Need For Speed HEAT (going back to its roots?)

Soldato
I'm having major issues getting this game to load.

Once the game loads it totally corrupts the video output of my card going ask pixelated and polarised with a word colour palette. This is only if it goes full screen though. It's the only game I have that does it do not sure where to start the trouble shooting. Nightmare.

Soldato
I must confess, after playing the trial for over 5 hours I really enjoy the game to the extent I will prolly buy it after I use my 10 hours ;p

Associate
NFS Rivals has been a staple on my HDD. I quite like the world they have & just driving around, and the soundtrack is just right. I play it very much like Forza Horizon 4. That being said, I feel like ever since NFS Underground they haven't been able to really deliver a spectacular game. Then again, with EA looking over your shoulder, hard to find creativity. Poor Criterion Games, for example, has been relegated to making BF V modes, as if Dice's dumpster fire could be put out. Sadly with EA studios whenever they make a hit it's mostly a fluke and rarely replicated. It is what it is.

NFS rivals is the only soundtrack at all of the games that I still listen to a regular basis, just love it

Associate
Since when? I've always had 2FA enabled and haven't received a free month.

I got a random e-mail from Origin saying thanks for redeeming a 1 month access code - I thought it was a phishing attempt tbh.
After a little googling it seems they are giving away (in waves) a free month to the people that had 2FA on. Like you I have always used it.

Soldato
I got a random e-mail from Origin saying thanks for redeeming a 1 month access code - I thought it was a phishing attempt tbh.
After a little googling it seems they are giving away (in waves) a free month to the people that had 2FA on. Like you I have always used it.
Same, changed my password thinking my account got hacked but its the 2FA thing. I ended up getting the full game as it gets better, I have most of the NFS games, normally get them when on sale.

Soldato
Is there anyway to change the handling? Seems like it's auto drift around corners and the handling seems a bit stiff.

You can change your driving/steering style ingame, if you press right on the pad a small window appears where you can change from drift to brake.

It also depends on the parts you equip which all alter your handling.

C64

C64

Soldato
I've felt for a long time the trouble with the nfs series is they haven't concentrated on the core physics and driving feel depth since the early days
it's like the fast n furious of racing games now

I wish they'd go back in the need for speed porsche direction

Back
Top Bottom