Greenlizard0 PL & Championship Football Thread ** spoilers ** [1st - 4th Jan 2021]

Caporegime
Not convinced he has improved players 10 fold. Fernandes has improved the team massively because he is picking passes and transitions which is something we were sorely missing. He doesn't try to hold off a man and beat him 3 times before making a pass like Pogba.

AWB doesn't come off as the brightest of buttons does he.

You mention Fernandes and there is no doubt he has almost had a Cantona effect on United but yesterday's goal was set up by Pogba to Rashford then AWB assist and Pogba was far more influential last night with his passing.

What I do say is that Fernandes brings leadership and raises players around him in a similar way to Keane, Viera etc.

Also all the top teams have that one player that they cannot do without. City without Aguero/Kevin, Liverpool without VVD, Salah and Mane etc.

Soldato
I guess you didn't see Tyrone Mings elbow to the face then.

There was also one where Shaw "skinned" as you put it one of their players who fell over with little to no contact to be rewarded a free kick.

I did and was going to mention it at the time but couldnt be bothered. Its a debatable one but it is Mings so he probably tried to leave one in as he is a dirty moron.

Im convinced Ole gave instructions to kick Grealish out of the game. I know he can go down easily but the amount of times United players left a bit on him was ridiculous. He was fouled 8 times and some were naughty aswell. Add in that, the LOL body check from Shaw and the ridiculous penalty you cannot possibly argue that the ref favoured Villa.

Grealish was fouled 8 times himself. The whole United line up was fouled...8 times (using sofascore).

fez

fez

Caporegime
We should have fouled him more! Gave him far too much space. Seriously though, everything goes through him and he’s very hard to dispossess. There is a reason he is the most fouled player in the league (I think).

Got a feeling Leeds are going to get spanked today. Perfect game for Spurs. Defend deep and Kane and Son will kill them on the counter.

Caporegime
He also goes to ground incredibly easy. I don't think the instructions were to foul him, just to stay tight on him and not allow him to control the game. McT did a great job with that (less so with the ball when we had it)

Soldato
Sheffield United are doomed. 35 minutes and not a single attempt made vs Palace. They had a break a bit earlier and when McGoldrick looked up there wasn't a team mate even on screen let alone in the box.

Associate
Sheffield United are doomed. 35 minutes and not a single attempt made vs Palace. They had a break a bit earlier and when McGoldrick looked up there wasn't a team mate even on screen let alone in the box.
They'll be on for the lowest points total

Back
Top Bottom