• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

ASUS confirms ROG STRIX GeForce RTX 3080 Ti graphics card with 20GB memory

Permabanned
asus-rtx3080ti-listing.jpg

That little pic from the Asus website says it all!

Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
Picking up the 3090FE was much easier than the 3080FE, as its so expensive many people would not entertain it. In some cases the stock remains for hours so £1399 (whilst ridiculous in regular conditions) is far better than 1500-1900 that other AIB's are commanding. I think many of us would have been on 3080's had they had plenty available.

Permabanned
IMO this will be 'the' card to get, the card that will cope with newer games at 4K without being constrained by VRAM concerns. I think it will also be faster than the 3090, though time will tell.

Can't wait to get mine ordered, and very happy I picked up my MSI 3080 Gaming X as a temporary solution for my CX48, with them still being hard to obtain, selling it on will also be easy :)

I agree. Although there is little chance of actually getting anything, I will be holding out for the 3080ti now. Purely for the RAM it's the one for me!

Permabanned
Well to be fair it doesn't say anything we didn't already know from the other EEC submissions. I would be more interested in seeing pricing.

It confirms what everyone thought - that it will have 20GB. As for the pricing, I suspect the $999 will be correct. The only issue of course is the scalpers and miners will be going after it. Mind, I don't know if the extra memory benefits the miners? Either way I don't suppose that I will see one for many months yet.

Caporegime
Associate
It confirms what everyone thought - that it will have 20GB. As for the pricing, I suspect the $999 will be correct. The only issue of course is the scalpers and miners will be going after it. Mind, I don't know if the extra memory benefits the miners? Either way I don't suppose that I will see one for many months yet.
Miners won't be going after it. 3060 Ti is the sweet spot for mining. Sure you'll get more MH/s out of a 3080 Ti but value for money, no sir.

Associate
Take it you never seen the picture of the 78 card 3080 mining rig?
I did but I'm taking about smart miners. The heat dissipation was really restricted in how they framed them. If you're more about looks than crunching the numbers then the 3080's deserve to burn.

Associate
By the time i get my TUF 3080 i paid £650 for i bet i could flog it new in box and make a bit towards the 3080Ti.. question would be is it even worth doing

The wait will be painful, unless you don’t mind.

If you game at 1440p, it’s a waste to get the TI.

Caporegime
By the time i get my TUF 3080 i paid £650 for i bet i could flog it new in box and make a bit towards the 3080Ti.. question would be is it even worth doing
I read on Reddit that the TUF 3080 non-OC version is no longer being produced and retailers are being told to upgrade users to the OC version or cancel orders. :(

Back
Top Bottom