The Indoor Riding/ Zwift/ TrainerRoad etc. Thread

Soldato
Uploading fit files often doesn't give credit, unfortunately. I guess they do it to avoid attemps to cheat it?
Have never found this ever, long as you put it as the right ride type it's just like if you were uploading from a garmin direct without WiFi or Bluetooth etc. As long as its set to the right type and viewable to everyone it'll count.

Caporegime
Weird when I've done it in the past I didn't get credit for challenges. I tried changing ride type without luck unfortunately. Ach well I think I'll be a few KMs short this year, still got 250 to go!

Soldato
I uploaded my Zwift ride yesterday manually. Just joined Festive 500 challenge (discovered I only have 50km or so required left so rude not to..). The ride has counted towards the challenge.

Also, first time doing more than an hour or so on the turbo. Was a bit mind numbing but I watched some of the weekends cyclocross and youtube to pass the time.

Soldato
Anyone with Elite trainers had BT issues on Windows? Direto XR only visible as power/cadence on Zwift not as a "controllable". Oddly a Direto X was absolutely fine. I guess maybe they changed chipset but seems unlikely.

Soldato
After upgrading graphics drivers due to crashing Zwift exe last week.

Did 45 minutes tonight then game hung as if I was having a network error, 30 seconds later BSOD....

Grrrrr good job I wasn’t trying to do festive 500. Run the fit file through zwiftaliser and showed fine, but Strava says it’s corrupted for upload.

Soldato
Anyone with Elite trainers had BT issues on Windows? Direto XR only visible as power/cadence on Zwift not as a "controllable". Oddly a Direto X was absolutely fine. I guess maybe they changed chipset but seems unlikely.

Are you latest patch level on Win10?
I installed the last feature update and it has murdered my solid bluetooth connection.
I now have to reboot my laptop every time I want to use Zwift as it simply doesn't pickup my Kickr at all in Windows nor in Zwift. Win10 feature update definitely screwed something and I have never found out what.....
Prior to that update I had well over 16 months of nothing but solid bluetooth connection with no drama. It was quicker at pairing, quicker at scanning and never lost connection.

Soldato
Are you latest patch level on Win10?
I installed the last feature update and it has murdered my solid bluetooth connection.
I now have to reboot my laptop every time I want to use Zwift as it simply doesn't pickup my Kickr at all in Windows nor in Zwift. Win10 feature update definitely screwed something and I have never found out what.....
Prior to that update I had well over 16 months of nothing but solid bluetooth connection with no drama. It was quicker at pairing, quicker at scanning and never lost connection.

I've no idea actually. I'll have to check. It's not my laptop or trainer. I've ordered them an ANT+ stick anyway (I see the pandemic increased those prices too!)

Soldato
Trying to troubleshoot. Reinstalled Zwift and had a BSOD while doing nothing on the PC.

Possibly Nvidia 460.89 drivers I had updated to reading forums, issues with other games. There is a New update to 460.97 but windows 10 only.

Going back to 460.79..., downloading now....

Otherwise possible faulty hardware..,? Nothing changed in 2-3 years though.

Caporegime
Arg ran out of time to complete the festive 500. Managed a 202Km ride this morning but still fell short; too busy this week! Congrats to those who finished it.

Caporegime
Literally snap!
I couldn't really give a monkeys about it this year but there was literally nothing else to do today so I did a 200k to complete it.

Chapeau!
I know, you bugger. You did 1 more mile than I did, and 50 minutes quicker to boot :p.

To be fair, I was practising my Ironman ride which I did in just over 5 hours (happy with that); then I saw 182km and thought.. you know what, I have to hit 200 now!

Caporegime
202km? That's some turbo ride. I did 80 odd the other day and that's the most I've ever sat through inside.
Hehe it wasn't actually too bad. I didn't push it too hard, just sat at around 220W and put some chow yun fat films on. Whats more bizarre is that I don't actually feel like my legs are tired! My hips on the other hand...

Soldato
I know, you bugger. You did 1 more mile than I did, and 50 minutes quicker to boot :p.

To be fair, I was practising my Ironman ride which I did in just over 5 hours (happy with that); then I saw 182km and thought.. you know what, I have to hit 200 now!

Haha sorry!
I was binge watching sex education on Netflix and just carried on. I had a lull at about 90 miles but then felt pretty good near the end.
To think we have to run a marathon after 5 hours or so of riding!!

Soldato
Trying to troubleshoot. Reinstalled Zwift and had a BSOD while doing nothing on the PC.

Possibly Nvidia 460.89 drivers I had updated to reading forums, issues with other games. There is a New update to 460.97 but windows 10 only.

Going back to 460.79..., downloading now....

Otherwise possible faulty hardware..,? Nothing changed in 2-3 years though.

Did an hour tonight and no crashing or issues! Left Zwift running for 15 mins before I started riding too so a bit longer uptime. Fingers crossed the older driver has solved it!

Associate
I've signed up to the tour de zwift starting on 4 January, but as a total newb, I'm not sure how it works.

There are several stages and each stage has an option of a, b and c rides to choose from. If I just choose the c ride for each stage do I still qualify as completing it? Or do you have to do all three options of a, b and c?

Also, do you get any further in game goodies or benefits from doing all three options of a, b and c? Some of the 'a' ride options look to be way beyond my capabilities.

Thanks for any input :)

Associate
Did an hour tonight and no crashing or issues! Left Zwift running for 15 mins before I started riding too so a bit longer uptime. Fingers crossed the older driver has solved it!

Yesterday my setup glitched for the first time. It started with power data disappearing then coming back a few times, and then the PC locked up completely. Today I got a couple of short power data drops, but no crash. Guess I'll be doing some investigating too.

Does anyone know how to tell whether ANT+ or BT is being used to connect to sensors? I've got a USB ANT+ dongle plugged into my laptop but don't know which is being used or whether one tends to be more reliable than the other.

I've signed up to the tour de zwift starting on 4 January, but as a total newb, I'm not sure how it works.

There are several stages and each stage has an option of a, b and c rides to choose from. If I just choose the c ride for each stage do I still qualify as completing it? Or do you have to do all three options of a, b and c?

Also, do you get any further in game goodies or benefits from doing all three options of a, b and c? Some of the 'a' ride options look to be way beyond my capabilities.

Thanks for any input :)

I'm in the same boat (or maybe saddle). My reading is that you only have to do one of the rides per stage, and that the options are of different length/difficulty to cater for different riders. Whether that affects points/drops/goodies I'm not sure.

Associate
Does anyone know how to tell whether ANT+ or BT is being used to connect to sensors? I've got a USB ANT+ dongle plugged into my laptop but don't know which is being used or whether one tends to be more reliable than the other.
I think I might have answered my own question. In zwift it's showing as connecting using FE-C which I think is ANT+ (bluetooth would show FTMS). I'll try pulling out the ANT+ dongle to see if it connects using BLE and see how that goes. It would be nice to know what has caused this problem to start, but having a way of avoiding the problem when 20km or so into a ride would be good enough.

Back
Top Bottom