*** Cyberpunk 2077 ***

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
You've completed around 0.4% of the game so far in 30mins of play (based on 120hrs to fully complete) so if you're already bored then I'm not really sure this game is for you. It maybe better to spend your time on something you'll enjoy more?
Actually I did it in 72 hours. There is nothing at all left to do now (well, no missions of any kind). I have all the cars, can confirm I did every mission as I have the achievements which some show only 1.3% of people unlocked so far. No blue or yellow icons left on map now :D

Only thing left to do for me now is try out different endings, further explore, try different builds and level up things like quickhacking to try and get it to level 20.

Soldato
Yeah I can’t see me completing it I’m not really feeling the urge to pick it back up again. The graphics are ok but not exactly mind blowing (can’t really run it with all the eye candy without turning into a slideshow) and the gameplay seems like it just takes a load of different elements of other games and combines them in this game, nothing mind blowing as of yet. Bang average in my limited opinion.

what GPU and settings?

Associate
Completed this finally. 90 hours on hard mode. Did most of the side jobs that popped up from general exploring, but I didn't go out of my way to find every little question mark on the map (there's probably a lot more I could do if I bothered to do them, but I won't). Overall, I would say my overriding feeling is that it's a bit of an empty experience that's a bit smokes and mirrors.

Visually, yes, it is stunning. Even late into the game, I still found myself in awe at the graphics in certain locations. For the most part it ran above 60fps, with a few dips to 30-50fps.

But the world just feels a bit lifeless and empty. You go to a city, and 90% of the doors are locked and don't offer anything. The cities are all so humongous but filled with fluff with almost zero memorable or meaningful characters from each city, so you don't build any sort of rapport or emotional connection with the different areas or factions. I don't know if that's a bit of a weird criticism, but in Fallout 4, I felt safe in Sanctuary because that's the first settlement you come across, and a lot of people can see it as "home". Goodneighbour was interesting because of Hancock, Diamond City the "big capital" with Piper etc., but I didn't feel any of that in this. It was all just a bunch of glitzy lights.

I felt the way the side characters who you do build somewhat of a relationship with, they're kind of just shoehorned into the main story literally in the last 2 hours of the game. Their motivation in some of the cases didn't really make much sense to me.

I'd probably give it a 6.5/10.

Caporegime
Anyone think athletics is a bit broken? I was nearly level 40 and it had only got up to level 4, despite having 10 points in that actual skill area.

In the end I took advantage of an exploit to get it quickly to level 10 as IMO the game was so slow to dole out points, even though I was double jumping around the place.

Associate
My biggest problem with this game, aside from all the bugs and obvious issues, is the really poor way characters are introduced and V's complete lack of agency in the world. It's pretty damn shocking tbh...

I'm now 70 hours in and aside from a few side missions I find myself so uninterested in most of the quests and characters because nothing is grown or developed over time (aside from Silverhand.) I also find characters' behaviour and relationship with V doesn't quite add up, like you meet a character, do a quest or two with them, and then they act like you're best friends or more.

Then there's the randoms that phone you with no ingame introductions, no establishing backstory before contact, zero pacing consideration, lore or relationship building, just out of nowhere: *Phone rings* "V - my name is Blah, I've got work for you, keep in touch." Who the hell are you guy!? This happened so much as soon as the prologue ended, it was really poor. I also found it so weird that a police woman keeps ringing me for jobs all the time, especially considering the game is telling me that V is a wannabe big time criminal.

Even GTA, a game that isn't an RPG, introduces new characters in a far more logical and natural way. Of all the issues with CP2077 I find this to be the most perplexing personally, especially considering these are the guys that made the Witcher games. It just doesn't make sense to me, you'd think this would be the one area of the game they would have nailed.

While pottering around the city doing random things, I couldn't help but feel V would have been a much better protagonist if they actually gave him a purpose. Like made him a special agent presumably sent into Night City to fight the threat of corporate power and corruption to the government, and while following leads he tracks people down, comes face to face with the different gang heads, explores their lore, meets extreme Cyberpunk characters, tackles some horrible crime and corruption, and on the way he discovers more about his past, that he's got deeper ties with Arasaka and comes to second guess his work and who he is. Maybe it leads him to choosing a different path or something.

I know it's a bit Blade Runner'y but at least it would have actually given V agency in Night City, someone the characters could bounce off instead of just some wannabe blank slate whose motivations I can't understand. It would have helped the moral dilemma the game has too (given that V is just another horrible psychopath in the City like everyone else)- His moral dichotomy with the city would have been such a rich angle for the player to explore the world and meet its characters.

I'm fairly certain the idea behind the current V is to "let the player choose" who he is, and that would be fine if the game had a system in place to facilitate it. But there's nothing we can do to stop V getting in Dexter's car...

It's so weird, I expected so much more narratively from this game. It feels like it's been done by a completely different developer.

There's varying levels of details and character development for each type of quest. The main problem with the side quests is that there's so many and you're free to pursue them in approximately any order you want, that it can get confusing. There is major quest lines and romance options for 4 main characters, Panam, kerry, Judy and River each with their own accompanying story arc which includes a fair bit of pure narrative and character building that doesn't have anything to do with the main plot or any kind of combat, it's pure world building.

A lot of the other characters are fixers, they're the people who organize job contracts between the mercs such as yourself and the clients, they're local to the different physical locations around the maps, so as you drive into a new location for the first time they introduce themselves and then later open up the contracts for you to do jobs there, they're not random people the relationship of the fixers and how all of that works is explained in dialogue during the game.

Where I do agree there might be a problem is the lack of structure in introductions, I think you need to go down the main mission path and visit the Afterlife bar to really get a good idea of how the entire fixer system works and how mercs get contracts and all that good stuff. The game should probably hand hold you a little bit more to get those ideas in place so the side missions make more sense. The actual motivations of V are somewhat left for the player to fill in the blanks because at the bottom of it all, it's still very much a role playing game, the game can't force you to be a psychpath that's maybe how you're playing your character, I've played a 100% non-lethal character so far and always knocked out people and stealthed missions rather than turning things into a bloodbath. Too much structure and you ruin the players ability to play in their own style. Re-playability will be a big thing for this game because after I finish my first run throuh as stealth non-lethal corpo, I can pick another life path like street kid, and maybe do a melee build that focuses on swords and blades, and focus more on the body stat and therefore implants and more brute force. And then re-play again with the 3rd life path and focus on a guns blazing heavy machine gun kinda guy big on shotguns and explosions. It's just worth noting that much of what you're describing is just how you've built your specific character.

Also the difference in unconscious and dead is utterly stupid in this game also.
At least in Deus Ex TWENTY years ago, it made it clear to you which effect was on what char.
In this you batter everyone down with a bat. They wiggle on the floor.
Complete mission, after you're finished looting, go round with a pistol, headshot everyone to claim the XP a second time, and up your 'cold blood' rating but killing them all in a very short time frame.
Rewarded twice for executions, yup, that makes sense in no way at all.

Er generally unconscious they may writhe in pain on the floor for a while and then stop moving, but the big difference is there's no blood pool underneath them and no dismembered limbs.

It's worth nothing that your main level doesn't really mean as much in this game it's kind of just a source of points to put into your attributes and unlock the conditions for specific perks inside those attributes. Each attribute has its own internal perk trees and those trees have their own experience stats and their own level. And you level up those sub-attributes by doing things related to them, so to level up melee abilities inside the body attribute you have to melee attack people or do things in game which require feats of strength like pry open doors. And then if you go and shoot a bunch of people in the head once they're unconscious you'll get exp for that as well but you'll be leveling the trees under the reflex attribute that relate to whatever gun you're using. So you essentially become whatever kind of character you play as, if you do a lot of stealth for example more stealth bonuses will open up to you. You never get enough points to be able to max out even a fraction of everything so while you can go around say knocking people out non lethal and then subsequently killing them with a gun or explosives, it's unlikely you'll ever max both those trees unless you want that as a really specific build, I don't know why you would they have little synergy together. The level in any sub-attribute can't exceed the amount of points actually in that attribute and you can max them out real fast.

Soldato
Yes, the problem is, the bugged issue with the game do mean that is it very hard to achieve your desired pathway.
Stealth, knock out, dump them in the bin (explosively loudly) doesn't always get points.
+20 athletic happens at utterly random times, unless the caching is so delayed it is for a double jump I made 5 minutes ago, its actually very hard to track.
One doesn't even get cold blood each time one kills several from stealth in a row.

It should happen the way you suggest but it doesn't, dead don't always have blood pools, and if a baseball bat causes missing limbs, that's rather impressive and utterly non-immersive.

Associate
Anyone think athletics is a bit broken? I was nearly level 40 and it had only got up to level 4, despite having 10 points in that actual skill area.

In the end I took advantage of an exploit to get it quickly to level 10 as IMO the game was so slow to dole out points, even though I was double jumping around the place.

Again it's a learn through doing kinda situation, so you need to basically do actions that use up the stamina bar, melee attacks, dodging, sliding, mantling and essentially parkour stuff. I think you might also get it for grabbing enemies in stealth I'm not sure. But the primary synergy the body attribute has in the game is with the cyberware body mods, they have hard caps in the body attribute to equip them and I think you want to be focusing on those and specifically the berserk mod which from what I've read is a good source of exp for body.

Of all the things that are annoying for the game it's probably the lack of information on this stuff that's the worst. It kinda blindsides many players that there's skill progression inside of each attribute and quite how that is calculated and how it caps off and things like that. It's especially useful to know that skill exp is wasted once the skill level hits the attribute level cap. So some thought on what you level and in which order is important.

Associate
Yes, the problem is, the bugged issue with the game do mean that is it very hard to achieve your desired pathway.
Stealth, knock out, dump them in the bin (explosively loudly) doesn't always get points.
+20 athletic happens at utterly random times, unless the caching is so delayed it is for a double jump I made 5 minutes ago, its actually very hard to track.
One doesn't even get cold blood each time one kills several from stealth in a row.

It should happen the way you suggest but it doesn't, dead don't always have blood pools, and if a baseball bat causes missing limbs, that's rather impressive and utterly non-immersive.

It may not be a bug. Keep in mind that skills inside of specific attributes can only level up to match your level in the attribute. So if you're level 10 in cool for example, and you're level 10 in the stealth skill then it's capped you can no longer earn exp towards stealth until you've spent another point into cool. It's not that exp isn't applied, it's outright not earned for those actions anymore.

The queue on the HUD can become very delayed, each HUD notification takes a second or so, but you can queue loads up really fast especially in certain circumstances. I found this was happening a lot near end game for me. With a 1 hit kill pistol and slow motion you can take out entire gangs in about 2 seconds of game time, and then run around looting and doing actions that earn exp in rapid succession, and the queue just builds up super fast, any new action added to the queue appears delayed until it has cleared.

I dunno what melee if any can cause missing limbs, I'm just saying that missing limbs is a sign of death. I don't really recall ever seeing blood pools under any of the people I "killed" with my non-lethal pistol, I tested this out early in the game to check if it was genuinely being non lethal. The only bugs I've had with regards to death vs unconscious is occasionally putting down an unconscious body you're carrying, back into the world somewhere, especially where cramped against objects, could result in them dying from what I presume is false fall or crush damage from the environment. But was quite rare. I also think the unconscious people still have blinking and other very minor animations when on the ground. I'm certainly not saying it's bug free though, just that I didn't have any bugs with it.

Caporegime
Without the bugs this game would be a 10/10.

Just finishing it now
But encountered a bug where I couldn't finish a side mission.

Then during my last mission encountered the crushing consequence of that lol.

Soldato
Just completed this... for me I really liked it. Only other PC games I have completed in the last 5 years are the 3 wolfenstien games and Doom (2016).

Kept my interest from start to finish 9/10

(When I said finished, main quest only, completed at level 14)

Caporegime
I had an issue earlier with an NCPD dispatcher mission where 2 enemies turned invincible. Literally shot them, wacked them, everything and though their health bars hit zero, they were still alive.

I had to walk away from the fight, then go back and sneak up/take them out from behind to finish the mission.

Caporegime
I had an issue earlier with an NCPD dispatcher mission where 2 enemies turned invincible. Literally shot them, wacked them, everything and though their health bars hit zero, they were still alive.

I had to walk away from the fight, then go back and sneak up/take them out from behind to finish the mission.
had the same as well but for me I think I completed the mission then the other 2 guys around became invincible

Soldato

Shoul you encounter this again the quicker "fix" is to use a quickhack with a damage output on them as this seems to reset their invulnerability. I used Cyberware Malfunction but it should work with any that have a damage output (so don't use Ping etc).

Associate
Shoul you encounter this again the quicker "fix" is to use a quickhack with a damage output on them as this seems to reset their invulnerability. I used Cyberware Malfunction but it should work with any that have a damage output (so don't use Ping etc).

This has only happened to me once, but my character is primarily a quickhacker. The damaging quickhacks just didn't work. I had to hide then grab to eventually kill it.

Back
Top Bottom