's pretty meaningless. Intel have been (ab)using these sorts of figures to claim a lead for a while now, and it's pretty sad. It's not really a myth, these are the sorts of settings they were using to show that they were better, because it was all they had left.

We all want them to do better, we all want competition in the market, but honest competition rather than "can squeeze out 1% more in unrealistic benchmarks, but is actually worse in every other situation"

For years, nearly all the hardware reviewers had the same basic methodology for gaming cpu tests. They would arbitrarily reduce the resolution and detail levels.
This is just to remove the gpu as a potential bottleneck, it was never supposed to be a genuine use case.

There are other metrics out there (which I've already mentioned) that show cpu performance in a different light. You seem to be confusing the base average framerate 1080p metric with other more genuine use cases.

Soldato
Good on Intel for grabbing a benchmark but uncooperative on power consumption rules them out for me. No way is a few percentage point uplift worth best part of 100W more power/heat.

Associate
£450-470, these will be great value for the best gaming CPU

No, they'll be poor value compared to the 5800X, which is all they're really competing against with their lousy 8 cores.

For years, nearly all the hardware reviewers had the same basic methodology for gaming cpu tests. They would arbitrarily reduce the resolution and detail levels.
This is just to remove the gpu as a potential bottleneck, it was never supposed to be a genuine use case.

And these are the ones intel tended to win.

Soldato

I'm thinking your gaming friends don't know how to build a PC. I've had very few issues with either AMD or Intel. The usual culprit is not keeping drivers up-to-date or crappy third party software causing issues. Poor quality power supplies and running GPUs off one cable have also caused instability. If the hardware was inherently flawed everyone would get the same issues.

Associate
I'm thinking your gaming friends don't know how to build a PC. I've had very few issues with either AMD or Intel. The usual culprit is not keeping drivers up-to-date or crappy third party software causing issues. Poor quality power supplies and running GPUs off one cable have also caused instability. If the hardware was inherently flawed everyone would get the same issues.

Seems a slight exaggeration as I used to play pubg with locky, dg etc and never had any issues with my 2700x, or my 3900x. Pretty sure Essex and others also had ryzen systems and don't recall anyone having any issues :confused:

Associate
Okay but Intel is stopping at 8 cores so it's basically useless for anything other than gaming, sorry not sorry.

I'd still rather a 5950X with newer architecture and less power consumption.

Associate
More good news!

Intel Core i9-11900K “Rocket Lake-S” breaks CPU-Z barrier of 700 points with all cores at 5.2 GHz

Assuming these are the same price as the current 10900k, £450-470, these will be great value for the best gaming CPU, compared to the almost £900 5950X.

Excited to see what ST scores this will see with both an overclock and tuned/optimized memory.

Shop around. I got my 5950X just before Christmas for £750. I excpect i will go back to Intel but i reckon it will be a few years yet before Intel is back on top

Back
Top Bottom