RC cars

Caporegime
To any experienced and expert rc guys out there is you had upto £150 to spend (second hand is cool) for a nitro rally style car - what chassis/brand/kit would you look out for?

Mainly road, track, light gravel use.

Car shell like a Lancia Delta, Subaru, Evo etc ideally

Soldato
That’s sensible. I’m 2 days into having a big Rock. One battery has already had to be retired but other than that, great fun.

Had a tumble, the battery slid out of the harness and got damaged and then started to blister/leak at one end. An expensive mistake but better to retire it than have a house fire...

Soldato
That’s sensible. I’m 2 days into having a big Rock. One battery has already had to be retired but other than that, great fun.

Had a tumble, the battery slid out of the harness and got damaged and then started to blister/leak at one end. An expensive mistake but better to retire it than have a house fire...

ouch i would freak if i saw a battery doing that.

Soldato
Well it reinforces all of the stuff I’ve read about LiPo safety! Now on the hunt for some hard case lower mah battery’s - less expensive if there are any issues!

On that, does anyone have any experience of cheaper 3S battery’s? Looking at Goldbat, Zeee and a few others? Seeing as I destroyed a £65 3S on its second run I thought a cheaper alternative might be sensible!

Associate
Well it reinforces all of the stuff I’ve read about LiPo safety! Now on the hunt for some hard case lower mah battery’s - less expensive if there are any issues!

On that, does anyone have any experience of cheaper 3S battery’s? Looking at Goldbat, Zeee and a few others? Seeing as I destroyed a £65 3S on its second run I thought a cheaper alternative might be sensible!

Not huge amount of mAh but I find these to be good https://www.modelsport.co.uk/gens-ace-lipo-3s-11-1v-4000-50c-lcg-ec5-plug/rc-car-products/447707 and will fit in the Big Rock.

Soldato
got the kronos today but cannae run it yet as im waiting on xt90 to deans leads coming as all my batteries are on deans, the thing is massive and makes my 1/8th hyper vse look a bit on the small side, put in a speccy rx earlier so i can use the dx5c, i have a feeling this thing is gonna rip :D

registered with corally as well with a pic of my receipt to see about getting a cheap upgrade package.

1yT3Zux.jpg

ZBPu1uP.jpg

GSjtsLi.jpg

ilkE4Lf.jpg.png

Soldato
Guys any thoughts on entry level nitro?

Currently in my eye are either Kyosho fw05 or a HPI RS4 3 RTR or Evo model around £150-200.

im not sure about the specific models you mentioned but i did have a kyosho dbx before and it was horrendous, had hpi mt2's and they were good.

i would advise to save up a bit more and get a hyper 7, rock solid proven platform :)

Man of Honour
Kronos looks great. Running it yet?

My kids got Corally Moxoo and Mammoth (identical 2 wheel drive 1:10 rigs with different bodies) for Christmas. Impressed with them so far.

Here is my Axial scx10ii built from kit over chirstmas with killerbody LC70
Y47YcJL

Y47YcJL.jpg

Ppm0CbC.jpg

Ppm0CbC

Soldato
Kronos looks great. Running it yet?

My kids got Corally Moxoo and Mammoth (identical 2 wheel drive 1:10 rigs with different bodies) for Christmas. Impressed with them so far.

Here is my Axial scx10ii built from kit over chirstmas with killerbody LC70
Y47YcJL

Y47YcJL.jpg

Ppm0CbC.jpg

Ppm0CbC

looking good there :)

yeh had the kronos out once on 4s and it is a total beast, the tyres sound like thunder and it can wheely, registered it and awaiting a version 2 upgrade pack thats worth 180 quid for just 40 quid https://corally.com/Pieces-Options/Service-Packs/Team-Corally-Service-Pack-2-Kronos-C-00170/

pretty immpressed with corally so far and have a triton as well which is similar to the moxoo/mammoth :)

Man of Honour
looking good there :)

yeh had the kronos out once on 4s and it is a total beast, the tyres sound like thunder and it can wheely, registered it and awaiting a version 2 upgrade pack thats worth 180 quid for just 40 quid https://corally.com/Pieces-Options/Service-Packs/Team-Corally-Service-Pack-2-Kronos-C-00170/

pretty immpressed with corally so far and have a triton as well which is similar to the moxoo/mammoth :)

Nice deal re the upgrade pack.

I'm really impressed with the corally trucks we have. I think Triton is same chassis set up with a smaller wheel base isn't it? Two broken parts so far on ours One steering knuckle on Christmas day as my son found the only tree in a square mile at full tilt and a broken link on a rear bumper after repeated landings on it. Quite a few packs through them so not at all bad.

I am in final throws of converting an RC10GT to electric and have new shocks for my axial as little projects may be for this weeked. i converted my T-maxx a while back and quite satisfying breathing new life into old kit.

I have pre-ordered an Axial Ryft rock bouncer which I'm excited about. We got an 1:24 scale Axial this week as well. I think I am enjoying getting back into RC cars (mostly planes of late) far more than my kids.

Soldato
Nice deal re the upgrade pack.

I'm really impressed with the corally trucks we have. I think Triton is same chassis set up with a smaller wheel base isn't it? Two broken parts so far on ours One steering knuckle on Christmas day as my son found the only tree in a square mile at full tilt and a broken link on a rear bumper after repeated landings on it. Quite a few packs through them so not at all bad.

I am in final throws of converting an RC10GT to electric and have new shocks for my axial as little projects may be for this weeked. i converted my T-maxx a while back and quite satisfying breathing new life into old kit.

I have pre-ordered an Axial Ryft rock bouncer which I'm excited about. We got an 1:24 scale Axial this week as well. I think I am enjoying getting back into RC cars (mostly planes of late) far more than my kids.

hehe getting pricey this hobby :p

yeh think the triton is a smaller wheelbase, is that the axial scx24 you got? i love my one :)

got the kronos parts yesterday and they chucked in a free pit mat as well :D

PivaFSD.jpg

Man of Honour
Nice. Yep I have the deadbolt scx24. We've got a few small scale road cars and a mini z track too but that is put away at the moment as wife only tollerates it occasionally!

Caporegime
im not sure about the specific models you mentioned but i did have a kyosho dbx before and it was horrendous, had hpi mt2's and they were good.

i would advise to save up a bit more and get a hyper 7, rock solid proven platform :)

Yeah thats what I'm doing, I'm going to convert a hyper 7 into a rally car. I already have the rally body just waiting for a decent deal on a hyper 7 or hyper vs now.

Back
Top Bottom