Anyone using Simplisafe?

Soldato
I assume that would be the same for any wireless alarm and is the main weakness of them?

Ajax Jeweller works on 9 frequencies, and it jumps around between them so if it’s being jammed it switches frequency. They claim it can tell if it’s being jammed, but if you open the door while jamming it’s potentially going to miss the trigger. So you should have motion detection as well. It’s REALLY unlikely they could jam two sensors simultaneously because you need to be reasonably close to the jamming radio source. And if they’re in any way sophisticated they’ll just have their own magnetic paper anyway. You slide the magnetic paper up and down the crack between the door and the frame and if you feel the pull of the magnet from the sensor you just stick your own magnet on the door and the sensor thinks it’s still closed. There are people who smash their way into houses and there are people (skilled people) who gain entry. ;)

Associate
Ajax are really good systems and pretty much tick every box. When it comes to house move time, I'll be getting one from work for sure. The perks of working in the smarthome world :D

Soldato
I posted in the other thread as well, but unfortunately Simpliesafe can't monitor commercial premises. Does anyone know of anything similar/identical that does? Because otherwise their system is perfect.

Back
Top Bottom