Wonder Woman 2

Soldato
The first movie was probably the best DCEU film to date. Not a particularly high bar, but a bar nonetheless. Still pretty average next to Marvel's output. But I enjoyed it for what it was.

This one? I thought the first hour or so was fine. It just started to tank around the time of the Jet scene, and got worse and worse. So much of the plot just made no sense. The movie felt needlessly long too, to the point I wound up splitting the movie over two nights. Overall, it's down there with Green Lantern & Dark Phoenix for me. The latter acts approach Batman & Robin levels of bad. Easily the worst DCEU movie to date (in spite of the low bar). How did they manage to such a spectacular fall?!?!

Last edited:
Soldato
Just imagine all the people with terminally ill loved ones (especially kids) or those who wished for the end to world hunger or world peace etc all being ordered by WW to revoke their wish and what about stalkers now suddenly able to wish that their victims would love them or people wishing that criminals who'd killed/raped a family member were caught etc because they sure as hell wouldn't renounce their wishes etc :eek:

There's just so many issues opened up that Patty Jenkins didn't want to think about when she wrote this story, instead seemingly going with a "don't think, consume" mentality.

Soldato
Watched the first 20 mins of this and couldn't watch anymore.

what an utter shame compared to the first one.

reminds me of “ghostbusters” (the new crap
One obviously)

Caporegime
Half in the bag \ redlettermedia review is now up :p

Never really thought about Pascal's character being a dig at Trump, but i suppose it is when you think about it.

Last edited:
Soldato
I don't see it myself.

I agree with you, I didn't really see "Trump" in the character either, which is odd as even the director herself said that Trump was mixed into the character. So either Pedro's acting, and/or her writing, are just so bad that it just didn't come across at all or, and I think this is maybe more likely, she only said it for "Hollywood PR" reasons as it was only mentioned during the run-up to the election (in an interview on the 19th Aug '20).

Either way having the director saying that some of the character is based on Trump, and therefore potentially alienating 30-50% of your cash paying audience, didn't seem like a good decision at the time, either financially or for the films popularity, both of which have taken a big hit since it's release, although how much that's due to it being a "poor" film is debatable for me.

Soldato
Watched it last night and enjoyed it, it was slow but we all liked it. I'm not one for worrying about the DC universe and time lines etch, just though it was a good film.

Sure, wouldn't it be good if they could do an arc like Marvel have managed but DC.

Back
Top Bottom